Macaroni - very airy and light almond cake. In Russia, it has appeared recently, but it has already managed to conquer the hearts of many dessert lovers.
The homeland of macaroni (or macaroons, macaroons) is France. Although there is a version that this dessert came to Europe from Venice, where all the goods and products unusual for those times were brought. Then the sea pirates brought this sweetness from the East and called it "maccherone", which later became the French "macaron". Later, these cakes were transported from Italy by Catherine de Medici and her team of cooks. According to another version, this sweetness was prepared in the city of Nancy in Lorraine in the monastery of Sister Makarun.
Today it is not known for certain who is the author of this dessert, but you can try make macaroni by yourself!
Classic macaroni cake recipe
- almond powder - 190 g
- powdered sugar - 300 g
- raw egg white - 160 g
- granulated sugar - 60 g
- food colorings
- cream for the filling
- First you need to mix the sugar and almond powder and sift through a sieve, then add 50 g of egg white and mix well.
- Heat the remaining protein to room temperature and beat with a mixer until the formation of protein mass, adding sugar. The foam should not be too thick so that the cakes do not turn out to be hard and dry., but at the same time, they kept their shape well.
- Then in the resulting foam you need to add the almond mixture and beat again.
- If you want macaroni to turn out colored, then at this stage you should add food coloring (if you don’t have it at hand, then cocoa powder or ground coffee beans will do).
- It is necessary to take baking paper and draw circles on it with a diameter of 4 cm, on which it is necessary to apply an almond-protein mixture using a pastry bag.
- Top of this mixture can be sprinkled with confectionery powders, coconut or chocolate chips.
- Baked halves of cakes in the oven at 170 degrees for 10-12 minutes. At this time, it is forbidden to open the oven, otherwise the mass simply does not rise.
- After baking, the cakes should be allowed to cool and glue the halves together with a cream filling. Half-cakes should be smooth on the outside, and inside - soft, slightly moist, melting in the mouth.
The fillings for these cakes can be varied, here are a few options:
Strawberry Macaroni Cake: Recipe
- icing sugar - 50 g
- ground nuts (assorted) - 225 g
- sugar - 25 g
- cocoa - 125 g
- egg white - 1 pc
- red dye (suitable strawberry juice)
- Mix powdered sugar with nuts and heat over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Beat egg whites, gradually adding the remaining part of powdered sugar and leave for 2 minutes.
- After in the resulting mixture to enter the nuts, dye and powder, mix well. The mass should turn out shiny, but not liquid.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper, fill the culinary bag with the resulting mass and make with a bag of pellet with a diameter of about 3 cm.
- The dough should be left for half an hour on baking paper, so that it is slightly covered with a crust.
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees and bake cakes in it for 10 minutes.
- For stuffing You need to mix milk, 33% cream and nut paste, then bring it all to a boil over low heat. After boiling remove from heat, add grated chocolate and return to fire. A minute after boiling, the mixture should be removed from the heat, cool.
- Mix the two halves of macaroni together with a filling. You can eat cakes with any of the drinks for desserts.
Macaroni and Cinnamon Cake: Recipe
- powdered sugar - 150 g
- ground almonds - 75 g
- egg whites - 2 pcs
- granulated sugar - 400 g
- cinnamon - ½ tsp
- strawberry juice (preferably with pulp) - ¾ Art.
- chicken eggs - 6 pcs
- butter - 100 g
- Ground almonds need to be combined with powdered sugar.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer until foaming, add 1 tsp. sugar and beat again until light shine.
- Mix the proteins with the almonds, put the dough in a pastry bag and squeeze in the form of circles onto baking paper, which you must first place the baking tray, not forgetting to keep a small distance between the circles.
- Then leave the dough for 40 minutes, and then put in the oven, preheated to 150 degrees, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- While the cakes are baked, you can do them stuffing. You need to beat the eggs with the remaining sugar until smooth, add the strawberry juice, cinnamon and melted butter, mix everything well and put in a water bath.
- Boil the filling to thicken, constantly stirring.
- Then, the stuffing should be removed from the heat, grind through a sieve, put into a clean dish and cover with a plastic wrap so that it touches the surface of the mass. Cool it down.
- After the cakes are baked, they need to be cooled and glue the halves together with the cream obtained. Cakes are ready!
Pasta macaroni: fillings
- Coffee filling for macaroni cakes. 75 g of the fattest cream mixed with 1 tbsp. instant coffee, bring it all to a boil, then add 15 g of Cointreau liqueur and beat everything with 200 g of marzipan.
- Raspberry filling for pasta macarons. 400 g of fresh raspberry berries bring to a boil along with 250 g of granulated sugar. 2 tsp. starch dissolved in the juice of half a lemon, add the mixture to the raspberries, mix and boil on fire for 2 minutes, then cool.
- Pistachio filling for macaroni cakes. 80 ml of heavy cream mixed with 30 g of pistachio paste, put on the fire and bring to a boil, and then mix with 200 g of marzipan.
- Lemon filling for macaroni cakes. Mix 100 ml of lemon juice, 150 g of granulated sugar, add 2 chicken eggs and ½ tsp. starch, bring all to a boil, cool and add 200 g of butter and leave to cool.
- Chocolate filling for macaroni cakes. Melt 300 g of dark chocolate with 300 g of heavy cream in a water bath, add 70 glee oil and mix well. Leave to cool.
Home-made macaroni cake is a simple, inexpensive, but at the same time very tasty dish.! Cooking it, you can always pamper yourself, your loved ones and guests!