The benefits of fresh juices for children and adults is indisputable, and their taste is much more pleasant than packaged ones, whose composition raises many questions. But constantly ordering in cafeterias or buying fresh juices in supermarkets is expensive, therefore, in order to provide for them at home, you need to purchase a juicer. Only with the high assortment of household appliances, it is not easy to find the perfect assistant.
Citrus juicer: how to choose?
To decide on a particular model of juicer, you first need to decide what kind of juice you want to drink. For fresh citrus fruits, there are special versions of this kitchen appliance that do not have a centrifuge. The main load falls on a ribbed polygonal cone, on which half of an orange or lemon is planted. After that, the device starts up, and juice flows down through the nose into the substituted glass. And for the remaining fruits and vegetables, you already have to buy rather large centrifuge models, called centrifugal. Before paying attention to them, it’s worth a few more words to say about citrus juicers.
- First, they differ in the volume of the tank in which the juice is collected. It is impossible to say which indicator is better, since this issue is solved individually: someone needs a minimum of 0.4 liters to make a glass of fresh juice in the morning, and someone for the whole family needs 1 to 2 liters. However, it should be noted that citrus juice is not preserved; therefore, it is re-squeezed each time, and you should not take a larger reservoir for long-term storage.
- Secondly, we must not forget about the power of the device. The standard range is 20-80 W, and the rate at which the juicer will turn the large halves of a favorite citrus into an aromatic drink will depend on this indicator. Copies with a capacity of more than 100 watts for spinning citrus are not represented on the kitchen appliances market.
- Thirdly, the device can have many additional functions, the degree of necessity of which is relative. For example, the filter on the spout, which serves the juice: with its help, the bulk of the pulp will remain inside the juicer. But if you like orange juice with pulp, you can consider options with several nozzles on the main tube: they are often governed by the size of the holes in the mesh filter.
Also, noteworthy is the mode of reverse rotation, as a result of which all possible juice is taken out of the fruit. Additionally, juicer can be supplied with various nozzles: large for grapefruit and smaller ones for lemon or mandarin; citrus holders, measuring cups. Depending on all these additional nuances, the cost of a citrus juicer will vary from 700 rubles. up to 5-6 thousand rubles.
Universal juicer: which is better for reviews?
And yet, most people prefer to have a universal appliance in the kitchen, rather than buying an apple juicer separately, separately for oranges, and separately, for example, for small berries. This saves money and is much easier to use. However, it is much more difficult to choose from the range of universal centrifugal devices than from a set of models for citrus.
The main element in such a juicer is a separator: the task of separating the product into various fractions falls on it. Today, 2 types of it are presented: cylindrical is considered the most effective because it squeezes out up to 90% of the juice contained in any product, but it does not remove the pulp and remnants of fruit or vegetables, so they have to be removed from the device independently. The conical separator squeezes out the juice worse - only 50% of the juice comes out of the pipe, but all the excess is self-discharged into the designated container. Everyone makes the choice between types of separators: there is no point in focusing on other people's reviews.
But on the next element of the kitchen appliances, it will not be superfluous to consult with anyone: this is a centrifuge. Manufacturers are ready to set high rates of its rotation, trying to outrun each other, but in practice it turns out that the difference between 14 thousand r / min and 20 thousand r / min does not exist, and even it is noted to the worse. There is enough corridor at 5-10 thousand rev / min, and the lower the indicator, the clearer the juice is: the maximum amount of pulp, paradoxically, falls into the glass when working at high speeds. It is best when the device has several speeds, since each fruit and vegetable, depending on the density of its pulp, implies different conditions for its processing.
The material of its mesh also plays a role in the centrifuge: stainless steel is recognized as the safest and most convenient in operation; however, a number of manufacturers are replaced by thin and durable plastic. In addition, it is important to check it for the number and size of the holes: the more of them, the better the final product. As for the power of the device, it is in the corridor of 200-1200 W, but in addition to it, it is necessary to study the operation time of the juicer before the automatic break. On most models, this parameter is indicated, because in order to save the engine from overheating, they independently stop working after a certain period of time. The higher the power of the device, the less this period.
And, of course, the equipment of the juicer greatly influences its cost and functionality: it may contain a part that removes excess foam when pressing some fruit, measuring cups and even risks on the container to which the juice initially goes. Also, before buying, you should view the specifications from the manufacturer. On some models of juicers, it is indicated which products they are focused on, and which ones they will not precisely squeeze. Failure to follow this recommendation may result in damage to the instrument.
The price policy for centrifugal juicers is much higher: the lower limit is 1.5-2 thousand rubles, and the upper one may be 23-25 thousand rubles. And, judging by consumer reviews, the cost of the device does not always affect its quality. In particular, MoulinexJU32013E, the price of which today varies between 3-4 thousand rubles. consumers rated much higher than other expensive models. Over 3 years of use, the quality of its work has not deteriorated, according to user comments, although the spin is not economical, due to the fact that the separator is conical in it. Of the more expensive copies, PhillipsHR1871 is in demand: its cost is 8-10 thousand rubles, the device is compact, almost entirely made of metal, the cake comes out very dry due to the conical separator, the foam is held back.
Auger juicer: consumer reviews
Auger juicers stand apart from other species, because their principle of operation is very different from centrifugal and those that are focused on citrus. This is almost the only model that can cope even with pomegranate stones, which is why it is the most universal for most people. The algorithm of its action resembles the one that is present in the meat grinder. When rotating, the spiral axis transmits a soft substance to the neighboring compartment, where everything is laid out on the grid, and the juice is squeezed through it through pressure.
The rotation of the spiral is slow, so the product does not heat up, and the device itself does not vibrate during operation. Spin medium - about 70% of the liquid from the product falls into your glass, so the screw juice extractors are quite popular. And the models that are in the high price range are often almost full-fledged food processors, since they also serve as a meat grinder.
However, there are several nuances that consumers have noted in their reviews on screw juicers, because of which the majority continues to use centrifugal models.
- Anna: In the dishwasher, the details of the auger juicer cannot be cleaned, so we only have to clean it by hand. But in comparison with the old juicer, this one is much more compact and takes up less space on the table top.
- Evgenia: When buying a screw juicer, they didn’t think that some fruits would have difficulties: it persistently turns apples into mashed potatoes, so we don’t drink apple juice.
- Ulyana: I love my juicer (OurssonJM80002) for economical consumption of electricity and quiet work: when a child sleeps, I want to do everything silently. The only thing that all products for it need to chop finely: a very small neck.
The range of juicers in the market of kitchen appliances is amazing and confusing to the unprepared buyer. But having read the above tips, you will be able to make the right choice and will enjoy the tasty and healthy fresh household products. The main thing - clearly define the goals with which you acquire this device.