Salted fish can be an exquisite delicacy that is easy to prepare at home. Most fans of this delicacy come traditionally: they mix onion, butter and pepper, sometimes they add vinegar to the marinade. As a result, the vegetable becomes limp, and the fish becomes tasteless. The recipe for salted salmon will allow you to avoid major mistakes and cook fish no worse than in the store.
Salted salmon is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. It is no secret that phosphorus in fish and the most valuable fish oil have a beneficial effect on human health and mental activity. However, the use of salmon does not end there. She is:
- reduces the amount of cholesterol;
- reduces the likelihood of blood clots;
- relieves depression;
- improves memory and vision;
- supports the work of the heart;
- strengthens the immune system and bone system.
In boiled and fried fish loses many useful properties. By consuming it fresh, you can get maximum benefit from the product. A small amount of salt allows not only to improve the taste of the dish, but also to disinfect fresh fish fillets.
Salmon is a dietary product. Calorie salted salmon - 220 kcal. This makes the fish a valuable product for weight loss and at the same time restoring the body.
In this regard, for the preparation of dishes you need to choose only fresh fish. In supermarkets, it can be found chilled. You can not take frozen salmon, because when defrosting it will just disintegrate and will be absolutely tasteless.
To cook salted salmon at home, you must first cut it into pieces and remove the bones with tweezers. It should make an absolutely clean filet that fits easily on a dish. And now proceed to cooking.
Salted Salmon Recipe
- Prepared salmon fillet should be thoroughly rinsed under running water.
- Dry the fish on a paper towel so that there is no moisture left in it.
- Coarse salt is poured into 1 layer of prepared for salting dishes.
- Lay salmon sandpaper down.
- Pour another layer of salt on top of the fillet.
- Wrap the fish in a plastic bag or cling film.
- Put the wrapped salmon in a dish and refrigerate. If you want to get a lightly salted product, you should hold it in the refrigerator for no more than 6 hours. For a more salty version, you can let it lie for 12 hours.
- After the specified time, the film must be removed. A piece of fish will become more dense, and brine should appear under it, because salt tends to draw out liquid.
- Turn the piece so that the skin is on top, and the meat is placed in a pickle.
- Wrap salmon in plastic and refrigerate again.
- After 6 or 12 hours, the salt should be washed off and dried well on a paper towel.
- Then wrap the fish back in polyethylene and place in the refrigerator. This measure is necessary so that the fillet is salted evenly.
- To serve salmon cut into pieces, garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Salads with salted salmon
Salted salmon can be the basis for delicious and nutritious salads, both for every day and for the festive table. Pre-fish need to pickle on the specified recipe.
With eggs and cucumbers
- salmon - 250 g;
- quail eggs - 12 pcs .;
- cucumber - 3 pcs .;
- dill, green onions, sour cream - to taste.
- Salted salmon is cut into small pieces.
- Eggs quail need to pre-cook hard boiled and cut into pieces.
- Peel the cucumbers and cut into slices.
- To mix everything.
- Mix with sour cream.
- Add chopped onion and dill.
With tomatoes and cheese
- tomatoes - 1 pc .;
- lightly salted salmon 50 g;
- mozzarella cheese - 30 g;
- sour cream - 2 tbsp. l .;
- greens, onions to taste.
- Tomato wash and cut into slices.
- Salmon and chop cheese slices.
- Wash the onions, peel and cut into small pieces.
- Greens finely chop.
- All components mix and add 2 tbsp. l sour cream for refueling.
With rice and vegetables
- 250 g - salmon, rice;
- 1 pc. - cucumber, carrot, avocado, onions;
- 1 tsp. - lemon juice, sugar;
- 4 eggs;
- half of the beam - green onions, dill;
- 0.2 kg of mayonnaise;
- 1 tbsp. l vinegar;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- The preparation of rice is similar to its preparation for sushi. To do this, long-grain grits need to be washed until the drained water becomes clear. Drain and leave the rice for an hour.
- Pour with cold water (2 tbsp.) And boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, then leave without fire for another 10 minutes.
- Vinegar, sugar and salt mix and put in rice.
- Boil eggs and carrots and peel them.
- Onions and greens finely chopped.
- Peel the avocado, cut into slices and lightly sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Peel the cucumber and cut it into slices.
- Eggs and carrots grate on a coarse grater.
- Put salad in layers: rice with mayonnaise; finely chopped salmon; dill; bow; cucumber with mayonnaise; avocado with mayonnaise; eggs with onions and mayonnaise; carrots with mayonnaise.
- Decorate to your liking, put in the fridge for impregnation.
The recipe for salted salmon takes time, but is quite simple to prepare. Such fish will be a good basis for a festive salad, and on weekdays it will add spice and elegance to everyday food, at the same time bringing the body a lot of benefits.