Many things from childhood are remembered for the rest of their lives. Remember the grandmother's patties, sweet sausage from cookies, the preparation of raspberry jam? Of course, remember! And lollipops? Multicolored, yellow, red, greenish cockerels and other figures? Find now such - a rarity. Do not be upset: cooking candy at home is extremely simple.
The advantage of self-made lollipops is that you know exactly what is in their composition. You can opt out of artificial flavors and dyes, replacing them with natural.
In Soviet times, lollipops were made using special shapes. They were mostly metal. Now in order to find forms for lollipops you need to try. Those same iron sold only at flea markets. What to use as a replacement? If we consider the store option, then silicone tins are perfect. To prevent the candies from sticking, they can be oiled, although this is not necessary - the likelihood that they will be removed normally without lubrication is large enough. If there is no special silicone mold for lollipops, you can use an ice mold. Often they are made in the form of stars, squares, hearts. Such forms can be plastic. Of course, in this case it will be difficult to insert a stick into the candy. You can think of other options. Some housewives use ordinary glasses as a form. Small containers are oiled and poured into a mixture for candy. Such sweets are round. You can also make beautiful and tasty lollipops with your own hands without any form at all. For this you need to prepare a stick for candy and a bowl with large sugar. Put the stick on the sugar and begin to pour the candy mixture. We do this by forming an elongated candy. When the mixture grapples a little, turn it over, dipping it in sugar with the other side. So we have a candy lollipop in sugar. You can make about the same sweetness and without sugar, pouring a warm mixture on a stick, lying on baking paper.
Lollipops: a recipe
Classic candy, familiar to all of us since childhood, is prepared simply. For them we need sugar, some water and vinegar.
- Sugar - 200 gr.
- Water - 50 ml.
- Vinegar 9 percent - 0, 5 tbsp. l
- Flavors and natural colors - optional
- Prepare the smeared candy molds in advance. Then pour sugar into a small saucepan and add water to it. Put the saucepan on medium heat and boil the sugar until dissolved.
- To make this happen faster, you can make the fire stronger. After the mixture boils, add vinegar and reduce heat to low. Boil the mixture for about 15 minutes, until the sugar is completely dissolved, and the mixture turns into gold in color.
- Add flavoring or coloring agents. In the resulting mixture pour into molds. If desired, insert sticks. Wait until the candies are hard and pull them out of shape.
How to make candy?
In another recipe there is a bit of a different proportion of ingredients. This amount of the mixture is enough for a small amount of candy. On this method it is convenient to train and cook sweet for the first time.
- Sugar - 9 tbsp. l
- Water - 9 tbsp. l
- Usus 9 percent - 1, 5 tbsp. l
- As usual, prepare the form, pour sugar into the pan and add water. Mix the mixture over high heat.
- Then add vinegar and bring to golden color. The liquid is poured into the form and give the candies to harden.
Homemade lollipops: how to make?
In the form of candy can be prepared and many other sweets. Caramel, obtained by boiling sugar syrup, can be used even with apples. There is such a dish - caramel apples on a stick.
- Sugar - 300 gr.
- Softened butter - 20 gr.
- Water - 3 tbsp. l
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp.
- Prepare plates oiled or with cold water. Wash and dry apples. In the middle of stick wooden skewers, sticks.
- Pour sugar into the pan, add water. There also put the butter and lemon juice. Dissolve sugar mixture over medium heat. Heat until it turns golden. Take turns in the syrup to dip the apples, holding the stick.
- Ready to put on a plate, oiled or dipped in a container with cold water. In the latter case, the edges will be more even. Caramel apples can be rolled in nuts and any other dressing before the caramel hardens. You can also use a variety of dyes.
Milk Chocolate Candy
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. l
- Honey - 1 tbsp. l
- Cocoa - 2 tbsp. l
- Water - 5 tbsp. l
- Butter - 2 tbsp. l
- Put all the ingredients in the pan. Heat until the mixture begins to melt. Because cocoa is difficult to catch the moment when it will be golden, so it is better to focus on the solidification of a drop of syrup in water.
- When it turns into a ball in a glass with cold water, you need to pour the mixture into forms or carefully pour it on baking paper.
Several features in the preparation of candy at home.
If the prescription in vinegar sugar to add vinegar, then do it very carefully. A slight chemical reaction may occur.
When the vinegar is added, the mixture may flake. Do not be scared. After some time, it will become a familiar consistency.
When melting sugar, the mass must be constantly stirred and ensure that it does not burn. Otherwise, the candies will have a burning taste and smell.
After the candies are poured into forms, you need to immediately soak the pot and spoon. The mixture hardens very quickly, it will be difficult to wash the dishes later. It is better to fill it with boiling water or hot water immediately and let it stand for a while. If the mixture is stuck to the walls of the pot, then again, fill it with boiling water.
If you use not special forms for candies, but improvised means, and candies are not pulled out at home, then put the form in hot water. After that, try to pull out the sweets again.
Lollipops to do at home is simple. In almost all recipes, the main components are sugar, water and vinegar. For 15-20 minutes, the mixture of them turns into liquid caramel, which then needs to be poured into molds. By the way, the resulting lollipops can be used not only as candy, but also to make caramel crumb out of them, which can then be used to decorate glasses for cocktails or desserts.