Jello is an authentic French dessert. As in the old days, today modern housewives prepare this light dessert from natural juice, edible gelatin and granulated sugar. In our article we will reveal all the secrets of cooking jelly. Recipes with gelatin will pleasantly surprise you with its simplicity, exquisite beauty and unique taste.
Sharing culinary secrets
Many of you have now thought, why look for a jelly recipe with gelatin, if at home you can make such a dessert much easier. To do this, go to the nearest food store and buy a bag of dry matter, which is filled with hot water, and then freezes. Indeed, everything is very simple, but if you want it to be also tasty, then nothing can be better than a designer dessert.
As a rule, jelly is made from juice with gelatin. Food gelatin performs its direct function: it allows the juice to thicken. For the preparation of such a dessert, you can choose not only juice, but also fresh and frozen berries and fruits, cream and much more.
Before proceeding to the practice, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with useful culinary tips:
- Supporters of a healthy lifestyle can replace food gelatin with pectin or agar-agar, of course, the consistency of the dessert will not turn out so thick, but also very tasty.
- Jelly can be made on the basis of milk, cream, compote, fruit, jam, fresh berries, frozen foods, etc.
- If you want the dessert to be with pieces of fruit, then grind them to the desired size.
- Use only enamelled containers for making jellies, as aluminum saucepans and pans will give the dessert an unpleasant aftertaste and dark color.
- You can make a multilayer jelly, but it takes 2-3 hours to solidify each layer.
- You can decorate the frozen dessert with chopped walnut kernels, chopped chocolate, fruit pieces, candied fruits, dried fruit, dragee, syrup, etc.
Useful dessert in the original version
Many housewives are wondering how to make gelatin jelly. The recipe for such a dessert can be almost anything, the main thing is to strictly observe all the proportions. But for mothers, a recipe for milk jelly with gelatin is useful. If your households do not like fermented milk products, then you can safely serve them under the guise of dessert, seasoning it with your favorite syrup or jam. Please note that milk desserts are not necessarily made from milk. We offer you a unique jelly recipe from curd mass and sour cream.
- 180 grams of cottage cheese;
- 2 tbsp. l sugar sand;
- 4 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 2 tsp. table gelatin;
- for decoration jam or syrup.
- Carefully study the instructions for soaking food gelatin and perform all actions.
- All its grains must dissolve.
- In a separate bowl we combine sugar with curd mass.
- Sour cream separately whipped blender.
- Then combine both masses and mix until smooth.
- When the gelatin is swollen, pour it into a cream-curd mixture.
- Mix well again.
- We take molds, it is better silicone, and in even portions we spread the cooked milk mass.
- We send the jelly in the fridge to cure for 40-50 minutes.
- We serve dessert to the table, watering it with our favorite jam, berry or caramel syrup.
Cooking dessert from stock pantry
If there is a sufficient amount of preservation in your arsenal, especially jam, then you can make a fragrant and tasteful dessert. Jelly with gelatin jam jelly recipe will allow you to create a real masterpiece and surprise them to guests and households. For these purposes, you can use almost any jam, only the berry mass must be removed from it, so that only pure juice remains.
- 250 ml of jam;
- 0.8 liters of filtered water;
- food gelatin - 50 g
- Put the jam in an enamel container and fill it with filtered water.
- Put the resulting compote on a moderate fire and bring to a state of boiling.
- Using a sieve or gauze cut, filter the juice.
- Meanwhile, soak food gelatin.
- When the gelatin swells, send it to the water bath and withstand until all the granules are completely dissolved.
- Combine the berry juice with a gelatinous mass and ship again to the fire.
- This time we heat the mixture, but do not bring it to a boil.
- Pour the liquid into bowls or glasses and cool.
- Then we send the jelly to the refrigerator until it solidifies.
Arrange a celebration of colors
For such a fictional holiday, you must make fruit jelly with gelatin, the recipe for which is very simple. You can use any fruit that you like. Set the amount of added sugar yourself, it all depends on the sweetness of the fruit used. As a liquid base, we take the juice, preferably transparent. Pure apple or apple-grape juice is best suited for this purpose.
- 0.4 kg of fruit;
- 0.5 liters of juice;
- 14 g of food gelatin;
- ¼ Art. sugar sand.
- Fruits are thoroughly washed and ground into equal pieces.
- Food gelatin pour in a bowl and pour it with a small amount of juice.
- After 60 minutes, put the gelatin mixture on the fire, add the remaining juice and heat until the crystals are completely dissolved.
- At the same stage, add sugar to the liquid.
- In the selected forms lay out the fruit platter and fill it with the prepared mixture.
- Waiting for complete cooling, and then sent to the refrigerator.
Summer dessert in the middle of winter
For making jelly, it is not necessary to use only seasonal fruits. We will reveal to you a recipe for jelly from frozen berries with gelatin. For dessert, suitable for any berries - strawberries, blueberries, cranberries and blackberries, cherries, plums, etc.
- 0.3 kg of frozen berries;
- 250 grams of sugar;
- to taste freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- 20 g of food gelatin;
- 0.1 liters of filtered water.
- We take out the berries in advance from the freezer and wait until they defrost naturally.
- We spread the fruits and berries in a deep bowl and beat them with a blender, bringing the puree to consistency.
- At the same time, add sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste.
- Set aside the prepared mixture to the side and deal with gelatin.
- In a bowl, lay out food gelatin and fill it with warm water.
- We put the berry mixture on a moderate fire and, gradually stirring, bring to a boil.
- As the berry mixture boils, add the swollen gelatinous mass.
- Spread the fruit mass in shape and cool.
- The final stage of cooking jelly will be its freezing in the refrigerator.
As you can see, jelly can be made from a wide variety of fermented milk products, berries, fruits and even jam. Some housewives manage to make an exquisite dessert of cocoa, ryazhenka, condensed milk, jelly. Choose your favorite dessert to taste and cook it with pleasure, because the best reward for the hostess is thanks and satisfied faces of the household. Enjoy your meal!