Despite the fact that the Armenian, Kazakh, and the whole Eastern cuisine is very peculiar and not every person has to taste, almost everyone loves traditional thin bread. Did you need to make a quick and original snack? You will rescue roll from pita. Fillings to such flat cakes can be the most diverse.
Quick and easy: appetizer from pita with the eyes of chefs
It turns out that in order to cook a delicious, savory and extraordinary tasting appetizer, it is not necessary to finish the cooking academy and be the chef of a famous restaurant. You can make a roll of pita bread, which will not only be a great addition to any everyday or festive table, but also very nourishing and tasty.
As you know, pita bread is an Armenian loaf in the form of thin layers of dough. In order to choose the right stuffing for a pita roll, you need to take into account all the taste preferences of the household. Lavash itself has an unleavened taste; therefore, it harmoniously combines with fish, salty, spicy, cheese, vegetable, meat and even sweet fillings.
What is the secret of making pita bread rolls? You can find recipes from a photo on various sites or in cookbooks or derive the formula for the perfect filling on your own. In any case, before preparing such a simple, but at the same time nutritious and tasty snack, consider several aspects:
- so that the roll does not turn out dry, it must be smeared with mayonnaise, cheese, garlic or tomato sauce;
- You can mix regular table mayonnaise with a high concentration of fat with chopped garlic cloves or greens;
- Lavash is perfectly combined with almost any filling;
- you can use fish or meat fillets, pre-boiled or fried;
- The most popular type of filling for pita bread is considered to be a fillet of pink salmon, salmon or chicken;
- pickled or roasted mushrooms, browned vegetables can be added to the filling;
- Lavash itself has a low energy value, so you can use a vegetable or fruit filling to make a diet snack;
- savory notes and unusual flavor roll give grated hard or melted cheese;
- for the preparation of snacks in a hurry, you can use chilled crab sticks, cheese and boiled eggs;
- do not forget to leave the roll for 2-3 hours to soak.
Simple Pita Bread Roll: Gourmet Recipe
As you already understood, pita roll can be prepared with absolutely any filling. The most common option for the filling of pita bread are crab sticks. You can choose crab meat or canned squid fillet. You certainly will not spoil the taste of a roll with such a filling, but on the contrary, improve and bring some originality and piquancy.
- three sheets of pita;
- 250 g of hard or melted cheese;
- 3-4 garlic cloves;
- 0.3 kg of chilled crab sticks;
- fresh dill;
- 5 boiled chicken eggs;
- to taste mayonnaise sauce.
- Grate with small cells rub cheese and spread it in a separate bowl.
- Garlic cloves are cleaned and skipped under the press.
- Add garlic pulp to the cheese, season with mayonnaise and mix well.
- Chop boiled eggs using a mesh or grater and also lay out in a separate plate.
- Add garlic pulp, chopped dill and mayonnaise to the eggs, knead the filling until a mass of uniform consistency is formed.
- Crab sticks or meat rubbed on a grater, put in a separate bowl and mix with mayonnaise.
- Spread one sheet of pita bread on a flat surface and spread the cheese filling in the first layer.
- Put another lavash sheet on top and grease it with egg filling.
- Next, lay out the third lavash sheet and cover it with crab filling.
- Slightly pressing down the pita sheets, gently wrap the roll.
- We pack the roll in food film or foil. In this form, leave it in the refrigerator for about 2.5 hours.
- Cut the roll and serve to the table, decorated with sprigs of fresh herbs.
Lavash roll - a great quick snack
Agree, it is not at all difficult to make rolls of Armenian lavash. Moreover, many fillings do not even need to prepare. Experienced housewives quickly prefer to make rolls, using canned fish for the filling. It is best to choose saury, sardine or pink salmon fish fillets. In this recipe for the impregnation of sheets of pita we do not use mayonnaise sauce, so the cheese must be soft so that it can be distributed over the entire surface of the base for the roll.
- processed cream cheese - 0.2 kg;
- 3 boiled chicken eggs;
- 2 pita leaves;
- saury - 1 can of canned food.
- Fish canned open and drain them with all the liquid.
- We lay out the saury fillet in a bowl and carefully mash it with a fork, bringing the puree to consistency.
- Chopped boiled eggs using a mesh or grater.
- Pita sheet spread on a flat surface and richly grease with softened cheese.
- Next, lay out the saury fillet.
- The next layer will be a pita sheet. We also richly coat it with softened cheese, and sprinkle it with egg mass on top.
- Wrap sheets of pita in roll and put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Cut into portions and serve to the table.
Lavash fasting roll - an alternative to high-calorie snack
Such a roll can be made not only in the period of church posts. This appetizer will be an excellent alternative to high-calorie rolls, if you are on a diet or just want to make a light dinner. You can add any vegetables to your liking, but fresh tomatoes and bell peppers are still considered the basis.
- 1 pita leaf;
- 2-3 pieces fresh cucumbers;
- 2-3 pieces fresh tomatoes;
- 1 PC. sweet bell peppers;
- fresh herbs - to taste.
- Greens and vegetables thoroughly washed and dried.
- Spread a lavash sheet on a flat surface and spread finely chopped greens on it evenly.
- Tomatoes, sweet peppers and cucumbers are cut into thin cubes, straws or cubes.
- Chopped vegetables are evenly distributed over the entire surface of the roll.
- For taste, vegetables can be slightly seasoned with salt and spicy or hot spices.
- We form a roll of lavash and cut it into pieces.
- This roll does not need to insist, which is why this recipe has gained wide popularity among the rapid methods of cooking snacks.
Baking pita bread: an exquisite delicacy in a matter of minutes
If you do not have a sufficient set of culinary skills or you simply do not have enough time to make pastries, take the usual Armenian lavash and make a delicious roll with apple filling. Believe me, your household will be delighted.
- 2 pita leaves;
- 0.5-0.6 kg of apples;
- 150 g of creamy softened butter;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 1 tbsp. l sugars and bread crumbs;
- vanillin - 1 sachet;
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder.
- So, the basis for baking is already ready with us, so we proceed immediately to the filling.
- We clean the apples from the skin, remove the bones and finely chop into equivalent cubes.
- Put 75 g of butter on a red-hot frying pan and melt it.
- Then add chopped apples and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- To the softened apples add cinnamon powder, sugar and vanilla sand, breadcrumbs.
- Stew stuffing for 3-5 minutes.
- Pita sheet spread on a flat surface and soak with softened butter, then lay out the filling and form a roll.
- On top of the roll grease with whipped yolk, to taste sprinkle with cinnamon powder, sugar and vanilla sand.
- Putting blanks from rolls on a baking sheet, previously covered with baking paper.
- We bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at a temperature of 190 °.
Lavash is not only a traditional dish of Armenian cuisine. Recently, our housewives use this delicious bread to make savory, original snacks and homemade cakes. Do not be afraid to experiment, because almost any filling without exception is combined with the bland taste of pita. Enjoy your meal!