Onions - a culture that grows on the beds in almost every household and is used daily for food, either raw, cooked or fried. Onions as food have been known to humanity for more than 5 thousand years. In the modern world, in addition to use in cooking, it is also in demand in medicine and various scientific studies. An ordinary person is interested in onions primarily as a seasoning, spicy flavor additive, snack. So let's talk about how to pickle onions for kebabs.
How to pickle onions for kebabs: cooking tips
Marinating - the process of soaking products before the main preparation in a mixture of acid (it can be vinegar, wine, natural juices), vegetable oil, salt and seasonings. Marinade gives meat, vegetables and fish juiciness, flavor, softness.
Pickled onions - this is very tasty, a godsend for those who can not afford to eat this vegetable raw. To properly marinate onions, you need to listen to such advice from experienced chefs:
- for pickling we take only fresh vegetables;
- dishes for marinade can be enameled, ceramic or glass;
- when marinating whole onions, it is better to use selected vegetables of the same size and maturity so that they are evenly soaked;
- usually the marinade contains water, vegetable oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, lemon juice, herbs, garlic, black pepper and other spices;
- remove any bitter onion with acidic compounds such as vinegar, lemon juice, wine;
- the finer the onion cut, the sooner it will be ready for use.
Pickled onions with vinegar
- 4-5 pieces medium sized bulbs;
- cold water - 250 ml;
- vinegar 9% - 70 g;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 0.5 tbsp. l .;
- greens at will.
- Clean the husks and wash the onions.
- Cut thin half rings.
- Take cold water and dissolve sugar, salt, vinegar in it.
- Put onion into a container and pour the marinade.
- Close the bowl tightly and soak in the cold for 30 minutes.
- Pickled onions are ready, you can eat.
This is a quick way to pickle onions, which will suit both the salad, and kebabs, and fried potatoes with meat. The main thing in this recipe is not to use boiling water for making marinade, but to draw onions in cold water. Since when scalding it with boiling water, there is a specific smell of boiled onions.
Recipe for a winter picnic
- onions - 500 g;
- white wine vinegar - 400 ml;
- red wine vinegar - 100 ml;
- water - 800 ml;
- salt - 100 g;
- Peel the onions and rinse them under running water.
- In the water dissolve the salt.
- Fill with saline small onion bulbs.
- Cover the bow with a lid so that it is under the yoke, completely immersed in the brine.
- Leave the vegetables to marinate for 24 hours.
- Prepare the banks: wash, sterilize.
- In each jar we put peppercorns (5-7 pieces) and several coriander seeds.
- Mix two types of vinegar in a separate container.
- Put the prepared onion into sterile jars and pour the mixture with vinegar.
- On the specified weight of vegetables should go vinegar as much as given in the recipe.
- We pick up pickled onions in jars for winter and store them in a cool dark place.
Such marinated onions with wine vinegar, with a delicate pleasant taste and smell, will be indispensable to a kebab at a winter picnic. However, not everyone likes vinegar, so marinate the onions to the kebab in lemon juice.
Onion in lemon juice
- large onion head - 1 pc .;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- water - 50 ml;
- granulated sugar - 1 tsp;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- sunflower oil - 1 tsp;
- greens at will and taste.
- Peeled washed onion cut into semi-wheeled and spread in a deep bowl.
- Squeeze out the juice from the lemon, dilute with water and add salt, granulated sugar, vegetable oil.
- Fill chopped onion with marinade sauce at room temperature.
- This is a quick way to marinate, but it is better to leave the onions in the marinade mixture for 5-6 hours.
How to pickle onions in wine vinegar with beetroot juice?
- onions - 3-4 pcs. medium size;
- beets - 1 pc .;
- wine vinegar - 100 g;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- a mixture of peppers - 1 tsp.
- Peeled washed onions cut rings.
- Shred small beets with a neat straw and place them in a container of prepared onions.
- Wine vinegar diluted with water in the ratio 1: 1, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade vegetables.
- Day insist onions with beets in a dark cool place.
Barbecue with vegetables on the grill
Prepare a light delicious kebab, in which the meat is replaced with vegetables. The main thing is not to overcook the vegetables on the grill, since the kebab after the marinade is almost ready to eat.
- 2-3 eggplants;
- 2 pcs. Bulgarian sweet pepper;
- 4 onions;
- zucchini - 2 pcs .;
- olive oil - 4 tbsp. l .;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- Balsamic vinegar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l without slides;
- spice mix.
- Prepare the vegetables: wash them under running water, clean the onions, peppers.
- Eggplant, zucchini, onion and pepper will be cut large, because well-marinated vegetables will be fried quickly, and this size of the pieces will save them from burning.
- Preheat the olive oil in a pan and fry all the vegetables separately: first eggplants, then onions and peppers.
- Put the roasted vegetables in a deep glass bowl, salt, season with spices, grated garlic, balsamic vinegar.
- All gently mix and leave to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pickled vegetables strung on skewers or spread on a wire rack and fry on charcoal to an appetizing crust for about five minutes.
- Vegetables for juiciness grease marinade, in which they insisted.
Marinated onions for meat in soy sauce
- bulbs - 5 pcs .;
- vegetable oil - 0.5 st .;
- soy sauce - 250 ml.
- Peel the onions, wash them and cut into thin rings.
- Fill with soy sauce and mix.
- While the bow is infused, prepare the oil.
- Boil the vegetable oil in a saucepan and immediately pour the onion in a soy sauce.
- In a few hours it will be the perfect side dish for kebabs.
In conclusion, you should say that pickling onions should only be based on your own taste preferences, and which marinade helps to improve the perception of your favorite dishes, can only be determined by trial and error. Good luck and bon appetit!