In a literal translation from the Dutch, the word "krill" is nothing but "trifle." Thus, krill is the generic name for small crustaceans. On the shelves you can find krill in cans. They are sold in their own juice and in oil.
By taste, krill resembles shrimp, so salads containing krill meat can be an alternative to traditional salads with crab sticks or crab meat. Make such a salad is very easy. Its preparation will not take much time, and the taste will certainly leave a pleasant impression.
Krill meat salad with rice
- Krill Meat (ice-cream) - 250 g
- Boiled rice - 1 tbsp.
- Eggs (boiled) - 2 pcs
- Fresh cucumber - 1 pc
- Fresh Tomato - 1 pc
- Canned peas (corn) - ½ tbsp.
- Onions (green) - optional
- Remove from the fridge ice-cream krill meat and defrost it. Mash prepared meat using a fork.
- Tomato and cucumber wash and dry thoroughly with a paper towel. Cut vegetables into small cubes. Place krill meat and vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the eggs. Put them in a salad bowl. There, add a glass of boiled rice, finely chopped green onions, as well as canned green peas or corn.
- Stir all ingredients in a salad bowl and season with mayonnaise. Choose the amount of mayonnaise to your taste. Decorate the dish and serve.
Vis-A-vis salad with krill meat
- Canned sea kale - 200 g
- Small tomato - 1 pc
- Krill Meat - 1 b.
- Fresh cucumber - 1 pc
- Leaf lettuce - 1 bunch
- Pomegranate seeds - 3 tbsp.
- Parsley -1 bunch
- Dill - 1 bunch
- White balsamic vinegar - 2 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil (corn oil) - 4 tbsp.
- Sauce soy (can be salt) - 2 tbsp.
- Red onions - for decoration
- Drain the seaweed and krill from the liquid.
- Tomato wash and dry with a paper towel. Prepared vegetable cut into small cubes. Excess liquid, which will give a tomato, must be drained.
- Thoroughly wash and towel dry cucumber. Cut it into small cubes.
- Wash and dry the greens. Finely chop the dill and parsley, and tear the salad into small pieces.
- Take the salad bowl and place the cucumber, tomato, sea kale, greens and leaf lettuce. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Prepare salad dressing Vis-a-vis. To do this, mix white balsamic vinegar, oil and soy sauce. Pour the mixture over the salad and mix thoroughly.
- Put the prepared salad on a large flat plate on the lettuce leaves, around the salad you can arrange the red onion sliced in half rings. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds on top.
Krill meat salad Nemo
- Sea kale - 200 g
- Canned krill meat - 1 b.
- Tuna in own juice - 1 b.
- Eggs - 5 pcs
- Crab sticks - 6 pcs
- Boiled carrots - 2-3 pieces
- Mayonnaise - 2-3 tbsp.
- Parsley - 1 bunch
- Milk - 3 tbsp.
- Carrots should be thoroughly washed and boiled. Also put 4 eggs on the fire. One egg must be left raw. It will be used for batter.
- Extract yolk from cooked eggs. Proteins set aside for now. Finely chop the egg yolks.
- Crab sticks free from packaging and finely chopped. Carrots and protein must be grated and spread on different plates. Leave a small piece of carrot (it will make fins).
- Combine sea cabbage, tuna, krill meat, yolks, and crab sticks in a salad bowl. Season it all with mayonnaise. Put the resulting salad mixture on a dish in the form of fish.
- Spread the fish with carrots grated on a fine grater. It is convenient to do this with a teaspoon. In this case, do not forget to leave room for white stripes that need to be laid out using grated proteins. Border the white stripes outline with seaweed. Make fish eyes out of olives rings. Cut fins out of carrots. Decorate your mouth with a knife and sea kale.
- Make corals. To do this, cook a batter. Beat 1 egg with 3 tbsp. l Milk and 2 tbsp. flour. Heat the oil in a small iron bowl. Disassemble the parsley into small bunches. Dip each bunch of parsley into a batter and then send it to the fryer. Parsley gently into the boiling oil. Put the finished branches on a napkin to remove excess fat. Place the corals around the fish.
Using the meat of krill, you will be able to cook salads of excellent taste. You can choose more satisfying or easier ones. Whatever you choose, your guests and family will surely appreciate the stunning taste of each of these wonderful dishes. Enjoy your meal!