The traditions of Japan, this country of minimalism, can be endlessly amazed. And it applies to traditional Japanese cuisine. This people can literally do something out of nothing! For example, you can take such a daily meal as an omelet: the ingredients are simple, the way of cooking is special, but at the same time simple!
In Japan, an omelet is called tamago-yaki, in the process of making it the egg mixture is laid in layers. This dish is served for breakfast, in addition, it is one of the components of some varieties of rolls and sushi.
There are several cooking options for this dish: using rice vinegar, sugar, sake and soy sauce - all this is mixed in various proportions. But there is more and more simple cooking method - only soy sauce is needed.
In Japan, omelette is traditionally made in a rectangular pan - "makiyakinabe". But instead it fits and the usual pan for pancakes. The main thing - it should have a good non-stick coating.
In the preparation of this dish there are a few secrets. It is better to select the pan for the size of the burner or vice versa. Thus, the roasting will be uniform. Also, when cooking tamago, it is better to use Chinese chopsticks - with their help it will be easier to turn the egg pancake and press each layer. And they can be whipped egg with soy sauce until smooth, so get a lot less bubbles.
How to cook Japanese omelet?
Preparing a dish is not difficult, the main thing - to comply with the recipe.
- Chicken Egg - 3 pcs.
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp. l
- Sugar, salt - to taste
- Vegetable oil - to lubricate the pan
- Mix the eggs with soy sauce until smooth using Chinese chopsticks. If the sauce is too salty, then you can add a little sugar, and if sweet - it is better to salt it.
- Put the pan on a slow fire, grease it with a small amount of vegetable oil, and remove the excess with a napkin.
- Pour a little egg mixture on a preheated pan and spread over the entire surface to form a thin pancake.
- When the pancake grabs, it must be bent at opposite ends to the center, and then folded in half.
- The resulting bundle is moved to the edge of the pan, and another portion of the egg mixture is poured into the vacated space so that it goes under the bundle of the 1st pancake. That is, a new pancake should thus be glued to the 1st.
- After the 2nd pancake grabs, it should be screwed on the 1st. So the manipulation should be done with the whole egg mixture.
- The smaller the area of the pan, the thicker the roll will be. Also, to create a thick roll, you can simply increase the number of ingredients.
- Ready omelet need to blot with a napkin to remove excess fat. To give the correct form, it must be wrapped in a bamboo mat for sushi and cool.
- Then cut the roll at an oblique angle and you can enjoy its taste!
Japanese omelette - delicious taste!
- Chicken Egg - 3 pcs.
- Rice vinegar - 10 ml
- Soy sauce - 15 ml
- Mix eggs with soy sauce and rice vinegar until smooth. If the sauce is sweet, then the mixture can be salted, and if salted, then sugar.
- Grease the pan with vegetable oil, heat and pour a little egg mass on it. When the mixture grabs, its edges should be bent from two opposite edges to the center, and then lay the pancake along.
- The resulting structure is shifted to the edge, and pour more mixture on the free part. New pancake should stick to the 1st.
- After setting, the second pancake should be wound on the first.
- Such manipulations should be done with the whole egg mixture, until the roll is thick. After it should be cut across and can be served at the table!
Cooked meat with rice and vegetables
- Chicken Egg - 2 pcs.
- Rice (preferably - for Japanese dishes) - 1/3 Art.
- Chicken fillet (fried or smoked) - 1 pc.
- A mixture of vegetables (onions, mushrooms, carrots, bean sprouts, green peas) - ½ tbsp.
- Ketchup - 3 tbsp. l
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp.
- Rice vinegar - 1 tsp.
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Boil rice until cooked.
- Chicken fillet cut into large pieces.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, salt and pepper.
- Cool ready rice, mix with soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Heat the vegetable oil in the pan and fry the vegetable mixture over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add rice to vegetables and mix everything.
- Add chicken fillet and ketchup to the pan, mix and fry for another 2 minutes. After the finished stuffing in a separate bowl.
- Grease the pan again with vegetable oil and pour the egg mixture into it, it should be fried until the bottom of the omelet thickens and the top is still watery.
- On one half of the omelet put the stuffing and roll the omelet into a roll.
- Serve the dish to the table should be hot with ketchup.
Tomago Omelet: Traditional Recipe
"Tomago" or "Tomago-yaki" means "fried egg" from Japanese. In general, the so-called sweet Japanese omelet, which is made from chicken eggs. On the Japanese table - this is a classic dish that is used not only for breakfast, but also for lunch and for lunch.
- Dashi broth - 4 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Chicken Egg - 4 pcs.
- Mirin (rice wine) - to taste
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Beat the eggs, then add salt, sugar, mirin, soy sauce to them, mix everything well and beat a little more.
- Put the pan on the fire, grease it with vegetable oil and heat it.
- Pour a small amount of the egg mixture into the pan and spread it over the entire surface. When the mixture is reddened, it should be rolled along the area of the omelet in several layers and, without removing it from the pan, moved to the edge.
- After the empty space, re-fill the egg mixture and repeat the same steps with it as with the 1st one. Thus it is necessary to fry the whole mixture.
- Ready to put the roll on the mat, previously covered with cling film and let it cool down a bit.
- Then from the omelet should roll roll, while squeezing the excess liquid and cut at an oblique angle.
- Soba noodle is perfect as a side dish for this dish.
Japanese omelet will be a great original breakfast, with which you can diversify your daily menu. The ingredients for this dish are available to everyone, and the time spent on cooking does not take much. But the taste is absolutely incredible!