Dried and salted chekhon has a stunning aroma! The fish is so popular that it is listed in the Red Book to control the population. But in some areas of the country allowed commercial breeding of sabrefish. It is from there that the fish comes to the store shelves in order to please the gourmets with their delicious taste.
How to salt sabrefish: tips
- Like many other fish of the carp family, sabrefish are often salted. It is believed that there are too many bones in it to cook it in other ways.
- Small carcasses of sabrefish are best salted uncut. Subcutaneous fat of fish will saturate the meat, making it more aromatic and tasty.
Salting Chekhon: the best ways
- First you need to decide on the method of salting. It is dry and wet. In the first case, we use salt, in the second - brine. Salting sabrefish dry method is as follows. Salt is poured into the prepared container. Per 1 kg of fish usually takes 100-150 gr. The thickness of the salt layer should be about 1 cm. On it, the washed and dried carcasses are tightly laid abdomen up.
- Sprinkle with salt. At the bottom should be large fish, on top - small. On capacity we establish freight. Small fish salted in 4 days, large - in 10. Readiness is determined by the color of the eyes and the hardness of the carcass. Chekhon is ready if her juice has ceased to stand out, her eyes have become light red, and her back is flexible and firm to the touch.
- Next, the fish is soaked in water for as many hours as the days it salted. This will bring out excess salt. After soaking, dry them on the table for several hours. Chehon ready for use.
- For wet salting dissolve 1 kg of salt in 3 liters. water. Add 1 tbsp. l sugar to give tenderness to meat. Prepared, as for dry salting, fish poured brine for 4 -7 days. Next, chehon soak and dry.
- Cut the fish into small pieces and put in salted milk, roll in flour or bread crumbs and put in a greased form.
- Top chehon also lubricate with oil. Then put the form with fish in the oven. The temperature should be 180-200 degrees.
- After 12 minutes the fish is ready. Serve it with vegetables, herbs and boiled potatoes. Top sabrefish watered with oil juice from the form.
How to dry sabers?
If you have a lot of freshly caught chekhon, then you can prepare it in the following way.
We clean the ungried fish with water, put it in a container (basin, pan), pour it with large rock salt to the eye. Put the load on top and ship to a cool place for 7-10 days. After the specified period fill the fish with water. Defend within 7-10 hours (the time spent in water should be equal to the time spent under the yoke). We reach and dry the chehon. In a bowl, mix the vegetable unrefined oil and vinegar. Quantity - at your discretion. Gently wipe the fish with an oily mixture. Then hang it to dry for 4-7 days. It is better to lay something on the floor, as juice will drip from the sabrefish.
In order for flies to hang on the dried fish, it should be wrapped with gauze dipped in vinegar.
Salting of sabrefish is a rather popular type of cooking of this type of fish. With this method of preparation, it can be eaten after 4 to 12 days. Also salting of sabrefish is the first stage of drying and withering fish. An alternative method of cooking sabrefish can be considered roasting. Whichever method you choose, the chehon will turn out delicious while respecting the preparation time.