Lagman is an Uzbek national dish. This Lagman is made from special noodles, which are made by hand, with various vegetables and lamb meat. While cooking lagman at home, you can use any meat. The flesh should be chopped into small pieces. This dish has a rich smell, and it is very satisfying.
Homemade Lagman Recipe
- Lamb - 700 g
- Potatoes - 6 pcs. medium size
- Carrots - 4 pcs.
- Bulgarian sweet pepper - 4 pcs.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Black radish - 1 pc.
- Ghee or simple fat to taste
- Garlic - to taste
- Tomato paste - 3 tbsp.
- Spices, salt, herbs - to taste
- Ready-made noodles for lagman - 500 g
- At the very beginning the meat sauce is prepared. Meat is separated from the bone. On the bone boil the broth.
- The meat is cut into small pieces and fried in a cauldron over low heat until golden brown.
- We chop straws all vegetables cooked in advance: carrots, peppers, radish and onion in half rings.
- When roasting meat, they put a tomato in it and mix everything up and fry for 10 minutes. Separately, cut the peeled potatoes into small cubes, then lay out the pepper, garlic and spices.
- All the products prepared in this way are put together, pour over the meat broth and continue to simmer over low heat until fully cooked.
- The sauce for this dish should look like goulash in thickness, but if you are not satisfied with the density, just add broth or boiled water.
- After cooking the sauce, boil the noodles for the lagman separately.
- Put the prepared noodles into the bowl first, and then pour it with the resulting meat sauce. Before serving, Lagman is sprinkled with greens.
How to cook delicious lagman with homemade noodles?
The cooking time for this Lagman recipe is 34 minutes.
- Pulp of beef, or mutton - 500 g
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs.
- Meat broth - 500 ml
- Tomatoes or tomato paste - 2 pcs.
- Green radish - 1 pc.
- Cabbage - 200 g
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 1 pc.
- Cilantro and vegetable oil
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Water - 300 ml
- Flour - 1 kg
- Table vinegar - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt to taste
- First start cooking noodles. To do this, beat the eggs with vinegar and warm water into a light foam. Pour the flour into the container and, having made a depression in the middle, pour the mixture out of the water with the eggs.
- Knead the dough to the middle of the edges. Prepare for the fact that the kneading process will be delayed, since the better the dough is kneaded, the easier it will stretch.
- Pastry dough and roll into a ball. Then wrap in food film, put in a cold place for 30 minutes.
- After that, remove the dough, brush your palms with sunflower oil and start pulling noodles. Rotate a piece of dough, forming a harness. It should pull under its own weight, and your task - just to make it thinner. Try to keep the harness from breaking. In the process of drawing, spread your hands with sunflower oil so that the dough is also oiled.
- When the harness stretches to the maximum possible length, fold it in half and again rotate in this form. Oil will not let him stick together. Again, start pulling the harnesses, folding them. In your hands you should be a bunch of these thin strands, it will be noodles for lagman. Until you learn to pull out the harnesses with ease, use small pieces of dough.
- After cooking, the noodles need to boil. To do this, pour water into a large pot, boil it and lightly salt it. Gently place the noodles so that it does not mix and tangle. After 5 minutes, drain the noodles into a colander, allowing the water to drain. After that, lubricate the noodles with oil and set aside for now.
- Peel and chop the onion, crush the garlic with a knife. Take a pot with a thick bottom or a cast iron pot and heat the oil in it. Put the onion there, fry it until golden brown and add the same garlic.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and place in a saucepan. Put the meat in parts so that it has time to fry until golden brown.
- Carrot, radish and potatoes cut into cubes. Cabbage and pepper chop straws. Stir the vegetables and place in a saucepan. Add spices and salt.
- Slice the tomatoes and, as soon as the potatoes are soft, put them in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Add broth to the pan and leave to stew for half an hour. When the meat is soft, put bay leaf in the sauce, turn off the heat, cover the pan with the lid and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Before you serve the finished lagman to the table, put the noodles in plates and fill it with ready sauce. Finely chop the cilantro and sprinkle the dish on top of it.
See also:How to cook lagman in a slow cooker?
Lagman literally means stretched dough, which is why the most important thing in it is home-made noodles. This moment is the most difficult in the preparation of the lagman at home. But the taste of this unusual Central Asian cuisine is worth it.
It is best to add radish to such a dish, otherwise without it the lagman at home will resemble an ordinary pasta soup. No one will remain indifferent to such a dish. Enjoy your meal!
Enjoy your meal!