Manty - a dish of Oriental cuisine, which spread far beyond Asia. A dish that can not only please the home, but also surprise the guests: juicy filling and tender dough will please everyone. In addition to the classic recipe of mutton with lamb, minced pork, beef, potatoes, cabbage and even fruit are popular. Anything can be put into mantas, they can be made from fatty meat or from less high-calorie vegetables.
How to cook manti in a double boiler?
Manti is traditionally steamed. Therefore, whatever you use, special mantovarka (which, by the way, is not very convenient and takes a lot of space in the kitchen) or a double boiler, the result will be the same - tasty and satisfying.
What is important in mantah? The dough is not very thick, holding the juice filling, and a special cutting of meat, turning it into chopped mass. You do not need a food processor or meat grinder, since the stuffing cooked with their help is not very juicy.
To make the dish soft and tender, it is important to know how much to cook manti in a double boiler. Usually this time ranges from 30 to 40 minutes.
Classical manty impossible without lamb. Often it is mixed with fat - from this dish it becomes even tastier and juicier.
Manty with lamb
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Flour - 2 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- Water - 125ml
- Salt - to taste (about 0.5 tsp)
- Lamb - 500 gr.
- Interior fat - 50-100 gr.
- Onions - 300 gr.
- Prepare two bowls. In one we pour a slide flour. In the other, beat the water, eggs, oil and salt. In the flour, make a well and pour the egg mixture into it.
- Knead the dough. Ready dough leave for an hour and a half to relax under a towel.
- Prepare the filling: meat and interior fat (fat tail) cut into pieces. Onion cut into cubes.
- We mix everything together, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the dough with sausage. Cut into pieces, 2 cm thick.
- Each piece is thinly rolled out with a rolling pin. In the middle put about 1 tsp. stuffing.
- The edges of the cake come together, it turns out a small bag.
- We put the manty in the steamer.
Recipe of Mantov with Salmon
Real gourmets will like original recipe of mantes with salmon and saffron. Sounds exquisite! True?
- Flour - 800 gr.
- Cold water - 400 ml.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp.
- Salmon fillet - 1 kg.
- Beijing cabbage - 250 g
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Saffron - 1 tbsp. l
- Cream (from 20% and above) - 100 ml.
- Salt - 1 tbsp. l
- Sugar - 1/2 Art. l
- Pepper - 1/3 tsp.
- For the dough, mix all ingredients except flour. Pour the flour in pieces until the dough becomes elastic. Roll into a ball and leave for 15 minutes.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces. Grind Beijing cabbage. Fry chopped onion in butter until golden brown, add a little sugar. Put saffron in the cream.
- Mix the chopped fish, cabbage, onion and cream. Add salt and pepper. Mix gently.
- Divide the dough into small pieces (30-40 gr.). Roll. Put in the center of 1, 5 st. l stuffing.
- Sculpt manti any convenient way. Send for 30 minutes in a double boiler.
- Manty in this recipe can be served with different types of sauces, but the most suitable would be sour cream and garlic: add sour greens and garlic to taste, salt.
Anyone who adheres to a diet, we recommend recipe with vegetable filling. The dough does not contain vegetable oil, which reduces the calorie content of the finished dish:
- Water - 200 ml.
- 1 egg
- Flour - 400 gr.
- Salt to taste
- Bulb - 1pcs
- Potatoes (medium size) - 3 pcs.
- 1/4 cabbage cabbage
- In a bowl, mix water, egg, a pinch of salt. Add flour. Knead dough on the table, sprinkled with 1 tbsp. l flour. Cover with a towel and set aside.
- For the filling, finely cut raw potatoes into cubes. Shred cabbage and strenuously mne her. This is necessary in order to make it juice. Mix with potatoes. We salt. You can pepper a little.
- We make a sausage from dough, cut it into pieces. Each roll out - should make a thin cake (no thicker than 1 mm.). Putting stuffing. We form manti in any way.
- We spread in a double boiler. Cooking 30 - 40 minutes. Do not rush to immediately get ready manti - you can burn yourself with hot steam!
Manty: cooking secrets
- Exist some secrets, of great importance in the preparation of manti. It is better to knead the dough longer - so it will be more elastic.
- In order to keep the manti from sticking to the steamer, it can be greased with a small amount of oil.
- If you do not have time, it is better to choose the following type of modeling: the dough is thinly rolled, cut into squares with sides of about 15 cm, the filling is laid out. The edges of the squares are combined together, the sides are plucked.
- If you use potatoes in addition to meat, then it is better to cook mantias immediately, and not to freeze them for future use. Frozen potatoes spoil the taste of the finished dish.
- The quantity of onions can exceed meat three times, so more juice will be allocated.
Eastern mistresses are famous for their hospitality and culinary skills. Adopt the recipe of their traditional dish - manti. Your guests, friends and relatives will certainly appreciate this original addition to the usual menu!