Kimchi is one of the traditional oriental dishes, the recipe of which has more than 100 variations. The main ingredient in it is some kind of vegetable, which is salted in a certain way. This dish is considered to be one of the most useful, as many fermented vitamins, lactic acids, and fiber are stored in fermented vegetables.
Oriental culinary traditions have long been adopted by our hostesses. The traditional recipe for kimchi from Peking cabbage in Korean is quite simple. Within a few days after salting the product is ready for use. By the way, in the absence of Peking cabbage, you can use white cabbage. In this article we will also look at the recipe for kimchi from white cabbage.
Korean kimchi recipe: cooking from Peking cabbage
- 2 fork cabbage (Peking)
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2/3 cup garlic (chives)
- fresh ginger root
- onion greens
- fish sauce
- ½ tbsp. rice flour
- ½ tbsp. red pepper flakes (spicy can be adjusted)
- 2-3 art. water
- Cabbage cut lengthwise into 2 parts. We also make small cuts on the base. Carefully "fluff" leaves so that they do not come off. Sprinkle each leaf with salt (more at the base). We leave to ask: 2 hours on one side, 2 hours - on the other.
- Carrots and green onion feathers are cut using the julienne method (straws).
- Ginger, onions and garlic are ground in a blender.
- We dissolve 2-3 st. In water. l rice flour. We put on fire. Constantly stirring with a whisk, bring to a boil. When the liquid starts to bubble, you can turn it off. Add 3-4 Art. l Sahara. The consistency should be thick jelly.
- In a separate container we reduce: chopped vegetables, "kissel", ginger-garlic-onion mixture. It will be a kimchi dressing. There we send red pepper (to taste) and 0.5 tbsp. fish sauce. With the latest product, be careful, it is very salty.
- Cabbage blanks washed from the remnants of salt. Lightly squeeze. And now you need to fluff each cabbage leaf spicy dressing. Next, we put coaches into the storage tank, cover with a lid. If you want kimchi to have a sour taste, leave the cabbage sour for 24 hours at room temperature. Next, store the product recommended in the refrigerator (cellar).
White Cabbage Kimchi: Recipe
Similarly, preparing kimchi from other types of cabbage. In the absence of such unusual ingredients as fish sauce and red pepper flakes, white cabbage sauerkraut can be prepared in Korean.
- Cabbage fork shred large. Garlic - slices.
- Sprinkle cabbage with salt, sugar, red pepper. Add 1 tbsp. l vinegar (you can rice).
- Stir, not pressing hard.
- Fill all this with 1-2 st. boiling water. Stir once again. As oppression we use a usual portion plate.
- We leave on the table to wake up during the day.
- For easy storage, we transfer the kimchi into glass jars or plastic sudochki. Keep in the fridge.
If you used to make sour cabbage in the past, then you made an oriental kimchi snack. The dish allows experiments with spices and spices, including the addition of other vegetables. This makes it possible to constantly try new combinations of tastes!