Mutton is undeservedly deprived of attention when it comes to cooking hot meat dishes on a holiday or a weekday. Meanwhile, this meat is no less light than chicken, lean, uncomplicated in cooking. Especially tasty are the mutton ribs in the oven, served with sauce and fresh vegetables.
Lamb ribs in the oven: a recipe with photos
The traditional recipe for lamb ribs in the oven allows you to cook a practically universal meat dish, to which you will choose a side dish to your taste. This option will be especially successful for guests - everyone will have the opportunity to add mutton to their favorite products, forming an individual dish. In addition, this recipe takes a bit of time: Your direct participation will take 10-15 minutes, the oven and the refrigerator will do the rest.
- Lamb chops - 1.2 kg
- Mayonnaise or sour cream non-fat - 130 ml
- Tomato paste - 70 ml
- Onion - 2 pcs.
- 3-4 cloves of garlic cloves
- A mixture of peppers - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Rinse the meat, soak it in cold water for 1-1.5 hours, rinse again and move to a deep bowl. There, pour mayonnaise and tomato paste, pour ground pepper and salt, chopped cloves of garlic, onion half rings. Carefully mix all the ingredients, rub the meat with the mixture, then cover the bowl with a lid and put in the refrigerator.
- After 2-2.5 hours of pickled ribs, it is necessary to heat the oven (up to 175-180 degrees with convection), cover the form with foil or ceramic cover and send to an average level. After 70 minutes the lid is removed, and at the same temperature, the meat browns for another 20 minutes. In ovens without additional convection, it may be necessary to increase the cooking time under the lid to 90 minutes.
Mutton ribs cooked in the oven according to this recipe preserve the classic taste of meat with a light onion-tomato note. Due to mayonnaise, they are tender, and garlic gives spiciness. It is best to serve lamb chops with chopped dill or pomegranate seeds to create a contrast between its sweetness and the savor of garlic.
3 types of marinade for lamb
The taste of baked lamb chops will be most affected by the marinade selected for them. Below are the 3 most common and memorable options - fragrant and tart on the basis of red wine, more fresh, summer, on sour cream with greens, as well as sweet, exotic, with the addition of fresh kiwi.
- Dry red wine - 75 ml
- Ground ginger - 1 tsp.
- Italian herbs - 1 tsp.
- All ingredients are combined in a deep bowl, the wine should be preheated.
- In this marinade, lamb ribs are soaked for 5-6 hours, and if necessary, can be baked in it - this will increase the concentration of taste.
The following variant is ideal for summer, besides - it is multifunctional: this marinade can be used as a pouring in meat.
- Paprika- 1 tsp
- Chives - 3 feathers
- Cilantro-1 bundle
- Parsley - 1 bunch
- Sour cream - 200 ml.
- Green onion feathers should be torn or chopped with a knife, combined with sour cream and ground spices, let marinade brew for 15-20 minutes.
- In the resulting mixture, the meat is aged for 30-40 minutes, after which it is recommended that she pour lamb chops before sending them to the oven.
Sweet tooths definitely like the marinade based on fresh kiwi fruit, which are perfectly combined with any side dish.
- Kiwi soft - 4-5 pcs.
- Ground red pepper - 1 tsp.
- Nut Oil - 45 ml
- Cardamom - ½ tsp
- In a blender, kiwi cut into large pieces are whipped, pepper and cardamom are mixed in with them, and peanut butter is poured.
- If it is not available, it can be replaced with olive oil, mixed in half with lemon juice.
- In this fruit-pepper marinade, lamb ribs insist 2-2.5 hours.
Meat, Baked Potatoes
The most satisfying is the recipe for mutton ribs with potatoes - the traditional version, which is familiar to every hostess. Depending on the pickle, the meat may have a milder or spicy taste, and the potato itself can “sound” differently if you play with herbs for it.
- Lamb ribs - 1 kg
- Potatoes - 4-5 pcs.
- Basil - to taste
- Liquid honey - 2 tbsp.
- Mustard - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp.
- In olive oil, you should soak basil and any other herbs if you want to get a multi-faceted taste of potatoes. While the oil is saturated with spices, attention is paid to meat.
- Lamb ribs are washed 2-3 times under running water, rubbed with salt, coated with a mixture of honey and mustard, laid out on a baking tray that needs to be sent to a hot (190 degrees) oven for 30 minutes. During this time, the honey-mountain crust will grab, and the meat itself will have time to reach half-ready.
- Potatoes are peeled and cut in halves, if it is too large, it can be chopped into quarters. Each piece is dipped in the oil soaked with herbs, and then laid out on a baking sheet with primary ribs heated with hot air. Try to place the potatoes between the meat, so as not to prevent the formation of crusts.
Bake lamb chops with potatoes at a temperature of 170 degrees is necessary for 40 minutes, after which you can increase the temperature to 200 degrees, and place the baking tray a little higher - this will make the meat redden. Although due to honey-mustard glaze, it will a priori be golden brown. Serve the dish prepared according to this recipe, it is recommended with soaked rennet.
Lamb chops with orange
Not always meat - it is sharpness and piquancy. Gourmets recommend to try it with sweet additions: for example, with citrus. Baked lamb chops with orange like children, and men are able to appreciate this tandem. Wild rice is ideal as a side dish.
- Lamb chops - 0.7 kg
- Oranges for juice - 3 pcs.
- Onion - 3 pcs.
- Olive oil - 110 ml.
- Nutmeg - ½ tsp.
- Lingonberry- 30
- Zira - to taste
- Salt - Pinch
- Cranberries are crushed in a mortar, olive oil, nutmeg and cumin are added to them. Washed lamb chops rubbed with salt and laid out in a baking dish, then poured the mixture.
- Oranges are cut in thick layers and distributed along lamb ribs to cover the meat completely. Any flat object on them needs to be pressed gently to citrus juice, and remove the bowl with meat in the cold for 1-1.5 hours
- Onions are shredded with rings, which must be fried in hot oil in a pan to a translucent state. When the indicated 1.5 hours have passed, the cauldron with meat is taken out from the refrigerator, onion rings are laid out on oranges, and the bowl covered with foil is placed in a cold (!) Oven.
From the moment when the oven is heated to 170 degrees, 45 minutes are counted, then the foil is removed, and the meat is baked for another 30 minutes. Serve lamb chops with orange recommended hot, the finished dish can be decorated with sesame seeds.
As you can see, lamb ribs can be cooked not only on the fire or grill, but also at home, in the oven. Spiced with appetizing sauces, served with fresh vegetables and greens, the meat will make you feel at home cooking, like a picnic.