Fresh Bulgarian pepper in the winter - a pleasure. Who does not like to eat greens and vegetables in the cold? Only on our tables they are present mainly in a canned form, while there is another effective way to preserve them for a long time. How to freeze pepper for the winter to save it a maximum of vitamins and in the future to prepare tasty and healthy dishes?
Ways of freezing
The question of how to freeze the Bulgarian pepper for the winter is decided depending on what the hostess is going to cook from it. Stuffing requires whole vegetables that keep their shape well. If you plan to goulash, saute or soup, pieces, rings or slices will do.
The principle of freezing is based on maximum preservation of vitamins and nutrients in food. However, for this, one needs to remove as much moisture as possible, which freezes and destroys the structure of the fruit. Prepared peppers are thoroughly dried on a towel or wiped.
The quality of the frozen food will depend on the quality of the frozen product. Peppers need to choose whole, not spoiled, without dents and scratches. Then in the winter they will be able to please you with the scent of summer.
How to freeze peppers for the whole winter?
Whole vegetable freezing is suitable for stuffing. To do this, choose large peppers, which are covered with thick skins and after thawing, retain their original appearance.
- Fruits need to be cleared of seeds and partitions, to separate the stem. Make it better with your hands, slightly pressing on the top of the vegetable.
- Wash the peppers well and dry them with a napkin or towel. Do not miss this stage of preparation, otherwise the pepper will lose its original appearance.
- Embed vegetables into each other to make a "pyramid". It should fit freely in the freezer bag and in the freezer itself.
- After a few hours, shake the bag slightly - such a measure will separate the fruits from each other and prevent them from sticking together.
If you are thinking about how to freeze pepper for the winter for stuffing, feel free to act on this recipe. It is necessary to defrost vegetables at room temperature, but for laying the filling it is not necessary to carry out a full thawing. It is enough to bring the pepper to an elastic state, and it is already possible to fill it. Stuffed peppers put in a saucepan, add shredded onions and carrots and simmer until tender.
Stuffed pepper for the winter frozen
If desired, you can freeze the already stuffed fruits, which are then successfully heated in a pan. This is a very effective method for those people who live in a rapid rhythm.
- minced meat or meat - 0.5 kg;
- rice - 1/3 tbsp .;
- salt, spices;
- pepper - 20 pcs .;
- bulbs - 2 pcs.
- You can buy minced meat in the store or make it yourself.
- Forcemeat salt and pepper.
- Boil rice slightly and mix with meat.
- Wash peppers, clean the seeds, dry a little.
- Stuff rice with meat.
- Fold the bag in 1 layer and place in the freezer.
- When they freeze, you can add peppers in random order and put them in the freezer again.
If you decide to cook a dish of semi-finished products, take a saucepan and place frozen peppers in it. Pre-expose them to defrosting is not necessary, since they will still stew in the broth. As a gravy, use finely chopped onion, carrot, tomato, diluted with a small amount of water. Until ready, the semi-finished products must be stewed for 1 hour.
To freeze vegetables for the winter is not at all difficult. The most important thing in the preparation of products and peppers in particular is to dry them well, so that the excess moisture does not crystallize under the influence of cold. In winter, the usual vegetable platter will make a delicious and full of vitamins dish.