Duck meat has a specific taste and unusual aroma. Most often, housewives bake duck whole. This dish will be a great addition to any table. But to make the meat tender, juicy and tasty, you need to cook the right marinade for the duck before baking. We will talk about this today.
A few words about culinary subtleties
Some housewives refuse to cook duck meat, mistakenly believing that it is hard and dry. This opinion is due to the fact that not everyone knows how to pickle duck before baking. A few simple, but very useful tips will help you prepare a delicious duck marinated in a spicy sauce:
- Before baking, the carcass of a duck must be defrosted and washed thoroughly.
- The tips of the wings gently cut off, otherwise in the process of roasting they will burn.
- It is better to cut off the goose tails immediately, since they have no taste, but their smell can harm the flavor of the finished dish.
- For marinating duck meat use different sauces, in particular, orange, honey and mustard, garlic and wine, mayonnaise, acetic, cheese, etc.
- We put the duck carcass in a deep dish and fill it with marinade so that it is completely covered.
- Before baking, you can wash the carcass and get rid of the marinade.
- Marinate duck meat for at least three hours in the refrigerator. This time can be increased, and then the taste of the finished dish will be richer.
- It is allowed to use pure soy sauce for marinating.
- Duck meat goes well with various spices and dried herbs from the province.
Juicy duck with orange flavor
Now you know how to pickle duck. It remains only to find a suitable recipe. You can use any marinade to your taste, but many hostesses prefer freshly squeezed orange juice. It is this citrus fruit that nourishes the duck meat with an extraordinary aroma and amazing taste.
- duck carcass - 2 kg;
- orange - 1 pc .;
- 3 tbsp. l honey;
- soy sauce - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sweet mustard - 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt and pepper mix.
- Rub the washed carcass with coarse salt and a mixture of peppers.
- Orange clear and squeeze juice out of it.
- In a separate bowl mix freshly squeezed orange juice, soy sauce, honey and mustard.
- Carefully stir the marinade until smooth.
- Put the duck carcass into the baking sleeve and pour on the richly prepared marinade.
- We pinch the edges of the package and turn over the duck carcass several times so that the marinade is evenly distributed over the entire surface of the bird.
- We send a duck for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- After the allotted time, remove the duck from the marinade and hold for a few minutes by the neck, so that the excess sauce stacks.
- We lay out the duck carcass in a big duck and bake in the oven until ready.
Garlic flavor of baked duck
To cook a delicious and elegant marinade for duck in the oven, you do not need to be a brilliant chef of a famous metropolitan restaurant. Every modern woman can do it at home. Today we are cooking flavored garlic marinade. Remember: the longer the duck carcass or poultry fillet will marinate, the tastier and juicier the baked dish will turn out.
- garlic cloves - 4-5 pcs .;
- 100 ml of mayonnaise;
- 5 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- a mixture of peppers;
- In a separate bowl mix the mayonnaise and soy sauce.
- Garlic cloves cleaned from the husk.
- In a bowl add a mixture of peppers, salt and soy sauce.
- Chop garlic cloves through the press and add to the bowl.
- All components are mixed until a mass of homogeneous consistency.
- Prepared carcass generously pour marinade.
- Marinate the duck carcass for 10-12 hours and then bake.
Peking Duck: simplified version
Every housewife knows very well that cooking Peking duck is a real science. It is necessary not only to make the sauce correctly, but also to marinate the duck in an upright position, rinse and fry. We offer to make a marinade for a duck in a Peking style sleeve. Duck meat will turn out unusually soft, juicy and fragrant.
- 4 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- ginger root - 5 g;
- 4 tbsp. l rice vinegar;
- 60 ml of warm filtered water;
- liquid honey - 4 tbsp. l .;
- 160 ml of rice wine;
- 1 tsp. corn starch;
- 2 tsp. spice mixes.
- In a separate container, pour rice vinegar.
- Mix it with wine, add liquid honey.
- Ginger root grind grated.
- Add rubbed ginger mass together with spices to the container and mix everything thoroughly.
- We put the container on the minimum fire and boil.
- For 15 minutes, boil marinade.
- Pour warm filtered water into a separate bowl and mix it with starch.
- Add marinated diluted starch and mix everything thoroughly until the mixture begins to thicken.
- With thickened marinade we grease the duck carcass abundantly and send to the refrigerator for 8-10 hours.
- Then we bake the duck's carcass in the sleeve and enjoy the extraordinary taste of the exquisite dish.
Classics culinary genre
You already know that there are a huge number of ways to prepare marinade for duck. But the classic recipe still remains the most popular. Preparing this sauce is very simple, and it will require a minimum grocery set.
- ½ lemon;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 2 tsp. ground red pepper.
- Peel the lemon from the skin and squeeze the juice out of half.
- Pour the juice into a bowl and mix it with salt and red pepper.
- Red pepper can be replaced with chili, a mixture or other spicy seasoning to your taste.
- Mix everything well and rub the duck carcass with the resulting mixture.
- For 1-2 hours we marinate the duck, and then bake it in our usual way.
Duck since ancient times was considered a notable treat. The whole secret of its preparation lies in the marinade. If you cook the sauce correctly and soak the duck carcass in it for at least 8 hours, the taste of the meat will be better. Try it, and the result will pleasantly surprise you. You will see: the duck cooked in the marinade will become the favorite dish of your household. Enjoy your meal!