One of the most delicious appetizers are salted white mushrooms. Mushrooms are a versatile product that can be dried, pickled, fried, boiled and salted. There are several ways to pickle white mushrooms, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages. Having tried different methods of salting white mushrooms, you can get a completely different taste and find one that will appeal to all members of your family.
How to pickle white mushrooms? There are 2 traditional recipes for pickling mushrooms, which are most often used by housewives.
Salted White Mushroom Recipe
- White mushrooms - 1 bucket
- Salt - 2 tbsp.
- Dip the mushrooms in boiling water when they boil, throw them in a colander and place them under running water until they cool down. Then leave them to dry, turn over for this several times.
- After that, take a liter jars and put the mushrooms upside down. Sprinkle each layer with salt. Then cover with a dry lid and press down with a heavy stone.
- After 5 days, when the pot becomes incomplete, add fresh mushrooms again and pour them with melted warm oil. Store mushrooms in a dry and cool place.
- Before eating, soak the salted mushrooms for 1 hour in cold water. Mushrooms that have been salted for a long time, soak the day. After that, rinse them under running water.
The classic recipe for salted porcini mushrooms
- White mushrooms - 1 bucket
- Salt - 2 tbsp.
- Take the white mushrooms, put in a container, salt and leave for a day. Stir periodically.
- After that, the resulting juice, filtering through a sieve, pour into a large saucepan. Heat the juice, as soon as it becomes a little warm, fill them with mushrooms.
- On the second day, squeeze the juice again and heat it to a higher temperature, then pour the mushrooms again.
- On the third day, heat the juice so that it is hot and pour over the mushrooms.
- After 3 days, boil the mushrooms together with the juice.
- After the mushrooms have cooled down, put the caps on top of them in an oak tub or a glass jar, cover with brine, and above with warm sunflower oil and tie with a bag.
- Before you eat, soak for 4 hours in cold water, put it on the gas stove with water, warm it up and drain it. Repeat 3 times, constantly changing the water, salt should be completely out of the mushrooms.
How to pickle white mushrooms: cold pickling
- Ceps -1 kg
- Rock salt - 1 tbsp. l
- Garlic - 1 head
- Cherry and oak leaves - 10 pcs.
- Dry Dill Seeds
- Take a wooden barrel or a barrel. If not, glass, enamel or ceramic dishes. If you use a wooden keg, you must wash it well and soak it in water for a while.
- Mushrooms must be intact, free from damage. Fill them with cold water and steep for 3 days, so that all the bitter and caustic juice comes out. Soak for 2 days in hot weather, more is undesirable, otherwise they get moldy. Stir them regularly, water change 2 p. per day. Water should be enough. Then drain the mushrooms and let them drain well.
- Scald all the ingredients with boiling water. Then start to lay the leaves first, then the mushrooms with the plates up, with the caps down. Sprinkle everything with rock salt. Then re-lay the layer, salt and so, until the entire container is filled. Place garlic between the layers. Put a yoke on the whole area from above.
- After 40 days, the mushrooms will be ready. During this time you need to monitor the brine. As soon as it starts to evaporate, add salt water on top. If mold appears, remove it with a wooden spoon. It is best to keep the mushrooms in a cool place on the balcony until frost.
How to pickle white mushrooms: hot way
One method of salting porcini mushrooms is the hot method.
- Ceps - 1 kg
- Carnation - 3 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Peppermint - 3 pcs.
- Black currant - 2 sheets
- Dill - 5 g
- Salt - 30 g
- Pour water into the pot, add salt. Put the pot on the fire and boil water.
- Put mushrooms in boiling water and boil them, do not forget to stir constantly. When foam appears, remove it and put all the spices. Boil 25 min.
- As soon as the mushrooms settle to the bottom and the brine becomes transparent, turn it off. Put the mushrooms in the bowl for 3 hours so that they cool down. After that, place in glass jars, sprinkling with salt, and close. The brine should be no more than 1/5 of the weight of the mushrooms themselves. After 45 days, the mushrooms will be ready.
- Store mushrooms for 9 months at 8 degrees.
How to pickle white mushrooms in a dry way?
- White mushrooms - 2 kg
- Salt - 300 g
- The leaves of oak, black currant, cherry - 5 pcs.
- Mushrooms clean and cut into thin plates, lay on a plate. They need a little dry in the sun.
- Then take a basin and mix the mushrooms and salt in it.
- Put the mushrooms in dry clean jars. Lay the mushrooms tightly so that there is no air between them.
- Top with a small layer of salt and close the cans with metal lids.
How to pickle white mushrooms with pre-blanching?
White mushrooms can be salted in this way, but it is rarely used for white mushrooms, although the most simple.
- Ceps - 1.5 kg
- Salt - 75 g
- Dill seeds, horseradish root
- Celery, garlic, currant leaves
- Clean the mushrooms, rinse, put in a colander and put in boiling water for 8 minutes.
- After that, quickly cool them under running cold water and place in a bowl, salt and add seasonings.
- After 10 days, the mushrooms will be ready.
Autumn is a mushroom season, when you can collect a whole basket of delicious white mushrooms. One way to save them for the winter is salting. White mushrooms can be salted in different ways: cold, hot, dry, etc. Each of them is usually used for certain varieties of mushrooms, but for whites everything is suitable. Common in these methods of salting is the need to cook young, clean, without damage, white mushrooms.
Observing the simple rules of preparing white mushrooms for the pickling process, you will get excellent salted white mushrooms, which you can indulge your entire family with long winter evenings!