Avocado(or "alligator pear") - an exotic fruit with delicate light green flesh and hard dark green peel. The avocado is shaped like a pear, inside of which is a large round bone. He began to grow the Aztecs in 3 thousand BC. Then the avocado was called "aukatl", which means "oil of the forest".
Avocado tastes like butter and has a nutty flavor. It contains a large amount of monounsaturated fats, vitamin E, D and B, potassium, phosphorus, iron and many more nutrients.
Avocado pulp is often used to prepare a variety of dishes. Therefore, many housewives have a question -how to peel avocados?
Do avocados clean?
- Avocados are peeled, but not always. If you do not use avocado pulp for cooking, you can avoid peeling avocados. In this case, it will be enough to cut the avocado into two halves, carefully remove the bone, scrape out the avocado pulp with a spoon and eat.
- If you want to make an avocado dish, it is recommended to clean it, to make it easier to use the pulp. The pulp in this case is cut into cubes or straws, then added to the dish.
Note:The skin and bone of the avocado is not edible, so do not even try to try these components of avocado.
How to clean the avocado?
- First of all, check if you bought ripe ripe avocados. To do this, hold the fruit in the palm - it should be soft, but not too.
- Cut it with a sharp knife in half in a circle from top to bottom. Cut until you hit a bone.
- Divide the avocado into 2 halves, turning the halves in different directions. If the avocado is ripe, it will be easy to do.
- Carefully cut the bone.
- Make a knife cut in the peel from top to bottom on one half. Pick up the avocado peel and slowly remove it. Do the same with the other half.
- To keep the flesh dark, sprinkle it with lemon juice.
- When you peel an avocado, it can be eaten or cooked from it.
Peeled Avocado Dishes
To diversify your life, try cooking some avocado dish. Here are some recipes.
Salmon and avocado sandwich
- Wheat baguette - 2 slices
- Avocado - 1/3 pcs.
- Salmon fillet - 40 g
- Cream cheese - 2 tbsp.
- Lemon - 2 slices
- Arugula - for decoration
- Take 2 slices of bread and spread cream cheese on it.
- Place a few pieces of salmon on each slice.
- Peel the avocados and cut them into thin slices. Slices of avocado lay on top of salmon.
- Put 2 slices of lemon on top of the avocado.
- Put a little arugula on each slice of bread.
- Connect two slices of bread. In the end, you get a delicious sandwich with salmon and avocado.
Salad with avocado and salmon
- Avocado Pulp - 100 g
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Salmon - 70 g
- Iceberg lettuce - 50 g
- Shrimp - 10 pcs.
- Arugula - 40 g
- Hard cheese - 150 g
- Olive oil - to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the tomato into cubes.
- Peel the avocados and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Finely tear leaf salad.
- Cut the salmon in small pieces.
- Grate the cheese on a fine grater.
- Fry the shrimp in butter until golden brown.
- Mix all ingredients, except shrimp, in a separate bowl, season with olive oil, add salt and pepper. Mix everything.
- Place a salad tin in the serving plate and tamp the cooked salad in it. Carefully remove the mold and garnish the salad with the fried shrimp.
- Salad garnish with arugula and grated cheese.
- An alternative recipe for avocado and salmon salad?
- Diet shrimp and avocado salad?
Avocado Salad Vegetarian
- Avocado - 1 pc.
- Red salad onion - 1 pc.
- Hard cheese - 150 g
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Green Salad - 1 bunch
- Vegetable oil - for refueling
- Salt - to taste
- Lemon juice - for refueling
- Peel the avocados and cut the flesh into cubes. Drizzle avocado pulp with lemon juice.
- Peel the red onion and finely chop it.
- Grate the grated cheese.
- Dice the tomato.
- Pick some lettuce leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl, season with vegetable oil and salt.
With regular avocado consumption, cholesterol levels are significantly reduced, it has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system and improves memory. This fruit produces collagen in the skin, which prevents the appearance of wrinkles. Remains only learn how to clean the avocado!