Few people know that the Georgians were at one time a basic element of Russian traditional cuisine. These mushrooms were used to make appetizers, salads, soups, and pies. In the absence of refrigerators, milk mushrooms were often salted. This method of preparation has many features that are important to know and modern hostess. With the help of salt salads you can significantly diversify the daily diet.
Milk has a rather unusual taste. In addition, like any other mushrooms, they are useful due to the high protein content. In the shops of milk mushrooms can be found not so often. If you want to pamper your home with these mushrooms, you can search for them yourself in the forest. The earliest types of moorie begin to grow as early as August. You can meet them in mixed forests. They prefer to hide under the foliage and needles. Mushrooms are interesting because they grow by clearing. Therefore, you can quickly collect the whole bucket.
Finding milk in a store or in a forest is easy. They have a round hat with a notch under which there is a small fringe. Often there are droplets of sharp-smelling juice on it.
How to pickle mushrooms?
Milk mushrooms are interesting because they are considered inedible mushrooms all over the world. Do not be afraid of this fact. In the CIS countries they are actively used for food. The fact is that an important part of cooking mushrooms is soaking for several days. This makes milk mushrooms suitable for food.
Salt milk mushrooms is not so difficult. As in many other types of product blanks, there are 2 types of pickling - hot and cold. It is believed that the 2nd version makes the mushrooms more tender and tasty. At the same time, the duration of salting can reach several weeks and even months!
Hostesses who ponder how to properly pickle milk mushrooms should pay attention to the preparation of mushrooms. Unfortunately, this is the main difficulty. Whatever type of pickling you choose, you should pre-stock up with a sponge for dishes and unnecessary toothbrush.
To start, wash off the ground and foliage from the mushrooms. Then change the water and proceed to a more thorough cleaning. To do this, go through all the dark places with a brush or sponge. During the cleaning process, water should be changed. You should also remove all suspicious places - darkening, traces of blows, rotting pieces. Then you need to go to the next stage of preparation - soaking. It is believed that the mushrooms should stand in water for at least 3 days. The best is the duration of 5 days. Remember that all this time the mushrooms must be completely submerged. Therefore, it is advisable to prepare a small press. The easiest way to put milk mushrooms in the basin, pour water on it, and cover with the top on it. It should put a load.
There is a popular method to determine that soaking is done correctly. Take a piece of loading and cut. Then try a cut on the tongue. Properly soaked mushroom will not be bitter. After you have soaked the mushrooms, you should go to the pickling. Its appearance should be determined by how quickly you want ready-made milk mushrooms.
Salting dry seeds: recipes
The longest option is a cold ambassador.
- Milk - 1 bucket
- Salt - 1 tbsp.
- From 1 bucket of mushrooms for this salting recipe (weight is approximately 5 kg) you will get about 4-5 700-liter jars.
- For starters, milk mushrooms must be cleaned of dirt. Rinse, changing water several times. Cut off all bad places. Rinse again.
- Mushrooms cut into portions. It is best to form the slices, cutting the pile into small triangles along the radius of the cap.
- Pour the chopped mushrooms in clean water. Milk will begin to emerge, so prepare the load. Cover the container with a large-diameter flat plate or lid, and place a jar filled with water on top. The load should not be very heavy.
- We put the chopped mushrooms soaked for 5 days. During this time, you need to ensure that the water is not spoiled. Therefore it is worth changing it every day.
- After 5 days, the water is once again drained, rinsed, and the mushrooms. Then carefully inspect the pieces and cut the spoiled places.
- Then rinse the mushrooms and again pour into the basin. Top it with salt. It should be non-iodized stone. Otherwise, milk mushrooms can turn black.
- Stir the mushrooms. Put a heavy load on top. In this form, milk mushrooms should stand for 3 more days. Mushrooms need to be mixed periodically, because they will produce juice.
- After 3 days, the mushrooms are mixed again. Then small banks of 500-800 ml are sterilized. Milk mushrooms densely rammed into the banks, pouring brine. The easiest way to do this is by wearing rubber gloves. Banks closed with plastic or screw caps. Then milk mushrooms put on salting in the refrigerator.
How many days to salt mushrooms?
If you chose a recipe for cold pickling, then milk mushrooms should be salted for about 1.5 - 2 months. There is also a faster option - a hot ambassador. It allows you to cook a mushroom snack in just 30 days.
- Marinade on 1 l. water:
- Black Pepper - 20 Peas
- Bay and currant leaves - 1 pc. (or to taste)
- Salt - 2 tbsp. l
- Garlic and horseradish - to taste
- According to this recipe, you can salt whole milk mushrooms. First you need to wash the mushrooms with a sponge or toothbrush. Then they are rinsed and allowed to stand in clear water for at least 3 hours.
- Then heat the water and salt it. Mushrooms are placed before boiling. Milk brewed for 25 minutes. Then the pot is removed from the heat.
- Add mushrooms to the mushrooms. Then put the pot under the yoke for 5 days. Mushrooms must be completely covered with liquid. At the same time, the weight of the cargo should not be deformed.
- After that, you need to decompose the milk in sterilized banks. From above, the billet is poured with a small amount of vegetable oil. It is necessary so that the mushrooms do not react with the air.
- Banks are closed and put in a dark cool place for 30 days.
Some tips for those who decided to pickle milk mushrooms for the winter:
- Mushrooms can be harvested in wooden, glass and stainless dishes. Before salting, wash it thoroughly with hot water.
- When salting should be used only rock salt. It should be big.
- When salting, pay attention to the type of mushrooms. So black milk mushrooms soak the day. And whites - 2 days. If you salt both species, they are also kept in water for 48 hours.
- If you overdosed the mushrooms, you can soak them in milk. This method is interesting in that the Milks will retain their delicate structure. When using water, on the contrary, they become too tasteless.
- Do not be alarmed if the mushrooms turn purple or greenish. This is a normal chemical reaction, which depends on many factors.
- Salt milk mushrooms better by sending the caps of mushrooms down. This will help keep their shape and avoid deformation.
How to pickle dry milk mushrooms? Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and let them steep for several days. During this time, you will need to change the water several times. Then the mushrooms are salted with cold or hot salting. In the 1st case, the mushrooms are sprinkled with salt and allowed to form for the juice. In the 2nd - boil the mushrooms for 20 minutes and then pour the prepared brine. For cold pickles, mushrooms should be kept for about 60 days, and for hot, 30 is enough.