Many years ago, cereal made of barley decorated the festive tables of nobles and wealthy peasants. Our grandfathers and great-grandfathers had breakfast with cereal porridge, and they understood the benefits of products. Due to the fact that barley cereal is produced by crushing without processing, it is incredibly useful for the human body. If you make barley porridge for breakfast, you will provide yourself and all family members with vigor and energy for the whole day.
Calorie and nutritional value of the product
Examine the composition and energy value of the product, and you will see that barley porridge will be an ideal dish for those who want to lose weight or simply follow the figure. Porridge is rich in carbohydrates, which are slowly absorbed, as well as fiber, proteins that help cleanse the intestines from toxins, remove toxins and decomposition products from the body. In addition, the chemical composition of cereals does not allow the body to accumulate fat and does not allow them to be deposited on the walls of blood vessels. Porridge contains minerals: magnesium, cobalt, phosphorus, iron, calcium, fluorine, potassium and others. Yachka replenishes the body with vitamins: B1, B9, E, PP, D. The total caloric content of the product is 330 kcal per 100 g of finished porridge.
Useful properties of porridge
Apart from the fact that porridge is rich in beneficial vitamins and trace elements, it has a positive effect on the functioning of the brain, digestion, and heart function. Barley product strengthens the immune system and a positive effect on vision. Porridge will not be excessive in the diet of people who suffer from dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, thyroid disease, anemia or obesity.
Due to its composition, barley porridge is able to maintain the beauty and youth of the female body, strengthens the nail plate, and makes hair silky and thick. Porridge has the "magic" properties of natural antibiotics. Its grains can be an excellent prophylactic against diabetes, help in the treatment of diseases of the liver, kidney, arthritis, bladder. Eating porridge helps to normalize the level of cholesterol in the blood, gives energy, disability and normalizes mood for the whole day.
How to cook barley porridge?
Of all their fellow porridge, barley is the most useful product. Due to the availability and low cost, it can be cooked at least every day. If you just came from work and do not want to go to the store anymore, we will tell you how to cook barley porridge on water. If you are going to cook dinner for two, prepare in advance:
- butter - 30 g;
- barley grits - 150 g;
- water - 300 ml;
- salt - to taste.
- Groats must be taken from the garbage, rinsed in a sieve
- Pour the grain into cold water. Porridge will turn out delicious, if proportions are met. For a crumbly side dish, pour 2.5 water into a glass of cereal. If you want a viscous porridge, then pour in a ratio of 1: 4.
- Simmer on low heat for at least 20 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add salt to your taste.
- Immediately after turning off the fire, add oil. You can not regret it.
- Remove from heat and wrap the dishes with porridge. Let it evaporate.
Eat with pleasure!
Barley porridge on the water
If you want to get diet porridge, then cook it in water. We offer you another recipe. For him you will need the same components.
- barley groats;
- Stir a glass of cereal for 5 minutes in a frying pan, stirring with a spoon.
- Bring water to a boil, salt to taste.
- Pour the cereal into boiling water.
- Bring to boil again, reduce heat to low and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Extinguish the fire, oil the porridge and cover with a towel. Let it stand.
Barley porridge with milk
You already know how to cook barley porridge on the water - now we will tell you how to cook a nutritious breakfast in milk.
- butter - 30 g;
- barley groats - 1 tbsp .;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- milk - 2 t .;
- water - 2 tbsp.
- Clean the croup from trash and rinse well. It is best to apply a sieve for this.
- Pour 2 cups of water and cook. After the cereal has absorbed all the water, pour in the milk and cook for half an hour over low heat.
- Almost at the very end of cooking add salt and granulated sugar.
- Turn off the stove and give the porridge a chance to evaporate.
That's all, barley porridge with milk is ready!
Barley porridge in a slow cooker
Another quick-cooking recipe for a delicious side dish is barley porridge in a slow cooker. To make porridge dietary, use water. For a richer flavor, add milk. We give an example of cooking barley porridge in a multi-cooker on water.
- croup - 1 measured st .;
- water - 2 dimensional st .;
- salt - ½ tsp.
- Wash the cereal in a separate container or using a sieve.
- In a slow cooker put a clean yachka, pour water, add salt.
- Enable the mode "Milk porridge". The total cooking time should not exceed 35 minutes.
- Give porridge insist.
Barley porridge is cooked quickly. It can be cooked as a main dish, for example, for breakfast, or as a side dish for a meat or fish dish. If you are watching your own health, be sure to add barley cereal porridge to your diet. If desired, the sweet version of the dish can be varied with various dried fruits or fresh fruits to your taste. Eat healthy foods and stay healthy!