Natural aromatic and tasty meat can be easily prepared at home. Today we talk about the procedure of curing meat fillets. And believe me: to make tasty and appetizing dried meat at home can be done even by an inexperienced cook. In this article you will find a selection of the best recipes.
A few secrets of curing meat
Cooking jerky at home is a very exciting process. Meat processed in this way has several advantages, in particular:
- it does not contain preservatives or dyes;
- the taste of dried meat fillets is extraordinary;
- jerky can be an excellent alternative to sausage products;
- all useful substances are preserved in meat fillets;
- under the influence of salt crystals from the meat go all the bacteria.
If you want to learn how to make jerky at home, so that the product is not only appetizing in appearance, but also very tasty, check out a number of tips from experienced chefs:
- for drying any meat fillet without bone is suitable;
- pork pulp lends itself best to curing;
- pre-meat should be washed and dried thoroughly;
- for drying only salt and any spices of your choice are used;
- the curing process takes place in several stages;
- at the first stage, we maintain the meat fillet in a large amount of salt for three days;
- during salting, pieces of meat must be turned over twice a day;
- the place for salting meat should be dark and moderately cool;
- Coriander, cumin, laurel leaf, pepper mixture, dried dill and basil are considered the best spices for drying meat fillets;
- after salting, the fillet is rubbed with spices and wrapped with a gauze cut;
- the curing procedure is carried out in a warm non-solar place;
- a piece of meat should be hung upright;
- the duration of the drying depends on the thickness of the piece of meat fillet;
- on average, meat is dried for 7-8 days;
- For drying, it is best to use large crystals of salt, since the small ones are quickly absorbed into the meat fibers, which can spoil the taste of the product.
Drying at home: a simple recipe
To date, there are many recipes for cooking jerky at home. Gauze cut can not be used. It is used only to protect the meat from insects. If you wilt meat in the winter, it is best to place it near the radiator. In summer, meat can be hung on the balcony or near the window. Make sure that direct sunlight does not fall on it.
In this recipe, we will willet pork fillet. Drying procedure takes about 14 days. To grind meat pieces, choose a shape that fits in size, do not need to use too large containers.
- 1 kg of pork fillet;
- 150 g of fructose;
- 1 kg of coarse salt;
- 5-6 Art. l spices - to taste.
- To begin, choose the right pork fillet, which is suitable for drying. On the meat piece should not be streaked or bones.
- Rinse the pork fillet thoroughly with water and then dry it well. You can use cloth towels or napkins.
- Over the entire surface of the fillet make uniform punctures with a fork.
- In a deep bowl, mix the coarse salt with fructose.
- We take a glass container and at the bottom lay out about a third of the prepared salt.
- Put a piece of pork fillet on top.
- Then pour the remaining coarse salt.
- Capacity close the lid and remove to a moderately cool place for 24 hours.
- After the allotted time has elapsed, remove the pork fillet from the salt and rinse thoroughly to remove the salt crystals.
- Be sure to dry the meat before processing seasonings.
- In a deep bowl mix any spices to taste. You can use olive herbs, dill, a mixture of peppers, coriander, basil, laurel and cumin.
- Thoroughly rub the pork fillet with seasonings.
- From one edge of the meat piece we make a small hole and draw a strong thread.
- Suspend the pork fillet in a moderately warm place.
- In this form, the meat will be withered for 14 days.
- After two weeks, you can taste the flavor of homemade homemade dried meat.
Dried chicken breast - an exquisite meat product
As already mentioned, drying can be done on almost any meat fillet. Now you know how to cook jerky at home according to the classic recipe. We suggest you try to make dried chicken breast. Cognac taste and aroma of spices will give this product originality. Drying will take you no more than 3 days. Best chicken fillet spread on the grill.
- 2 pcs. chicken fillet;
- 2 tbsp. l coarse salt;
- 2 tbsp. l any seasonings;
- 0.2 liters of brandy.
- In a deep bowl, lay out salt and any seasoning to taste.
- Using a mortar, grind these ingredients.
- Chicken fillet thoroughly washed, cleaned of the film and dry.
- Then we roll it abundantly in the prepared salt with seasonings and lay out in a deep container.
- Pour chicken fillet with brandy and send to the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- During the day, the chicken fillet must be turned at intervals of 4 hours.
- Then we remove the chicken fillet from the brandy mixture, wash it lightly with water and dry it.
- Cut the chicken fillet lengthwise into two parts, roll it down abundantly in any seasoning to taste and spread on the wire rack.
- Squeeze the fillet for 72 hours, periodically turning the pieces.
Jerky beef in a hurry
If you want to speed up the process of drying meat, then this can be done in the oven. The main thing is for your oven to support the conversion mode. According to this recipe for wilting is best a beef filet without a bone. It is advisable to prefer cutting.
- 0.9 kg beef fillet;
- 35 ml of Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce (in equal shares);
- 1 tsp. sugar sand;
- 25 g of soy sauce;
- juniper berries - 5-6 pcs .;
- 1 tsp. chopped chilli, dried garlic;
- 2 tsp. black pepper and coriander;
- 2 tsp. chopped paprika.
- Beef fillet is slightly frozen, and then cut into equivalent plates, the thickness of which should not exceed 0.7 mm.
- Put the meat pieces in a deep container and season with sauces and all spices.
- Thoroughly knead everything and leave to infuse for 45 minutes.
- Each piece of beef fillet is pierced with skewers or skewers.
- In this form, we fix the beef fillet in the oven. At the bottom, be sure to install the pallet.
- Turn on the air conversion mode, set the temperature threshold to 80 °.
- In this form, cook beef for 60 minutes.
- Then lower the temperature mark to 50 ° and cook for 2.5-4 hours. Drying time depends on the thickness of the meat pieces.
- Ready dried meat can be immediately served at the table.
As you can see, in the process of drying meat fillets at home there is nothing difficult. If you wilt meat with the classical method of drying, then take care that direct sunlight does not fall on it and that insects and animals do not have access to the product. You can use any spices at your discretion. By analogy, turkey fillets, lamb or rabbit meat can be dried. Still, the best way this process yields to pork. Try it, and you will certainly succeed. Enjoy your meal!