Crispy pickles are not just great food and a great snack. Our love for them has been tested for centuries and remains unchanged ... The time has come to salt!
How tasty pickle cucumbers?
According to the testimony of archaeologists, people harvested products for future use in ancient times. The epochs are changing, but we continue to stock mushrooms, berries and vegetables. Dry, smoke, marinate, freeze, and finally add salt.
Many roll banks with special enthusiasm and inspiration. The result of this exciting activity is delicious pickles!
The fragrant crispy cucumbers served to the table always deserve great attention.
- Despite the fact that the hostesses exchange the tricks of pickling, the cucumbers taste different for everyone. As if a piece of the soul is embedded in the execution of each recipe. In this lies the first secret of salting delicious cucumbers. In addition to a proven recipe, you will definitely need warmth. If you have a bad mood, do not take up the preparation of blanks, they will be unsuccessful!
- The second, very important secret is clean tara. Ideally, you should have an oak barrel or tub, which should be scalded with boiling water. But in a residential environment they usually use clean glass, enamel ware or even a plastic bag.
- The third secret is a good variety of cucumbers. Take it seriously. Do not take varieties for salad. Cucumber varieties have delicate thin skin and high sugar content, which is very important for the quality of salting. The best grade - Nezhinsky. Also well suitable varieties Rodnichok, Murom.
- The fourth secret is lucky spices. Earlier, when pickled cucumbers in oak barrels, they were especially tasty. Therefore, do not forget about oak leaves now. A classic set of herbs: horseradish, garlic, dill, currant leaves, oak and cherry. You can add celery, basil, mint, marjoram, oregano, bay leaf. Prepare spices right before salting, otherwise they will wither, lose their essential oils and, consequently, many useful properties. Do not put too many herbs; make sure their stems are rough enough. Add more garlic, it reduces the fragility of cucumbers.
- The fifth secret is storage by the rules. When salted in cucumbers accumulates lactic acid, which is a preservative. If the acids are few, then at high temperatures they become soft and lose their taste. Therefore, be sure to keep pickles in the cold. The lower the storage temperature, the better. The best is +1 degree. In a dry, cold place, for example, in a cellar cucumbers can be stored for years.
- The sixth secret is the quality of the water used. In soft water, cucumbers lose elasticity, and in hard water they acquire a metallic taste. The best cucumbers are obtained in spring water.
- The seventh secret is sorting cucumbers by size. Small ones will become salty faster, large ones - slower. So take vegetables for pickling about the same size. Small cucumbers (less than 7 cm) and large (more than 13 cm) are not suitable.
How to pickle cucumbers in a package?
Quick and easy to prepare crispy, fragrant and very tasty salted cucumbers can be salted directly in a plastic bag!
- Young cucumbers - 1 kg
- Garlic - 1 head
- Salt - 1 tbsp.
- Currant leaves and cherries
- Horseradish root
- Carnation (2-3 buds)
- Allspice (2-3 peas).
- It is better to pickle vegetables right on the day they are picked. It is said that the cucumbers will turn out crisp if they are gathered on the new moon or in the first quarter of the lunar phase.
- Wash the cucumbers and cut off their tips. Cut the garlic into small pieces,
- put cucumbers, spices and greens in the package, salt the food, and not iodized salt. Shake several times to ensure that the filling is evenly distributed. Tie up the package. Put it in one more so as not to leak. Leave 4 hours at room temperature.
- Store ready-salted cucumbers only in the refrigerator.
- If it is hot in your kitchen, they will salt it much faster, if it is cool, let it stand longer. Cooking time for salted cucumbers also depends on their size - the smaller they are, the faster they sabotage.
- In order to pickle cucumbers even faster, for example, in 3 minutes, cut them into slices, so that later it is convenient to take them with a fork. And do the rest, as prescribed above.
Learn to make delicious pickles, and you will always have something to surprise the guests, even if they come to you completely unexpectedly. Bon appetit to you and your loved ones!