The recipe of the liver in Stroganoff is original in its own way. It is embodied in practice very quickly and simply, but at the same time you get an exquisite French dish with an extraordinary taste. How to prepare a liver so that it is soft and tender - the way it was tried to serve to Count Stroganov?
This delicacy was invented by the cook of Count Alexander Stroganov. He was able to ingeniously combine the traditions of French and Russian cuisine in one dish. In the 90s of the 19th century, its creator became famous in the highest circles. It is to him that we owe one more unsurpassed dish - meat in a Stroganov style.
A classic liver recipe in a Stroganoff necessarily includes a liver and sour cream sauce, which, by analogy with French cuisine, can be served separately. In the Russian version of the dish, the by-product is stewed in sour cream sauce, which makes it softer. If you decide to treat yourself to an old delicacy, get on with the preparation.
Stroganoff liver: a classic recipe with photos
This recipe is fully consistent with what was once offered to cook Count Stroganov. Tasting a delicacy, feel the sophistication and simplicity of noble cuisine!
- liver (ideally beef) - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 2-3 pcs .;
- sour cream - 0.5 l;
- flour - 1 tbsp. l .;
- fat for frying;
- Peel and chop the bulbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or sauté pan, put the chopped onion.
- Minimize the heat on the stove and continue to simmer for about 20 minutes until the onions are soft. Stir periodically. Slices of vegetables should not be fried, otherwise the dish will be bitter.
- Cook the liver. To do this, clean it from the films and remove the bile ducts. Cut the product into thin bars. Their length should be no more than 4 cm.
- Gently transfer the liver to the second pan with the heated vegetable oil.
- Fry it on high heat for no more than 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour pieces of offal and shift them to the onion.
- Add sour cream, spices, salt and simmer over medium heat.
- When the dish boils, simmer another 20 minutes.
- Ready liver should be soft. Turn off the heat and leave the dish covered for 3 minutes.
Delicate liver with mushrooms
The liver recipe in Stroganov has many variations. They were invented much later than the creation of the original dish. However, the additional ingredients did not impair the initial taste of the delicacy, but, on the contrary, improved it. Mushrooms have become one of such successful additives.
- liver - 0.5 kg;
- mushrooms - 200 g;
- sour cream - 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- soaking milk;
- granulated sugar - 1 tsp;
- Onion - 1 pc .;
- vegetable oil and cream;
- First you need to cook the mushroom sauce. To do this, cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Onion peel and shred.
- Fry the onion rings in butter until they are transparent.
- Add mushrooms and sour cream, salt and simmer until tender.
- At this time, clean the liver, cut into slices and pour milk.
- Add sugar to offal and let it brew for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix flour with spices and put in a plastic bag.
- Place the liver and shake until the product is completely covered with flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the liver pieces, salt and pepper and add the sauce with mushrooms.
- Heat the dish and immediately remove from heat.
Recipe for "Stroganov" liver with tomato
In this recipe will be involved and tomato paste. It will give the dish a new flavor and aroma, although initially tomatoes in any form were not present in the Stroganov recipe.
- liver - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- sour cream - 2 tbsp. l .;
- tomato paste - 1 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 1 tbsp. l .;
- butter - 20 g;
- Liver well cleaned, washed and dried.
- Cut into thin slices and put in a deep dish.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Breaded the pieces in flour and fry in butter until crusting.
- Chop onions with rings.
- Add the vegetable to the by-product, here also put a spoonful of tomato paste.
- Add a little water and stew the dish for a few minutes.
- Put sour cream, heat and turn off the fire.
- Serve hot.
In order for the delicacy to turn out in French, tender and noble, we will reveal several secrets of cooking.
- Traditionally, beef liver is taken for a dish, however, recipes in a Stroganov manner are much better if we take veal by-product as a basis.
- To make the film easier to remove, the liver can be frozen, sprinkled with lemon juice or rubbed with salt.
- Sour cream before laying in the pan should not be cold.
- Pieces of offal are well placed in the pan so that between them there is a distance - then they will be better fried.
- A slice of lemon in the pan will eliminate the bitter taste of the liver.
- If beef or pork offal is cooked, it must first be kept in milk.
- Sour cream for sauce should be as fat as possible.
- As a garnish, potatoes, pasta, rice will suit the dish.
The liver recipe is Stroganov today available to everyone: the ingredients can be found in any store. It is very important that they are fresh and, if possible, natural. Then the taste of the delicacy with a rich history will be unsurpassed.