Each hostess in the notebook has a recipe for a tasty and nutritious dish that can be prepared on any occasion. Braised cabbage can become a worthy contender for such status. And, although the dish seems light in execution and does not take much time, it is not enough to know how to put out the cabbage in the pan - you need to be able to do it perfectly, so that your family and friends willingly ask for an additive.
Can I stew cabbage in a pan?
Braised cabbage is traditionally cooked in deep dishes. For these purposes, suitable pan or pan. However, do not think that the difference between them in the cooking process does not exist.
If you plan to stew cabbage in a saucepan, you will get boiled product, which can be filled with butter or another sauce. The pan gives you the opportunity to fry vegetables, so that cabbage gets a pleasant smell and more saturated color and taste.
If you follow the figure and control calories, it is better to cook the cabbage in the pan. Vegetables can be poured with water and stew until cooked. The pan offers the hostess more options and variations of the dish. You can pre-fry the onion or carrot until golden brown, put mushrooms, meat, etc. Fresh chopped cabbage can also be fried first and then stewed in liquid with the rest of the ingredients. Then all the ingredients will retain their unique flavor.
The quality of the final product will depend on the cabbage variety. If you take a light vegetable, the dish will be juicy and soft. Green varieties give it rigidity. You can also use sauerkraut for cooking, but its taste before the heat treatment should fully satisfy you. Salted or too acidic product should be soaked in water for several hours.
Before starting cooking, fresh leaves should be removed from the fresh vegetable, as they are usually very tough and will not add a dish of refinement. Cut stalk, and the remaining leaves - wash well and chop.
Cabbage can be successfully combined with:
- put in patties as a filling.
As the sauce is perfect tomato paste or sour cream. Try to replace the white cauliflower cauliflower, kohlrabi will also be very tasty.
Salt the cabbage is necessary at the end of the fire. Salt retains moisture, and in the process of cooking you will get boiled "porridge", if you put this spice in the beginning. Peppers and greens should also be put before serving.
Stew fresh cabbage
Let's start with the usual recipe, suitable even for an inexperienced amateur cook. There is nothing difficult in it. It will take only vegetables and the desire to concoct something delicious from ordinary foods.
- cabbage - 1 pc .;
- carrots, onions - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 1 tooth;
- sunflower oil - 0.5 tsp;
- Cabbage to prepare and cut into strips.
- Peel and chop carrots and onions.
- Vegetables put in one bowl and mix with your hands, slightly squeezing out the juice.
- Add oil to the pan, put on the fire and wait until the smoke goes.
- When the pan warms up well, pour out the vegetables and fry, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, stew dish until done.
- A few minutes before the end add chopped garlic, herbs, salt.
- Serve hot.
Cabbage stewed with potatoes
Cabbage and potatoes - 2 main vegetables, which are more often than other "brothers" are present on our tables. And if they connect together? It turns out a wonderful lunch or dinner!
- cabbage - 0.7 kg;
- carrot, onion - 1 pc .;
- potatoes - 3 pcs .;
- Tomato - 1 tbsp. l .;
- dried basil - 1 tsp;
- sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- black pepper.
- Onions and carrots to clean and chop well.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into slices.
- Prepared cabbage cut into strips and slightly mash your hands.
- Fry the onions and carrots in a hot frying pan in sunflower oil.
- Put the cabbage into the pan and simmer under the lid for 20 minutes.
- Pour out potatoes, basil, black pepper.
- Add a little water and continue to simmer until the potatoes are ready.
- Salt, put out another 5 minutes and remove the dish from the heat.
- Before serving, sprinkle with finely chopped fresh herbs.
Cabbage with meat - a full dish
The main advantage of any meat is that it is combined with almost any side dish. Braised cabbage will be in this case indispensable. Thanks to her, the dish becomes light and well digested.
- cabbage - 1 kg;
- chicken - 0.5 kg;
- several spoons of tomato.
- The meat is separated from the skin and bones and cut into acceptable pieces for eating.
- Pour butter into a hot frying pan and fry the chicken on it for 5 minutes.
- Prepared cabbage chop and add to the meat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. If the cabbage burns, pour some water.
- Salt, sprinkle with pepper, mix with tomato and simmer for another 20 minutes.
Features cooking cauliflower
Cauliflower makes the dish incredibly tender. This vegetable, cooked in the winter, can remind of the delights of summer with its smell and the unusual structure of the inflorescences. Cauliflower can also be stewed in a frying pan.
- cauliflower - 0.4-0.5 kg;
- milk - 150-200 ml;
- onions, carrots, sweet pepper - 1 pc .;
- tomato paste or juice with pulp - 1 tbsp .;
- All vegetables, except cabbage, washed, peeled and finely chopped.
- Fry the onions and carrots in a preheated skillet.
- Add pepper and continue to fry.
- When the pepper pieces are soft, pour in tomato juice or pasta.
- Reduce the heat, lay out the chopped cabbage and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and spices. Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Now you know how to stew cabbage in a frying pan - plain and colored. It's very simple, but what an excellent dish it turns out! This is the secret of the green vegetable: sophistication at the outward simplicity and richness of taste, which is revealed in the process of skillful preparation.