To make the pies tasty and fluffy, you need to follow three main rules: pick up the stuffing, knead a good dough and cook according to a proven recipe. Liver is one of the most useful and popular types of fillings for pies. Liver patties, the recipes of which we have selected for you in this article, turn out just delicious if you know some of the secrets of their preparation.
Let's open them together.
Liver and potato patties: recipe
Ingredients for the test:
- 360 ml of liquid (from it 200 ml is an egg with water and another 160 ml is milk);
- 4 tbsp. flour;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 2 tsp. salts;
- 3 tbsp. l sunflower oil;
- 11 g yeast.
The composition for the filling:
- 0.5 kg of liver;
- 0.5 kg of potatoes;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 onion;
- First you need to make a dough. Mix the yeast with flour, add salt, egg with water, milk and sunflower oil, and then knead the dough.
- Remove the dough to a warm place for a quarter of an hour and then knead again. This is done in order for the gluten to ripen and the dough to become homogeneous. Sometimes the flour contains too little gluten, so the dough begins to float. In this case, you need to add some more flour to it. It is important to make the lumps of dough themselves lagged behind the hands under the influence of their weight. Only after that you can put the dough in a warm place for an hour.
- While the dough rises, you need to prepare the filling of the liver for the pies. First you need to boil the liver. To do this, simply put in boiling water and boil for 20 minutes.
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Boil it in lightly salted water.
- Remember potatoes until smooth. Pass through the meat grinder boiled liver, onions and garlic.
- Mix mashed potatoes with liver mince. Salt it.
- Now you can start sculpt pies. To do this, you need to make small balls out of dough and make cakes of them with a rolling pin or with your hands. Put the stuffing on the cakes.
- Shape the patties and lay them seam down on the baking sheet. Grease the patties with a beaten egg using a silicone brush.
- Put the baking tray in a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees until cooked. If the pies are small, then very little time is needed (about 25-30 minutes).
Pies with liver and potatoes, cooked according to this recipe, can be fried in a pan in the oil.
How to cook the pies with liver and rice?
The dough for pies with liver and rice is kneaded similarly, and they differ only in the preparation of the filling.
The composition for the filling:
- 400 g of liver;
- 200 grams of rice;
- 2 carrots;
- 2 onions;
- salt and pepper;
- sunflower oil.
- First you need to boil rice. To do this, fill it with water and put on fire. When it boils, add ½ tsp. salt and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. After that, the rice must be thoroughly washed.
- Carrots also need to boil (about half an hour), and then peeled and cut into large cubes.
- Finely chop the liver.
- Put the pan on fire, pour in about 3 tbsp. l sunflower oil and fry the liver from different sides for 5 minutes. This should be done on a small fire. In this case, the liver should be salted and then pepper.
- When the liver is ready, remove it from the pan and allow excess fat to drain from it.
- Now you need to clear and chop the onion. Fry the onion until it turns golden (you can use the oil that is left after you have fried the liver).
- Cut the greens. Mince the onions with carrots and liver. Add to the mixture of rice with herbs. If necessary, the filling must be dosolit.
- When the filling is ready, you can take out the dough and start making scones with liver and rice, and then bake them in the same way as described in the previous recipe.
If you cook according to these recipes and comply with all the proportions, as well as the sequence of cooking steps, then you will bake delicious cakes. They can also be fried in a pan. In order to make fried liver pies tasty, they need to be spread onto the pan first with seam up. Feel free to experiment with the stuffing, the shape of the pies themselves. Cook with pleasure, and you get a lush and tasty pastries!