Spicy taste and unique flavor of Korean salads are known to every gourmet. The basis of these dishes is fresh, boiled or dried vegetables, including eggplants. It is these ingredients that make Korean salads really healthy. Let's see what these dishes are good for and how to cook them at home.
The main advantages of Korean dishes and the secret of their savory taste
According to experts, the regular use of salads from fresh vegetables allows you to get rid of problems with excess weight, disruption of the digestive tract, high acidity and blood pressure. And the addition of natural spices allows you to achieve an even greater therapeutic effect.
In particular, using Korean eggplant food regularly, you will achieve full liver function recovery, normalize metabolism, get rid of anemia and excess cholesterol.
How to ensure that these home-made salads have a taste and aroma that distinguishes the original variations of these dishes created by the inhabitants of Korea itself? For this purpose, it is enough to remember a simple secret: in each dish you should add red pepper, fried in butter, and curry. Consider his phased cooking.
- Heat in a pan 3 tbsp. l refined vegetable oil.
- Pour into a dish 1 tsp. curry powder.
- Gently mix the pepper and oil.
- Remove the pan from the fire exactly after a minute, quickly cooling its contents.
This technique allows you to get rid of the excessive stinginess of red pepper. At the same time, its savory taste and aroma is fully preserved.
Another secret to cooking Korean dishes is to use a variety of ingredients that are cut as thin as possible.
Additional spicy additives used in combination with curry or a mixture of peppers: ground coriander, soy sauce, crushed garlic, vinegar - balsamic or table. By combining them, you can vary the Korean eggplants, the recipes of which are given in this article.
Useful properties of eggplants
The uniqueness of a vegetable is that with regular use it can clear your body of harmful cholesterol. This useful property of eggplants is worth considering for people suffering from failures in the cardiovascular system.
Fresh vegetables contain an optimal combination of minerals, ascorbic acid, vitamins A, B, C, E, as well as PP and R. The caloric content of eggplants is 24 kcal per 100 grams of product.
To preserve all the beneficial properties of eggplants and eliminate the toxic solanine they contain, heat treatment is necessary. This vegetable should not be consumed raw. Try to cook the eggplants in Korean, the recipes of which are listed below, and you will be able to preserve all the beneficial properties of the vegetable, getting rid of harmful solanine.
How to choose eggplant for salad?
Fresh vegetables have a rich purple color, smooth, shiny surface and not rotted pedicle. They must be elastic, and when probing you will not be able to detect soft rot on the surface of such eggplants.
Overripe vegetables are harder. Their color ranges from light purple to grayish white.
However, before passing by such eggplants, specify their variety. Breeders managed to bring round, saber, green, pink and white, striped, white and other types of vegetables. All these varieties differ in unusual appearance, weight - from 30 grams to 2 kg and excellent taste.
We prepare eggplants
When preparing Korean eggplants for winter or dinner for your family, follow a few simple rules to save vegetables from unnecessary bitterness:
- peel them off;
- cut into small plates, strips or slices. Salt the eggplants and leave for half an hour. During this time, the vegetables will empty the juice, along with which all the substances that give bitterness will come out. Wash the pieces, squeeze them out of excess moisture - and use to prepare your favorite dishes.
Korean Eggplant Recipes
Each hostess probably has his favorite version of the dish from this healthy and tasty vegetable. However, few people know that Korean eggplants can be useful if unexpected guests knock on the door, and there is simply nothing to treat them to. In this case, the following recipe will help you out.
Fast cooking method
Unlike other spicy salads, this dish does not need to infuse for a long time in the refrigerator. Spending literally 10-15 minutes to prepare products, you can send them to the fridge and go entertain your guests or set the table. In the meantime, eggplants will be soaked with sauce and reveal all the facets of their taste.
- medium size eggplants - 7 pcs;
- hot and Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs;
- Pepper mix or ready seasoning for salads in Korean style - 0.5 tsp;
- salt - 1 tsp. (can be replaced with soy sauce);
- Table vinegar 6% - 100 gr.
- Peel the vegetables, cut them in 2 lengths and dip them in boiling water. After 5 minutes, remove them from the pan, cool - you can under running water, and slightly squeeze. Cut the eggplants into strips.
- Peel off the seeds and tails, and cut them into thin strips. Combine all the ingredients prepared for the salad, mix them and send in the refrigerator.
- Literally in 15-20 minutes, Korean-style fast-eggplant can be served on the table.
Cold Fragrant Korean Eggplant Appetizer
The combination of vegetables, spices and greens provides this salad with a special sound that is guaranteed not to leave anyone indifferent to any member of your family.
- 2 kg of fresh eggplants;
- 3 bell peppers and onions;
- 1 bunch of parsley and celery;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 150 grams of oil and vinegar 9%;
- 7 tbsp. l salts;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 3 liters of water.
- Boil the water in a deep pan. Wash and cut each eggplant into 4 layers. Boil the resulting plates for literally 10 minutes. After that, cool the vegetables and cut them into strips.
- Finely chop the peeled onions, garlic and washed greens. Bulgarian pepper cut into thin strips. Mix vegetables and herbs with vegetable / olive oil, vinegar, spices, salt and sugar. Fill the eggplants with the filling.
- Send the resulting salad in the fridge for 2-3 hours. After that, it can be served on the table, if desired, decorated with sesame seeds. And the remaining Korean eggplants are perfectly stored in the refrigerator - in dry cans, covered with nylon covers, or in special food containers.
- If you want to cook eggplants in Korean, the most delicious recipe should be selected at your discretion, focusing on the list of products. But remember: the more diverse the composition, the richer the taste!
Original Korean Eggplant Appetizer
- 2 eggplants, bell peppers, carrots and onions;
- 1 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar and soy sauce;
- 5 tbsp. l olive or any other vegetable oil;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- salt and sugar to your taste;
- ground black pepper and coriander, 0.5 tsp;
- oil for frying - refined.
- Chopped eggplants salt and leave literally for half an hour. Then you should wash the vegetables, dry them and fry until golden brown.
- Peeled carrots finely chop or grate for Korean-style vegetables. Pepper free from seeds and cut into strips, and peeled and washed onions - half rings.
- Mix all the vegetables in one bowl. Separately combine the vegetable oil with vinegar, soy sauce, spices and sugar. Season the salad, salt it to taste, add finely chopped garlic. Let the dish stand for 2 hours, stirring the contents of the bowl from time to time.
- After this dish can be served.
Preparation for the winter
When studying Korean recipes that allow you to cook eggplants in Korean, do not forget to prepare this dish for future use. After all, in the winter there is not enough summer vegetable abundance!
- 1 kg of eggplants;
- 3 bulgarian onions and bulbs;
- 4 large carrots;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- ½ tbsp. l salts;
- 25-30 grams of spice mix for Korean dishes or a set of peppers to your taste;
- 180-200 grams table 6% vinegar;
- 250 ml of vegetable refined oil.
- Peel, rinse and coarsely rub the carrots. Fill it with boiling water and leave to infuse until the water has completely cooled, covering the dishes with a lid.
- Press the prepared vegetable thoroughly.
- Peeled onions and peeled seeds cut into strips. Eggplant cut into 2 parts - along. Boil them in salted boiling water literally 5 minutes, and then cool and cut into half rings. Mix everything with carrots.
- Prepare a pot of finely chopped garlic, salt, sugar, spices, vinegar and oil. Add it to the vegetables and transfer the resulting salad to the liter jars.
- Sterilize them for 20-25 minutes, then roll up and cover with a blanket until completely cool.
- Salad ready.
With the right choice and compliance with the technology of cooking, eggplants will provide your family with all the necessary vitamins and minerals. And the taste of this vegetable, opened with the help of Korean cuisine, is worthy of the highest praise. Experiment with seasoning combinations and add new sounds to familiar dishes! Successful culinary achievements!