Do you like baked potatoes, but do not want to wait a long time until the vegetable is cooked in the oven? Then you will be useful information on how to bake potatoes in the microwave. After all, the cooking process takes only about 15 minutes!
Is it possible and how to bake potatoes in the microwave?
Potatoes can be cooked in dozens of ways. Yet one of the most favorite options is baked vegetable. But not all fans of this dish know that you can bake potatoes in the microwave. And it turns out a soft, crumbly, with an appetizing cracked skin or a ruddy crust. The taste of such a root is no different from having been in the oven. And if you add mushrooms, sour cream or herbs to the potatoes, it turns out to be an exquisite dish.
Cooking potatoes in uniform
The easiest way to cook potatoes in the microwave is to cook without peeling.
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes;
- garlic or spices.
- We wash potatoes well (a washcloth can be used).
- We make 3-4 deep punctures with a fork so that the moisture comes out during the cooking process.
- Rubbed with spices or squeezed garlic juice (optional).
- Wrap the potatoes in paper napkins and put them in a microwave dish (if there is a rotating plate in it, then you can put the vegetable directly on it).
- We put the device for 4 minutes with a power of 1/3.
- After 2 minutes, turn the potatoes.
- Turn on the microwave again, after turning off the timer, try the knife readiness: if the puncture is done easily enough, the dish is ready. If the potatoes are over dry and the inside is raw, then we reduce the capacity of the oven a little.
In some models there is a function "Baked Potato", which allows you to not interrupt the preparation of turning the vegetable.
This recipe can also diversify sauces. For example, for gravy from sour cream you need to mix ½ tbsp. sour cream and an equal volume of water. After the potato is cooked, it is poured over the mixture and again sent to the microwave oven for 5 minutes.
Baked potato in the microwave without the skin
If you do not like a potato in its uniform, then keep in mind that such a stove allows you to bake it without skin.
- 3-4 large potatoes;
- sunflower oil;
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in half lengths.
- Lightly add some half to each half.
- Pour some oil into a deep dish for the microwave and put the potatoes (1-2 layers).
- We set the timer for 8 minutes.
Even in this form it turns out very satisfying. But for a change, you can sprinkle potatoes with grated cheese, put the finely chopped pickled mushrooms, sprinkle with herbs or spices to taste. And you can combine all the additives and pour the mayonnaise on top - the dish will come out, of course, not at all dietary, but very tasty. Serve potatoes baked this way only hot.
The tricks of baking potatoes in the microwave
The main question of cooking vegetables in this way is how much to bake potatoes in the microwave. The answer depends on how you cook it: if without additives, then only 8 minutes, if with additives, then until all the ingredients are ready (for example, until cheese is melted). In addition, there are some important points that should also be taken into account when sending a vegetable to the microwave:
- so that the skin of the potato in its uniform is not tasteless and dry, it can be smeared with olive oil before cooking;
- microwave power for large potatoes should be 1/3 more than for small ones;
- if the oven power is less than 800 W, the cooking time should be increased by 1.5 times;
- so that the vegetable does not overdry, it can be wrapped in parchment paper or polyethylene (which does not melt in a microwave oven), but in no case in foil - it will ruin the microwave;
- Roasting root vegetables should be done according to the principle: it is better to cook less than perepech, as in the latter case, the potatoes can simply explode.
By choosing the appropriate option, telling how to bake potatoes in the microwave, it can be varied to your liking. Fortunately, the potato is combined with almost any additives. But in its pure form, the dish turns out very tasty and useful, and most importantly - extremely fast in cooking.