In late summer and autumn, caring housewives are not up to the blues, because this is an active time for harvesting for the winter. However, many people are looking for more interesting recipes, allowing you to see the usual fruit and vegetable assortment in a new role. If for the first time you are interested in how to pickle plums, congratulations: you will find an amazing and pleasant culinary discovery!
In the preparation of plums in this way, the main thing is to have time to remove them for storage. Otherwise, the sweet, and then spicy-sour taste will seem so seductive that nothing will be left for the winter! Pickled plums are a unique product that is used as:
- component of various salads;
- garnish for chicken or meat;
- stuffing for stuffed ducks;
- snack to strong alcoholic beverages.
At the same time, plums are prepared quickly, without adding complex and exotic ingredients.
What kind of plums are suitable for pickling?
When choosing you need to take into account that the fruit in the cooking process is subjected to heat treatment. Therefore, soft varieties immediately exclude: they burst into boiling water. Remain solid:
- Kabardian early (round blue with small bones);
- Hungarian (elongated with yellow pulp);
- whisk (blue with a dryish pulp);
- thorns (small plum);
- eel (dark purple fruits with juicy flesh), etc.
In principle, all varieties of blue plum suitable for pickling.
Compositions for pickling plums
No less varieties and the composition of the marinade. Even with the existence of dozens of recipes, it must include:
- vinegar table;
The latter component plays a special role in pickling plums, as it gives a unique shade of taste. Therefore, the spices must be especially carefully arranged and added, strictly following the recipe. And, of course, do not forget to sterilize well the cans for canning so that labor is not in vain.
Marinated plums: a step by step recipe
Before you begin marinating plums, fruit must be prepared. This stage consists of thoroughly washing the fruit, removing the stone (if desired) and incising each plum in several places to better absorb the marinade.
- 2 kg of blue plum;
- 350 grams of sugar;
- ½ tsp salts;
- 2 small roots of ginger;
- cinnamon stick;
- 6-7 pieces of cloves;
- ½ tsp vanilla sugar;
- 350 ml of table vinegar;
- 350 ml of dry white wine.
- We wash plums well, tear off tails.
- We put crushed ginger root, cloves, granulated sugar, vanillin and salt into a small saucepan.
- Fill table vinegar and white wine, set on a small fire.
- After boiling the syrup, boil it for another 15 minutes, then take out all the spices.
- In a separate pan, boil filtered water and throw plums into it for a couple of minutes, after having pierced them with a toothpick.
- Put the plums in the jars, add the marinade, close the lids.
- Plums are ready in 2-3 weeks.
Garlic Pickled Plum
In addition to cooking plums, marinated for the winter, there are recipes suitable for eating fruit immediately after cooking. For example, plum marinated with garlic.
- 700 g blue plums;
- 400 ml of boiled filtered water;
- 50 ml of table vinegar;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- 3-4 pieces of bay leaf;
- salt (to taste);
- 200 g of sugar;
- 6 black peppercorns;
- 4 pieces of carnations.
- Washed plums incise and get bones.
- Garlic peel and cut the teeth in half.
- We invest half a piece of garlic in each fruit.
- We pour the cloves, bay leaves and black pepper into sterilized jars.
- Putting plums in cans.
- In a saucepan, mix sugar, water and vinegar, boil, salt.
- Pour plums with syrup, insist about 20-25 minutes, pour back into the pan.
- Boil marinade 5 minutes, again pour into jars and close the lids. Upside down bottom banks leave to cool.
This recipe can be used for "quick" dishes. That is, do not roll up the banks, and when they cool down, tightly tighten the tight lids and eat immediately after the plums have cooled.
Plums marinated snack bars
Those who love spices and spices, will be interested in a marinade recipe for plums with anise.
- 400 g solid plums;
- 2 tbsp. filtered water;
- 5 tbsp. l apple (or table) vinegar;
- 200 g of sugar;
- 4 peas of black and allspice;
- 4 leaves of dried Lavrushka;
- 4 small carnations;
- 3 tbsp. l cognac;
- 1 pc anise.
- Pour water into a small saucepan and add sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- When the mixture boils, add peppers and anise.
- Boil until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Then add brandy and remove from heat.
- We wash the washed plums into a separate saucepan and shift it with lavrushka and slightly mashed cloves.
- Marinade pour in fruit and insist 3 hours.
- At this time, 2 times pour the syrup and, after boiling, pour the plums over it again.
- The last time laid out on the banks of the plum is poured with marinade and covered with lids.
This recipe is also good because plums can be used in dishes immediately after cooking.
Marinated Plums to Meat
For meat dishes, especially for poultry, a side dish of crispy plums marinated in honey is just amazing.
- 600 g plums (better to take the elastic Hungarian);
- 1 small cinnamon stick;
- 5-6 pieces of cloves;
- 400 g of liquid honey.
- Wash plums and dry.
- Grind spices in a coffee grinder.
- In the banks lay out the plums, sprinkling them with cloves with cinnamon.
- Fill the fruit with honey, roll up the jars or close the sealed lids.
- To plums soaked with honey, after closing the banks need to roll on the floor.
Please note that plums in this marinade are stored only in the refrigerator, and only 3-4 months.
Plum eel pickled: recipe
If you and your household are fans of pickled plums, then try the recipe of canned eel.
- 4-4.5 kg eel;
- 2-2.5 kg of sugar;
- 700 ml of vinegar;
- 5 g bay leaf;
- 5 g black peppercorns;
- 2 tbsp. l salts;
- 5 liters of water.
- We wash plums, we pin them with a fork or a toothpick.
- Pour filtered water into an enamel saucepan or basin and add sugar, salt, sweet pepper and pepper. We put on fire.
- When the mixture boils, pour in the vinegar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour marinade plums.
- Once a day for 5 days, decant the plums, boil the syrup and pour into the fruit again.
- Then put the plums in the jars, pour in the hot marinade and close the lids.
Each housewife has a chance to choose their own recipe, suggesting how to pickle plums. Indeed, in each version there is a certain zest, which turns the fruit into an exquisite ingredient of dishes. In addition, the plums in the marinade can be eaten separately - a bouquet of their taste will not leave anyone indifferent and will surely inspire memories of lavish summer and autumn days.