Dishes of the Central Asian nations are gaining popularity outside of their homeland: they are loved for their satiety, interesting, though not the most original, combinations, as well as for their incredible taste and aroma. In particular, the Lagman enjoys universal love - an excellent choice of hot lunch for the whole family, which any hostess can cook. Especially easy to do this in the presence of a multicooker.
The classic recipe of the lagman in a slow cooker
In the classic Lagman recipe, radish is surely present, as is the central root vegetable. Small black bitter is undesirable here: light Uzbek or Chinese is preferable, since it has a milder taste. The next necessary component is eggplant, the ratio of which to radish is 1: 2, and with a special arrangement to it, you can increase the rate to 1: 3. You should also add to the lagman paprika, which does not necessarily take fresh: it is allowed pickled or salted his version. In addition, the original recipe mentions a small amount of carrots, beans, onions. Optionally, add potatoes, tomatoes and cucumbers.
Lagman noodles are either purchased at the store, or made by hand, because you can’t replace it with ordinary spaghetti or egg noodles. Boil these long bundles required in salted water, and the capacity in which the Chumza will boil is chosen as volumetric as possible: 5 liters or more. Thin sticks of dry (or soft harnesses of just stretched out) noodles are placed one by one into the boiling liquid, after which 5 minutes are required waiting for cooking, and the product leaks onto a colander. Water should not be drained, because it comes as an addition to the finished dish.
Meat, unlike noodles, is prepared not in a pan, but a slow cooker. As well as the last steps in connecting all the components will also be carried out in it. Lamb on the bone in a volume of 1 kg is soaked in cold water for 1.5-2 hours, then washed, cut into small pieces and laid in a slow cooker, where vegetable oil was first poured (2 tbsp). On the "frying" / "baking" mode, the product is brought to semi-ready within 30-40 minutes. After that, sliced eggplant is attached to it, and cooking continues for another 15 minutes. Onions (2 pieces) and Bulgarian pepper are cut into rings, carrots can be grated, or shredded in thin circles. These ingredients are added to the mutton, sprinkled with any spices, overlapped with skinless tomatoes (150 g). Next you need to put a radish (100 g), cut into cubes.
All products are filled with water, its quantity is chosen according to its own preferences: if you reach the inner mark on the walls of the multicooker, you get lagman soup, if less - the main course with a minimum of gravy. It remains only to set the mode "quenching" and the timer for 1.5 hours, and in the final to connect the finished lagman with the boiled noodles beforehand.
How to cook lagman in a slow cooker: preparing chumzy
The main ingredients deserve the closest attention: meat and noodles. Preparation of the latter requires a separate mention, since the classic Lagman does not use simple wheat or rice noodles, which are easy to get in the store, but elongated chuzma. Its creation is divided into 4 stages, where difficulties arise only on the penultimate.
- Water - 0.5 l
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Flour - 1.2-1.4 kg of flour.
- Vegetable oil - 200 ml
- Eggs are mixed with salt, mixed with warm boiled water, poured into a hill of sifted flour, after which the mixture is gently kneaded with a spoon. As soon as the latter starts to get stuck in a viscous substance, the batch will continue with the hands.
- This process takes about 15 minutes, ending on a cutting board with constant flour. The finished ball should be tight, the dough will not stick to hands or other surfaces.
- Here the initial stage ends: the billet for chuzmy wraps with cling film and remains in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours. It is not worth laying the dough in the refrigerator, as this will negatively affect its elasticity, and subsequently it will be impossible to pull the noodles.
- After 1.5 hours, a solution is prepared by mixing soda and salt in warm water, the ball is removed from the film and begins to imbibe the resulting liquid.
- To do this, while holding the dough on a cutting board, they gradually pour teaspoons of soda-and-salt water on it, wipe it, crush it, and twist it with a rope. You can moisten the palms in the solution and pat the dough with them: the result will remain the same.
- Your task is to bring the dough to an elastic state, and as soon as this happens, its processing with the solution can be stopped. Now the dough is rolled into a thick cake, cut into transverse wide strips, and the process of pulling noodles begins.
- In a round tray with a large diameter, the bottom is smeared with vegetable oil, they also need to process the hands so that the dough does not stick to them. The strips obtained during cutting are stretched and rounded to turn into sausages, and then they are laid out from the center of the tray with a “snail”.
- When all the dough takes its place, it is covered with a deep bowl and left for 30-40 minutes warm.
- Then there is a transition to the most labor-intensive part: each sausage is passed through the fingers, which make twisting movements. To go on becoming more and more thin the harness should be in both directions: first twisting it to the right, then - to the left. A reference point for the required thickness of the tow can be a toothpick.
- After that, the noodles are collected in rings, gently bounces on a wooden surface (board or tabletop), and laid out on it. It will only boil and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
Dungan Lagman in a Multicooker Redmond: Features of Cooking
It has not yet been determined to which category of dishes this food belongs. Someone argues that because of the presence of broth, Lagman is a soup, and someone believes that he lacks liquid for such a title. Be that as it may, the lagman doesn’t take away the appetizing and satiety of the lagman, and the incessant disputes do not prevent the dish from appearing on the dinner table more often than usual. Each cook makes his own adjustments to the original recipe, so the lagman is able to become a second dish, almost without gravy, and liquid hot food. The classical scheme of cooking lagman involves the creation of strong meat broth, to which are added vegetables and noodles. The latter makes up to 60% of the solid base of the dish, about 25-30% is meat, and only the remaining 10% is given to vegetables.
Laghmanpo-Dunganski is more like a main course, as there is little liquid left in it and it goes into gravy category. Noodles can be the same as above, and you can buy special noodles for Lagman-Dungan. Differences of taste will be noticed only by gourmets, and this will not affect the general perception of the dish.
- Beef - 1 kg
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Parsley root
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs.
- Turnip - 2 pcs.
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Celery root
- Bean pods - 10 pcs.
- Parsley - 1 bunch
- Shallots - 1 pc.
- Spices - to taste
- In a multivarku Redmond poured vegetable oil, soaked and dried beef, cut into pieces, put into a container. The slow cooker switches to Baking mode.
- 20 minutes after the start of roasting meat, carrots are poured into straws, finely chopped onions and parsley root. When all moisture leaves the meat, it is necessary to start preparing the remaining components of the Lagman-Dungan.
- Bulgarian pepper is cut into strips or cubes, turnip slices, tomato is blanched. For meat and roasted vegetables 1.7 liters of water are added to the slow cooker, prepared ingredients are laid, as well as celery root and bean pods.
- On the Multicooker Redmond, you must set the mode of quenching, the timer for 1 hour. When the specified time has elapsed, parsley and shallot will be added to the dish.
- From the spices, black peppercorns, salt and sugar, ground turmeric, bay leaf and vinegar to taste should be present in the lagmanepo-dunganski.
- Before serving, the lagman boils noodles in boiling water and combines with vegetable base and meat.
If you have a slow cooker, cooking Lagmanan will be difficult: smart appliances will do everything on their own in 2-2.5 hours, and the festive dish will easily become everyday. You can choose absolutely any recipe, vary the components: the basic steps of cooking the lagman will remain unchanged. Enjoy your meal!