Currently, many different recipes that have come to us from time immemorial, have been forgotten. But in the modern world, people try to renew traditions. This also applies to home cooking of various alcoholic beverages and liqueurs. Hrenovuha appeared in Ancient Russia, by decree of Peter I, this very drink in the prescribed amount was to be in every home.
Hrenovuha was watered by people who were engaged in hard physical labor or stayed in the cold for a long time. Today, horseradish can also be prepared at home, and with different technologies. The classic recipe is hrenovuhi vodka. Let's look at the features of the preparation of this drink.
What is hrenovuha?
Hrenovuha is an alcoholic drink of great strength. It is very common in Ukraine and Russia. This drink is based on vodka (alcohol or moonshine) and horseradish root. People engaged in the manufacture of horseradish at home, add to the drink a variety of ingredients, for example:
- carnation and much more.
It is best to take 40-45 ° vodka or moonshine of the same strength as a basis.
How to make hrenovuhu of vodka at home?
Fans of moonshine or cooking homemade brandy, liqueurs and liqueurs use a variety of recipes insisting hrenovuhi. Let's look at the most common ones based on vodka.
The classic recipe hrenovuhi
- vodka or moonshine - 1 l;
- sugar - 20 g;
- horseradish (root) - 2 pcs.
- Horseradish root should be thoroughly washed and dried. Excess moisture can be removed by drying the root in the oven or on a paper towel.
- Then the root is cut into small pieces.
- We take the capacity (bottle), pour out the chopped horseradish root and sugar.
- Next, pour the dry ingredients with vodka.
- Capacity should be tightly closed and removed in a dark place.
- Insists hrenovuha for 7 days. It is not recommended to open the container before.
- After the expiration of the infusion hrenovuhu need to filter.
The recipe for cooking hrenovuhi on vodka with honey
A milder taste hrenovuha gets, if it add a little honey. The recipe is not much different from the classic, but honey Khrenovuha turns out to be more saturated.
- vodka or moonshine - 0.5 liters;
- honey - 30 g;
- horseradish root - 25 g
- To begin with, we take 0.5 liters of vodka and pour about 50-70 ml into another container. This is necessary so that the alcohol vapors evaporate.
- Pour 100 ml of vodka into a separate container and mix with honey.
- After the honey is completely dissolved, pour the mixture into a common container with vodka. Remember that honey dissolves in vodka long enough.
- Cut into small pieces of horseradish root. It can also be crushed on a grater.
- Pour horseradish in a container with vodka and honey.
- Tightly close the container and set in a dark place for 5-6 days so that the hellishness can infuse.
- At the end of the process of infusing the drink must be drained (for this you can use a sieve or gauze cut). Honey can be transformed into flakes or sediment, which you must get rid of.
For the preparation of horseradish in larger quantities, you need to increase the proportions of all the added ingredients, respectively.
As you can see, varieties of recipes homemade hrenovuhi countless. Each drink has a special aroma and exquisite taste. Lemon zest or lime, cloves, mustard, vanilla will give the drink an extraordinary taste. The main condition - to withstand the period of infusion and strain hrenovuhu.
You can try out various options for making this alcoholic beverage. Try to change not only the components, but also the method of chopping horseradish. Sliced and ground horseradish in a drink is different in its taste. Prepare several different recipes and choose the most delicious horseradish. Or you can feel the taste of an expensive liqueur that is easy to make at home, using the recipe from our article Liquor Beilis at home: a recipe
What you need to know about the use of horseradish?
Do not forget that hrenovuha is not only an alcoholic drink, but also a drug. Tincture is widely used in traditional medicine. The dosage and duration of admission must be coordinated with the attending specialist.
If you decide to use hrenovuhu in the form of an alcoholic drink, for example, during a feast, then consider a few rules:
- drink is best consumed chilled (you can even with ice);
- drink hrenovuhu from piles;
- drink a drink should be a gulp;
- As appetizers, it is best to choose meat dishes or jelly, because hrenovuha strongly excites the appetite.
If hrenovuha cooked by you at home turned out to be excessively vigorous, then you can add a little vodka (moonshine or alcohol) to it. So you can soften the taste of the drink. If you do not like to use hrenovuhi in its pure form, then try to make a cocktail based on it. Perfect horseradish will be combined with tomato juice. Cocktail "Bloody Mary" will be an excellent alternative to a pure drink. Remember that drinking alcohol in excessive amounts is detrimental to your health.
As you have noticed, horseradish can be quite easily and quickly cooked at home. The main thing is to comply with the proportions of all the ingredients and the rules for infusing the drink. Otherwise, it can turn out to be very vigorous.