Marinated aspen mushrooms are very tasty and tender, which you can cook in several different ways. For example, by pouring marinated boiled mushrooms or boiling mushrooms in a marinade. Each hostess will be able to choose for themselves a more suitable option.
Marinated aspen mushrooms: a classic recipe
Aspen mushrooms are distinguished by one interesting feature that must be taken into account when carrying out their processing - they are able to change their color during the separation into individual slices of pulp. Therefore, if you want the mushrooms to preserve an attractive appearance while cooking, you need to pre-dilute some vinegar or salt in plain cold water and place them in it immediately after cutting them.
- Aspen mushrooms - 1 kg
- Bulb onion - 3-5 pcs.
- Boiled water - 500 g
- Bay leaf - 2-3 pcs.
- Vinegar 30% - 5-6 tbsp. l
- Sugar - ½ tsp.
- Cooking salt (not iodized) - 1.75-2 Art. l
- Black and allspice peas - 6-8 pcs.
- First, we prepare the mushrooms - carefully remove all the garbage and immediately, without hesitation, thoroughly wash them in salted water. In this case, you should try to avoid a strong glut of hats.
- Mushroom caps cut into several pieces, cut the legs into slices. If the caps and legs are very small, you can leave them whole.
- Fill the saucepan with water and put the mushrooms into it, while in the water you need to dissolve a small amount of salt in advance.
- We put the saucepan on the stove and boil the mushrooms on minimal heat, periodically gently stirring so that they do not burn. The most important thing is for the aspen to make juice.
- Cook the mushrooms for about 10 minutes, then add all the spices and onions, which we pre-cut into not very thick ringlets. Then boil another 5 minutes.
- After this time, pour vinegar into a saucepan with mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms in the sterilized jars and pour the marinade, then cover the containers with lids.
- Sterilize the jars for about another 20-40 minutes (time is determined by the size of the jars).
- If you are planning long-term storage of pickled aspen mushrooms, then you need to roll up the cans with iron lids, and simple plastic lids will be enough for the refrigerator.
- In the event that you decide to independently marinate aspen mushrooms, you should consider the fact that these mushrooms have legs that are much denser than caps. That is why, during the heat treatment, it is worth remembering that they need a little more time than for hats. But you can use a little trick - just cut them into small pieces.
We do the preparation for the winter
- Black pepper bitter and fragrant - 6-8 peas
- Bay leaf - 2-3 pcs.
- Vinegar 9% - 30-35 g
- Citric acid - 0.3 g
- Salt - 40-45 g
- Aspen mushrooms - 1 kg
- To make the harvesting for the winter, you need to choose only strong and young aspen mushrooms.
- We sort out all the mushrooms and completely clear them of debris, dirt, soil, needles, remove the roots, and leave a not very long leg near the cap (about 1-2 cm).
- Wash the prepared mushrooms thoroughly with cold water. Then very large caps will have to be cut into several pieces, and small ones can be left intact.
- If you are going to pickle a lot of mushrooms, then first sort them into small and large ones.
- It is worth remembering that aspen birds can quickly darken and lose their flavor. That is why after cleaning you need as soon as possible to carry out heat treatment.
- Once you rinse all the mushrooms, put them in a prepared saucepan and add a little water, add a small amount of salt.
- We put the saucepan on the stove, fasten the fire to the minimum and cook, do not forget to interfere from time to time.
- During cooking, a foam will appear on the surface of the mushroom broth, which needs to be periodically removed, since it cannot be allowed to settle on the mushrooms while reclining them in a colander.
- As soon as the mushroom broth becomes completely transparent, it is necessary to add a little vinegar, citric acid and spices to the mushrooms. Now you need to wait until the mushrooms are completely cooked - they will have to sink to the bottom of the saucepan.
- We transfer the cooked mushrooms to the previously sterilized cans, pour the marinade almost to the top.
- Then we cover the jars with mushrooms with sterilized lids and sterilize again for 15 minutes. If you close the aspen mushrooms into one-liter jars, then sterilization is carried out for 20 minutes.
- Now we roll up the cans with lids and turn them upside down to check for leaks. Next cans wrap a towel, you can use a blanket.
- After the jars of pickled orange-cap boar have completely cooled down, you need to move them to a cool place. They must be stored at a temperature not higher than 5 degrees.
How to pickle aspen mushrooms: important points
Before you start to pickle mushrooms, you need to first sort out and sort them out - remove all trash, then rinse thoroughly with plain running water. Unlike other species, aspen birds will need to be washed several times.
As soon as you finish preparing the mushrooms, they should be boiled in lightly salted water for half an hour. Determination of readiness is easy - they begin to gradually settle to the bottom of the pan. However, it is necessary to take into account the fact that it is impossible to boil young and old mushrooms together, as the old ones digest more quickly.
After the aspen mushrooms are fully prepared, we put them in a colander, wait until they are completely cooled. Then we remove the mushrooms in a separate container and pour them in layers of salt, adding a mixture of pepper and favorite spices (for example, you can mix garlic, dill and bay leaf) of the total volume of mushrooms, the salt should be about 4%.
In order to preserve the taste of mushrooms as much as possible, while cooking an aspen, you can use simple tricks. For this purpose, first, the mushrooms are not only sorted, but also dried, then mixed with salt (about 200 g per kg of mushrooms) and dried in the sun.
Then the mushrooms are transferred to the cans or placed in a plastic container or closed with tin lids (you can use a simple cellophane, folded in several layers). The most important thing is to ensure that no air jams form between the mushrooms. To do this, they are packed in a sufficiently dense layer and are left for several days so that they can be steeped. After that, they are rolled with lids and placed in storage in the basement or immediately fed to the table.
The simplicity and ease of cooking aspen mushrooms makes this dish incredibly popular. And this is not at all surprising, since even an inexperienced young hostess who does not possess any special culinary skills will be able to cope with this task. The main thing is to prepare the mushrooms so that they are stored as long as possible.