Italian cuisine has long and thoroughly taken its place in the hearts of people around the world: pizza is a dish that does not have special requirements for its recipe; pasta - nourishing, tasty and fast; Lasagna - nutritionally and exquisitely. The simplicity of these dishes allows us to prepare them daily, and the loyalty of the Italians to the modifications of their recipes always create something new. The same lasagna in the oven is hardly boring if you constantly change its filling, leaving only dough as a constant.
Lasagna dough: how to make your own hands?
Proper Italian lasagna always begins with its thin, but very flexible sheets. Of course, they can be purchased in the store, but, firstly, it is quite expensive - good sheets cost a lot, and secondly, it is not always such a rarity that can be found - they are presented only in large hypermarkets. Yes, and preparing the dough for lasagna with your own hands is absolutely not difficult and not long: your direct participation takes only 10 minutes, and the ingredients, like in other types of Italian dough, are only 5 - flour, oil, salt, water and eggs.
- Wheat flour - 300 g
- Olive oil - 1.5 tbsp. l
- Eggs (yolks) 1 p. - 3 pcs.
- Cold water - 50 ml
- Salt - Pinch
- Flour is sifted by a slide, at the top there is a shallow funnel, into which olive oil is poured and salt is poured. Eggs are broken over the separator, proteins can be disposed of immediately, yolks should be put there, in the flour. All ingredients are mixed by hand.
- Water is added last, in tablespoons, and its amount may vary at your discretion. You need to get a smooth, plastic dough that does not stick to your hands and will be easy to roll. Italian chefs recommend mixing it for exactly 10 minutes. Properly taken in the proportions of the ingredients will not allow him to become tough during this time. If the dough turned out coarse, you can add some more water.
- Ready soft lump is placed in a plastic bag or film, preventing any access of air to it, and clean in a place devoid of drafts. You should not send the dough into the refrigerator, since it will harden and it will be difficult to roll out. It is better to put it in a cold oven or microwave, do not forget to close the door. But the main thing - knead the dough immediately before cooking the lasagna, and not for the future: you can not freeze it - because of these actions it will lose its taste and softness. Therefore, after 30 minutes. after putting the dough in the film, it should be broken into 6-8 parts (depending on the size of the future lasagne), and continue working with it.
Cheese lasagna in the oven: recipe with photos
Traditional Italian lasagna does not have a rich filling: the whole charm of the dish is combined with unleavened thin dough, several types of cheese, bechamel sauce and meat broth. There is usually no meat or vegetables in it, although some cooks use a small amount of fried minced meat to add a dish of satiety. And yet, the key to delicious, classic lasagna is the right temperature and sauce. It and should be prepared before they begin to roll and cut the sheets.
- Selected Milk - 450 ml
- Wheat or whole grain flour - 70 g
- Butter or margarine - 50 g
- Salt is a pinch;
- Seasoning - 1 tsp.
- Butter is melted in a water bath, sifted flour is gradually poured into it. Stir it until complete dissolution, waiting for the moment when the mass becomes smooth. Then the bowl is removed from the stove, and its contents are slightly cooled.
- In other containers on the plate milk is heated. After boiling it is combined with an oily-flour mixture, and salt and seasonings are added there. The sauce should be boiled over low heat under the lid, so that it thickens slightly, which takes 8-10 minutes.
- Later, when the bechamel sauce for lasagna is brought to readiness, it is removed from the stove, and all attention is paid to the main part of the dish - the sheets and the filling. Classic lasagna needs 3-4 types of cheese, tomato paste, which is easy to make yourself, adjusting its taste, pouring egg, broth and seasoning. For satiety - minced meat in a small amount.
- Lasagne sheets - 8 pcs.
- Stuffing - 300 g
- 1 chicken eggs
- Ricotta cheese - 200 g
- Cheese "Parmesan" - 160 g
- Gorgonzolla cheese - 80 g
- Tomato paste - 100 ml
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Broth meat- 210 ml
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
- The dough for lasagna, divided into 8 parts, is rolled out into thin (1-2 mm) rectangles, equal in size to the shape in which you will stack them. They need to be laid out on a parchment and covered with a wet towel, while the rest of the ingredients are prepared so that they will not be weathered.
- All 3 types of cheese are passed through a grater, combined with crushed garlic cloves, mixed and set aside for 10-15 minutes. to the side. If you want, in addition to these types of cheese, you can use whatever you like.
- Shredded onion fried in a hot skillet, and after 1-2 minutes. ground meat is put there. The fire is reduced to weak, water is poured into the pan so that it covers half the meat, and it is covered with a lid. 30-40 minutes are spent on bringing the stuffing to half-ready. When the water is evaporated, add tomato paste to the pan, and mince for 8-10 minutes.
- The sheet for lasagna is located at the bottom of the form in which it will be baked. ½ of a beaten egg is poured over it, a bit of cheese mixture is scattered, and the layer is covered with a new leaf. On it you need to distribute the sauce bechamel and again a small amount of grated cheese. Between the 3 and 4 layers, as well as between 5 and 6, minced meat is put in, and the sheets are necessarily smeared with the sauce. In the remaining intervals up to the 8th layer, inclusive have cheese and bechamel sauce. The lasagna is poured with the remains of an egg, poured with cheese, and meat broth must be poured into the mold, and then tightened with foil.
- Lasagne is baked in the oven at a temperature of 185 degrees, if convection works for you, and 200 degrees without it. The foil lasts 20 minutes, after which it must be removed, and continue roasting the lasagna for another 15 minutes. After that, the "grill" mode is turned on, or if it is absent, you just need to leave only the upper heater on the oven working, and wait for a golden crust to appear on the surface of the lasagna.
Lasagna with mushrooms and chicken: a recipe
Mushroom lasagna with meat is definitely no longer due to its appearance in Italy, where such filling is a rarity. Nevertheless, a number of countries fell in love with it no less than the original recipe, and its degree of satiety was higher than, for example, in cheese or egg lasagna. Fans of spicy taste can take smoked chicken fillet, and mushrooms are chosen entirely at your discretion.
- Lasagne sheets - 6 pcs.
- Bechamel Sauce - 500 ml
- Fresh mushrooms - 250 g
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Chicken fillet - 400 g
- Tomatoes - 3-4 pieces
- Cheese "Parmesan" - 250 g
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Seasonings and spices - to taste
- The recipe of dough and sauce remains traditional, so it does not need to be repeated again. The main point of chicken lasagna is to boil cleaned and washed meat in unsalted water until fully cooked (40-50 min. At medium capacity), disassemble it along the fibers and cut into bars 2-3 cm long.
- Chopped onion and chopped mushrooms are fried in butter under a closed lid on medium heat for 15-20 minutes, then tomatoes and spices passed through a grater are added to them. Another 10-15 minutes. the mixture should be sweetened to make it soft.
- All ingredients are laid out in a baking dish in the following order: boiled meat is spread over a lasagna leaf and poured with sauce, a vegetable mixture is placed on top of it, then everything is covered with a new leaf and repeated. When the sheets are over, the last one should be poured with a beaten egg and poured over the grated cheese. For a more attractive look, you can put a few slices of mushrooms or tomatoes on the cheese.
- Bake lasagna with mushrooms and chicken should also be under the foil at a temperature of 175 degrees for 30 minutes, then remove the foil, put the dish a level higher, and add the temperature in the oven. Remove from the oven when the surface turns red. Serve lasagna required after cutting into portions, adding on the plate halves of cherry tomatoes, basil leaves or other greens.
Gentle, fragrant lasagna is a fairly ingenious dish, as you could see from the recipes presented above, but always different, due to the possibility of containing any products from the refrigerator in it. Treat yourself to home-made gourmet Italian cuisine, and perhaps its dishes will be frequent guests at your table.