The "lazy" versions of the dishes were created by not careless housewives who did not want to stand at the stove for a long time: rather, they were invented for people with a shortage of time, because the direct participation of the cook in them is hardly a quarter of an hour. Lazy cabbage rolls in the oven - a good option for lunch or dinner in a hurry, and yet this is a great opportunity to feed the child with cabbage, which he often removes from ordinary cabbage rolls. How to cook such a dish?
Recipe for lazy cabbage rolls in the oven with step by step photos
How does this technique differ from the one that is peculiar to ordinary cabbage rolls? Basically, only by changing the technology of forming the dish: the ingredients for simple stuffed cabbage and the lazy are unchanged - mincemeat and cabbage are also required here, and the remaining components are selected according to individual taste preferences. The most popular recipes for lazy cabbage rolls with rice, carrots or pepper, as this plays in favor of increasing the saturation of the dish. The amount of rice indicated for the dry product.
- Minced pork - 700 g
- Minced beef - 300 g
- Onion fine - 2 pcs.
- White cabbage - 1/2 pcs.
- Round grain rice (as for porridge) - 100 g
- Ground black pepper - 1 tsp.
- Spices - to taste
- Vegetable oil - for frying and baking.
- At the very beginning of work, turn on the oven: the ingredients will require only 15-20 minutes, during which the oven will warm up to the desired (170 degrees) temperature. At the same time, you need to pour water into a small ladle or pan, put it on the hob so that it boils. While waiting, carefully wash the rice. Pour it into boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes. until complete swelling.
- Rinse the cabbage, remove the top leaves (they need to be disposed of) and chop it: about 1/4 of the half of the head must be put aside, and the rest poured into a large saucepan. Pour cold water there, put the pot on the stove, bring the liquid to a boil and hold for 10 minutes. over high heat, so that the cabbage leaves soften slightly.
- Grind onions, pass it in hot vegetable oil until brown crust appears.
- Beef and pork mince combine and knead, add salt and pepper. In a common bowl, mix the minced meat, onion, cabbage and boiled rice, knead the ingredients with your hands for 2-3 minutes to get a soft homogeneous mass, which should keep the shape well.
- Grease a deep baking sheet with vegetable oil (weakly), distribute the deferred part of the chopped cabbage over it, creating a thin layer on the surface. On this "pillow" lay out the stuffed cabbage rolls molded in the form of large meatballs or cutlets. The distance between them can not even save - the stuffing does not stick together with the edges.
- Add some water to the baking tray, place it on the lower level. Bake lazy cabbage rolls in the oven for 35-40 minutes. If you want the cabbage rolls not to have a too noticeable crust, tighten the baking sheet with foil or put the cabbage rolls together with a layer of chopped cabbage into the roasting sleeve. Also on the tenderness of the dish affects the amount of water added to the pan.
Cabbage rolls like in kindergarten
The warmest memories of most people are related to the diet that was used in kindergarten: perhaps this is due to the fact that today it is very different from those present in the Soviet era, when there was a GOST. And maybe that is just nostalgia for the past. One way or another, but lazy cabbage rolls from kindergarten is a great option not only for small children, but also for adults.
- Minced meat - 700 g
- White cabbage - 1 pc
- White rice - 80 g
- Carrots - 1 pc
- Onion - 1 pc
- Tomato paste - 2 tbsp.
- Sour cream fat - 4 tbsp.
- Butter - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Scroll the minced meat through a meat grinder (if you took a whole piece of meat, pass it through the meat grinder 2-3 times): this will make it more tender. Then transfer to a deep thick frying pan, simmer for 3-5 minutes. under the lid, without adding water or oil: the stuffing should highlight its juice and warm slightly in it. After turning off the hob, leave the pan on it.
- Chop onions, heat butter in another skillet, pour onions and fry over high heat for 1-2 minutes, so that the pieces become transparent. Immediately, without letting them cool, shift to the stuffing, catching for this onion skimmer, not grabbing the remnants of oil.
- Rinse the rice to clean water, pour into a pot of boiling water. Boil until liquid evaporates: to do this, rice and water must be taken in a ratio of 1: 2.5 and cooked over medium heat with the lid ajar. Salt is not necessary.
- Prepared rice, pour to the minced meat and onions, mix all these ingredients, add salt and leave for 15 minutes.
- Disassemble the white cabbage on the leaves, chop and pour on the sieve steamers. Cooking time - 20 minutes. If there is no steamer, you can pour the cabbage into a metal colander, put it in a saucepan, and then pour into it such an amount of water that closes the cabbage, but does not allow it to swim out of the colander. On medium heat, cabbage is required to cook for 25 minutes. Water can be salted.
- Flip the finished cabbage into a bowl, add sour cream to it, combine with rice, minced meat and onions. Knead the ingredients and form stuffed cabbage, spread them on a glass form. On top, cover with tomato paste, combined with grated carrots and a piece of butter. Bake under foil for 45 min. The time can be increased or decreased depending on the size of the dish, which affects the speed of cooking meat.
Unusual dietary lazy "stuffed cabbage" in the oven with gravy
The most simple and lazy cabbage rolls deny giving any form to a dish: the ingredients are only chopped to the smallest possible size, combined, distributed in shape and stewed in an oven or microwave oven. As a result, a casserole on the subject of cabbage leaves comes out, the taste is absolutely identical to them. To add zest, you can additionally make a gravy, and the cabbage rolls themselves lower in calories.
- Minced chicken - 500 g
- White cabbage - 1/2 pcs.
- Sour cream nonfat - 40 ml
- Large tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Rice Flakes - 50 g
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Sour apple - 1 pc.
- Spices - to taste
- Put a small saucepan on the stove, bring the water to a boil in it, throw the onion cleaned and cut in half. Boil the broth for 10 minutes, salt and leave for 5 minutes, then remove from the hotplate.
- Salt and pepper minced chicken, add to it a half of the scalded onion, chopped. Carefully knead the stuffing, move aside.
- Chop cabbage, carrots and apple skip through the large side of the grater. To wash the tomatoes and lower them for a few seconds in boiling water, then throw in cold water and remove the skin from them. Put the loose pulp in a bowl, combine with cabbage, apple and carrot, add sour cream. Mix.
- Lay out the bottom of the baking dish with rice flakes, then distribute half of the vegetable mixture over it, cover with the stuffing firmly, and identify the remaining vegetables from above. Pour the broth in which the onions were boiled (1-1.5 cent.). Bake without foil for 50 min. The finished dish is divided with a wooden spatula into portions and served with gravy, formed from broth and sour cream and vegetable mass.
The fact that cabbage rolls are called lazy does not yet indicate a deterioration in their taste: recipes of lazy cabbage rolls in the oven are almost identical to recipes of ordinary cabbage rolls, and, in fact, only the appearance, form of supply and amount of time spent are modified. The above are not all variations - perhaps you will think of a way to reduce the cooking time for cabbage rolls even more?