In Russia, they love salted and lightly salted fish and are often used in this form. The cost of fresh, frozen and chilled salmon is almost two times less than salted fish. In order not to spend much on salted salmon, it can be salted at home. It is fast, easy and inexpensive.
Salmon and trout are among the fattest fish species, so they are tender when salted. Exactly due to the large amount of fat in the fish, it can not be over-salted, because fat absorbs excess salt.
Salting salmon at home: preparation
- Take fresh, frozen or chilled salmon. If you have taken frozen salmon, it must be thawed at room temperature, without using water or heating. After defrosting you need to gut, wash and dry the salmon.
- Take a sharp knife, cut the fins, tail and head. If you want, cut the underbelly, because It is an amateur because of the specific taste. After cutting the salmon along the ridge into 2 parts, remove the ridge and bones.
- You should have two identical salmon fillets. They can be salted whole or cut into pieces. To make it easier to eat, you can cut the salmon into slices.
How to pickle salmon at home?
Salted salmon can be a variety of ways. The main condition for the salmon to be tasty and tender is that the fish must be fresh and of high quality. So that salty fish would not have extraneous smells, Salmon is better to salt in glass or stainless steel dishes.
Salted salmon at home: a recipe
- Salmon - 1 kg
- Granulated sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Salt - 2 tbsp.
- Stir the salt with the sugar and rub the salmon with this mixture from all sides.
- Place the processed salmon in a plate, put a flat saucer on top of the fish, and a small load (for example, a stone) on top of the saucer.
- The fish is put in the fridge for 1.5 days.
- After removing the salmon from the salty-oily brine, place it on paper towels for 2 hours. Salmon should dry out.
- Salmon is ready to eat. Sprinkle salmon with dill and black pepper on top. Salted salmon can be served as a separate dish or with sandwiches.
Salted salmon with dill at home
- Salmon - 1 kg
- Salt - 6 tbsp.
- Granulated sugar - 5 tbsp.
- Dill greens - 200 g
- Mix the sugar and salt and rub the salmon with the mixture on all sides.
- Wash and dry the dill. Put the third part of the dill sprigs on the dishes for salting.
- On top of the dill branch, place one salmon fillet skin face down.
- Put the second third of the sprig of dill on the fillet, and on top put the second fillet of salmon.
- On top of the second fillet of salmon, put the remaining branch of dill.
- Press down the salmon with a flat plate with a small load.
- Leave the salmon for 8 hours at room temperature, then put the fish in the fridge for 2 days.
- Fish is ready to eat!
How to salt salmon with spices at home?
- Salmon - 1 kg
- Salt - 3 tbsp.
- Black pepper peas - 8 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 3 pcs.
- Table vinegar - 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil - 0.5 tbsp.
- Red pepper - 1 tbsp.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Water - 0.7 l
- Separate the salmon fillet from the skin and cut it into small pieces. Put the slices in a bowl.
- Cook the pickle. Pour water into a deep separate vessel, add salt. Stir the salt until completely dissolved.
- Fill the fish with pickle and cover with the load. Leave the salmon at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Drain the brine and pour the salmon with another brine: mix 1 glass of water, vinegar and red pepper.
- In this brine, salmon costs 7 minutes, then drain the brine.
- Cut the onion into rings, add the peppercorns, olive oil and bay leaf to it. Pour salmon with the mixture and leave for 25 minutes.
- Salted salmon is ready to eat!
Supply and storage of salted salmon at home
- As a rule, salted salmon is served as a separate dish - cut into thin slices with lemon slices and fresh greens.
- Salted salmon can make delicious sandwiches, salads or canapes.
- Store salted salmon in the refrigerator for no more than a week.
Enjoy your meal!