Sometimes everyday fish dishes get bored, and I want to cook something unusual, but very tasty. In this case, you should try limonella. This fish lives in the Pacific Ocean, eats small crustaceans, and also mollusks.
The length of an adult individual reaches about 70 cm, weight about 1.4 kg. The main distinguishing feature of limonella is not quite normal ventral fin - it runs along the entire abdomen, and in the area of the tail fluffs slightly. Scales rather small, brown.
Lemonella is just perfect for cooking second courses. This variety of fish is not very fat, it is because of this property that limonella is recommended for use by people who keep an eye on their figure and constantly follow a variety of diets. It is also useful for diabetes, during pregnancy and for small children.
Useful properties of fish
Fish fillet contains minerals and valuable vitamins:
- Nicotinic acid (vitamin PP) - normalizes all the metabolic processes occurring in the body, regulates cholesterol, provides improved cerebral blood flow. The coagulation property of the blood also decreases in minor proportions.
- Vitamins belonging to group B. Positively affect the metabolic reactions occurring in the body, are directly involved in the formation of RNA, as well as DNA. These substances help to better assimilate the various nutrients that come with food, provide protection against the formation of anemia. When this happens a mild decrease in cholesterol content.
- Fat-soluble vitamin E. This substance is involved in the process of protection, as well as the formation of cell membranes, is a strong antioxidant (provides reliable protection of cells from the negative effects of free radicals). Due to the influence of this vitamin, cells begin to use oxygen more economically.
- Various microelements that ensure the proper functioning of not only enzymes, but also all organs and tissues of the human body.
- Limonella contains iodine, so it should be used with hypothyroidism or lack of this substance. A serving of fish makes it possible to get the daily iodine rate without causing any harm to the body. In this case there will be no need to take medicines.
- Also, limonella contains a huge number of polyunsaturated fatty acids, so that with regular consumption of fish in food, the metabolism is normalized. At the same time they have an excellent antioxidant effect, help reduce the number of atherogenic lipoproteins, gently clean the blood vessels, minimizes the likelihood of atherosclerosis.
- Regular consumption of this variety of fish helps reduce the likelihood of coronary artery disease, thrombosis, angina, as well as hypertension. Therefore, limonella is prescribed to all patients who belong to the cardiac profile.
- This variety of fish will be just the perfect choice for people suffering from various diseases associated with the functioning of the digestive system (for example, gastritis, ulcers, etc.). Limonella does not provoke complications of the disease, but has a positive effect on the cells, supplying nutrients that accelerate the healing process and further healing.
During the heat treatment of fish, some of the nutrients may be lost. Nutritionists recommend cooking this type of fish for a couple, so that such losses will be minimized.
How to cook limonella in the oven?
- Fish -1 bird
- Sunflower oil - for frying
- Onions - 1 onion
- Tomato ketchup - 30-40 g
- Carrot - 1-1.5 pcs.
- Lavrushka - 4-6 pcs.
- Spices for fish - to taste
- Salt - 1 pinch
- First, the fish is cleaned, gutted, all entrails are removed, fins are cut.
- The prepared carcass is cut into several pieces (not too large).
- Pieces of limonella are washed, transferred to a colander, as all liquid must flow.
- Fish is seasoned with spices and salt.
- A heat-resistant container is taken, a layer of foil is laid out on the bottom, so that during the preparation the limonella does not burn.
- A fish is laid out in the form, and a laurel is placed on top of each piece.
- Peeled and finely chopped onions are lightly fried in a well-heated sunflower oil.
- A shredded carrot is introduced into the onions, and the vegetables are fried until half cooked.
- A small amount of water is diluted with ketchup.
- Vegetables and sauce are laid out in a fish shape, covered with foil on top so that the sauce does not leak out during cooking.
- The form is placed in a preheated oven (about 180 degrees) and left for about 35 minutes.
- Served to the table fish with any side dish.
Fish fillet baked with vegetables: recipe with photos
- Sunflower oil - for frying
- Limonella - about 1.5 kg
- Spices - to taste
- Carrot - 1-1.5 pcs.
- Mayonnaise - 80-90 g
- Onion - 1 onion
- To prevent the fish from falling apart during cooking, it is first soaked in cold, salted water with a pinch of citric acid. In such a marinade, limonella should be left for several hours.
- Carcass fish is cleaned, then washed with plenty of cold water, cut into small pieces (about 3-4 cm).
- Lemonella is laid out in a deep bowl and seasoned with spices.
- All vegetables are cleaned. Onion sliced in thin half-rings is fried in hot oil with carrot, chopped on a fine grater. Vegetables are fried until they are fully cooked.
- Then the vegetables are cooled and mixed with mayonnaise.
- The heat-resistant form for roasting is taken, its bottom is smeared with a small amount of sunflower oil.
- Lemonella is laid out in the form, vegetables are placed with mayonnaise on top.
- The form with the fish is placed in a preheated oven (approximately 220 degrees) and the dish 1 is prepared. Periodically you need to check the readiness of the dish.
- Before serving, the fish is sprinkled with fresh herbs and served with any side dish.
Lemonella is a very useful fish, and today there are a large number of recipes for cooking - fried, stewed, steamed. It can be used even during strict diets, as well as during pregnancy. Limonella is very useful for the elderly and children, as it contains little fat, but it is unusually rich in nutrients.