At the beginning of summer it is difficult to find people who are indifferent to the stunning aroma of lime blossom. But linden not only smells good, but is also a truly invaluable healer. Infusions and decoctions support vitality, and if you know how to brew lime tea, you can not be afraid of seasonal viruses. Let's find out how to make fake tea, learn useful properties and contraindications for its reception.
Useful properties of lime
Linden - a unique tree in the eyes of medicine. The fact is that for the preparation of various drugs are used:
- tree leaves;
The widest spectrum of action in lime blossom. Therefore, tea, decoctions, infusions are made from it, and lime honey is considered to be one of the most healing varieties of this “sweet amber”. Delicate yellow flowers contain:
- vitamins A, C, which effectively fight viruses;
- iron, potassium, calcium, which have a beneficial effect on blood flow and bone tissue;
- magnesium, which improves carbohydrate metabolism and vascular blood supply;
- tiliacin, known for its bactericidal properties;
- flavonoids responsible for vascular elasticity;
- tannins, removing carcinogens;
- essential substances that care about the health of the nervous system.
How does linden tea help fight ailments and old age?
Long since traditional medicine belonged to linden tree with special reverence. A seasonal collection of its colors was a traditional annual event. By the way, in Soviet times, employees of various organizations in the days of community work days were obliged to collect fake color for pharmacy needs. The healing properties of linden tea help with:
- increased body temperature due to viral infections;
- bronchitis, tracheitis, promoting sputum removal;
- angina, having an astringent effect on ulcers in the throat;
- neuralgia, insomnia, migraine headaches, soothing and triggering the mechanisms for producing the “happiness hormone” - endorphin;
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract, synthesizing hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice and regulating the flow into the duodenum of bile;
- metabolic disorders, removing toxins from the body;
- obesity - antioxidant action improves digestion and helps stabilize weight;
- burns and furunculosis, having a bactericidal effect on the lesions of the skin;
- kidney stones, cystitis, as tea is a diuretic.
Phytohormones contained in the color of the plant are almost identical to the female sex hormones. Therefore, in cosmetology linden is used as a rejuvenating agent. Some women claim that a bath with lime decoction, in addition to relieving intestinal pain, eliminates cellulite.
How to collect linden tea?
In order to stock up on a year of healing raw materials for tea or decoction, you need to properly collect the lime color. There are several rules for collecting useful inflorescences:
- harvesting should begin in the phase of active flowering - this is the end of May or the beginning and middle of June, depending on the climate of the area;
- it is best to collect the inflorescences when they bloom by two-thirds, and a third are still in buds;
- harvesting is best done before lunch at a temperature no higher than 25 degrees, with variable cloudiness and moderate humidity (then there will be a lot of nectar in the flowers);
- Inflorescences should be carefully cut with scissors, grabbing the wings of the leaves;
- lime color should be without damage and yellowness;
- 0.5-1 kg inflorescences enough for a small family for a year.
How to dry and store lime blossom?
To personally verify the medicinal properties of the plant, it is equally important how to dry linden for tea.
- It is best to use a piece of paper for drying (but not newspapers, otherwise the inflorescences are fed with lead) or a tray.
- Unfolded with a thin layer of inflorescence dried in a shady place, occasionally turning. You can also dry in the oven, but the temperature should not exceed 45 degrees.
- After the linden has dried, it needs to be put into a paper bag or a canvas bag. In addition, you can use ceramic dishes with a lid. Plastic for lime is contraindicated.
How to brew lime tea?
The color can be brewed both separately and in the “company” with herbs (chamomile, thyme, sage). Pure lime drink "warm" and fragrant. In addition, it does not need to add sugar, because the color contains natural sucrose. Versatile tea is made quickly and easily.
- 30 g of lime;
- 2 tbsp. water;
- honey (optional).
- Rinse a ceramic or faience teapot with boiling water.
- Fall asleep linden, pour hot, but not boiling water.
- Well we harbor a teapot, insist 20-30 minutes.
- If desired, add honey.
By the way, if you have not drunk the entire portion of the drink at a time, the remaining linden tea can be poured into molds and frozen. After rubbing the face with such cubes, fine wrinkles are smoothed, and the skin becomes velvety and smooth.
In which cases lime tea is contraindicated?
The benefits of linden tea are undoubted, but there are still a number of warnings:
- color should be collected only in ecologically clean areas, because trees are very actively absorbing the surrounding toxins. There will be no benefit from inflorescences collected on the side of a highway — only harm, and such a drink is contraindicated for absolutely everyone .;
- linden inflorescence tea is used only during the period of illness, as it is a very effective means. Daily tea drinking can lead to an overabundance of certain substances in the body;
- For people with heart disease, linden tea is not recommended, because the drink activates the body's natural protective resources, leading to over-stimulation, and this is a stress to the cardiovascular system.
How to prepare fake infusions and decoctions?
If during the autumn-winter period you have not passed bronchitis, then a lime blossom infusion will relieve you of an exhausting cough in just a couple of days.
- Take 1 tbsp. l Linden-colored and well chopped.
- Fill 1 tbsp. boiling water.
- Let it brew for 40 minutes.
- Strain out.
Drink this infusion is recommended warm for 1 tbsp. 3 times a day.
If problems with the gastrointestinal tract is recommended to drink a decoction of lime blossom.
- 1 tbsp. l linden pour 1 tbsp. boiling water.
- We put on a slow fire and boil for 20 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
It is necessary to drink broth on 1/3 Art. 3 times a day before meals.
Linden decoctions are also used for the preparation of healing baths. In particular, they help pacify the pain of colitis.
- 10 handfuls of flowers pour a liter of cold water.
- Boil on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Filter and pour into the bath.
Take this bath is recommended no more than 15 minutes.
Linden tea, which has beneficial properties and contraindications, undoubtedly, has a significant advantage in the direction of the former, yet needs controlled admission. After all, he (as well as infusions and decoctions), is a drug, and quite effective. Therefore, be sure to consult a doctor about herbal medicine with linden, if you intend to undergo treatment thoroughly.