Red caviar is a delicacy that many people love. Especially this product is in demand on the eve of holidays. However, not everyone knows that you can cook it at home. To do this, you need to buy caviar of red fish, for example, pink salmon, and choose the most suitable recipe with a description of how to pickle it.
Cost - Taste - Price
Caviar of fish of the salmon family is not only a tasty product, but also surprisingly healthy. It contains vitamins and minerals, fatty acids and protein, which are necessary in a person’s daily diet. However, due to the different numbers of a particular type of fish, their way of life (in particular, nutrition), caviar differs in taste and price. In this regard, the perfect combination of cost, taste and quality is considered pink salmon caviar. This product is distinguished by:
- smaller grains;
- delicate texture of eggs;
- concentrated taste.
At the same time the process of salting caviar of pink salmon does not require special skills for handling this fish product. It is enough to follow the recommendations precisely - and the delicacy will be prepared correctly.
How to prepare caviar?
As a rule, raw caviar comes in as a "supplement" to the fish purchased. Moreover, its presence is most often found at the moment of the evisceration. And then many housewives simply add a raw delicacy to the ear or fry in a pan. But if you do not be lazy and take the time to salting, then after a few hours you will be able to pamper yourself and loved ones with a delicious snack.
So, having gutted the pink salmon carcass, you found two yastika (pouch) with caviar. Before cooking it must be divided, that is, remove the film. To do this, you can use one of the proposed methods.
Method number 1
- Cut the gauze fold several times in the form of a sleeve.
- Inside the gauze roll put yastyki.
- We place the sleeve under running water, constantly twisting the gauze so that the films of the bag remain on the fabric.
Method number 2
- We hook the yastik on the one hand, gently tearing it.
- Place the torn bag on the sieve and gently mop up - the eggs go out through the holes clean and even.
Method number 3
- Scald yastyki.
- Put in cold water for 5-7 minutes.
- Scrape the eggs with a spoon.
3 red caviar recipes
One of the two most well-known ways to pickle fish product is wet pickling.
Pickle in brine
- 500 grams of caviar;
- 2 tsp. salt;
- 1 tsp. white sugar;
- 1 tbsp. warm boiled water.
- In a glass of water pour salt and sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Washed caviar pour brine brine.
- Leave the future dish in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Strain the caviar. Delicacy is ready.
It is necessary to store such caviar in glass jars with tight-fitting lids.
The second most popular way of describing how to salt salmon caviar is dry salting.
Cooking without brine
- 500 g red caviar;
- 1 tbsp. l coarse salt.
- Pour the washed caviar in a bowl.
- Pour it with salt.
- Mix a large flat spoon (preferably wooden).
- Fold the workpiece on the banks, close the lids and set in the cold.
- After 20-24 hours, wash the caviar so that it does not have excess salt. The delicacy can be eaten.
To keep caviar longer (up to 2 weeks), you can put vegetable oil in jars.
If the delicacy is needed for the approaching feast, then use the quick recipe, which describes how to pickle the salmon caviar at home as quickly as possible.
- 500 grams of caviar;
- 2 tsp. salt;
- 1 tsp. white sugar.
- Put the peeled caviar in a bowl with wide sides.
- Pour salt and sugar, mix, trying not to damage the eggs.
- We leave under load from a plate and a glass of water for 5-6 hours.
- We wash the eggs through a sieve.
- The snack is ready.
Please note that such a treat will not be stored for a long time - a maximum of 2 days.
Now, knowing how to pickle salmon caviar at home, you can safely go to the market for fish - and hope that in its abdomen you will find two sticks with eggs. Having chosen one of the salting methods, in just a few hours you will prepare a nutritious and deliciously delicious delicacy.