Crispy, airy Greek livers, called for by brushwood, have become part of the tradition of Russian cuisine in the 18th century. The name of the delicacy was precisely due to the characteristic crunch, without which it would be impossible to eat a twig.
In order for cookies to turn out as they should, that is, light, airy, crispy, with a golden crust, you must observe the recipe for making dough. For brittleness and airiness, alcohol (alcohol, rum, vodka) is usually added to the dough. And nonalcoholic brushwood will make air milk, sour cream, eggs. Let's find out how to make the dough on the brushwood?
A couple of good tips to get you started.
Before you make the dough on the wood, decide on what recipe you will do it. You also need to adhere to some technological rules for making sweets.
- Do not make the dough too sweet, that is, put a lot of sugar. Because of this, during the frying process, the brushwood may acquire not a golden, but a brownish tint. As a sweetener, it is better to pull the twigs with powdered sugar.
- The less liquid in the dough, the better the cookie crunch.
- Roll out the dough need thin.
- The shape of the cookies does not matter, but traditionally it is long, narrow stripes, "twigs", "pretzels", "bows", "knots".
- Fry brushwood should be deep-fried. Ideally, it is melted butter, animal fat, olive oil. From margarine, sunflower is better to refuse, in extreme cases - refined lean.
- After frying, cookies are laid out on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
Against the classics you will not go!
- egg yolk - 5 pcs .;
- milk - 5 tbsp. l .;
- alcohol - 1-2 tbsp. l .;
- gram of salt;
- Wheat flour.
Note: note that there is no sugar in the classic recipe. After brushing or dipping into honey, sweetness becomes a brush.
- Mix yolks, milk, vodka and salt in containers, mix well.
- Bringing the mixture to homogeneity, you can begin to gradually introduce flour until the dough does not cease to stick to the hands.
- Roll out a thin cake. Cut into strips 2x8 cm wide, make "twigs".
- When the oil in the saucepan is hot, you can fry.
In addition to the classic recipe test for brushwood, there are others. Imagine some.
Dough for brushwood on kefir
- kefir - 250 ml;
- egg - 2 pcs .;
- baking soda - 0.5 tsp;
- sugar - 5 tbsp. l (or to taste);
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 3 tbsp.
- The dough for brushwood on kefir includes all the above ingredients. First mix sugar with eggs. Then pour kefir and butter. Next - soda and vanilla. Everything mixes well.
- Flour is added to the mixture in small portions until the dough is ready.
- Rolled dough is cut into small diamonds. In the center of each is a cut through which one of the corners turns.
- Grilling as usual.
- Powder sprinkled before serving.
Puff pastry brushwood
- margarine - 200 g;
- egg - 1 pc .;
- sour cream (kefir, yogurt) - 100 ml;
- a pinch of salt;
- flour - 500 g;
Note: Puff pastry brushwood can be made faster if you use store dough (ready). It is enough to roll out, drag with vanilla, crush again, roll again, cut, form cookies and fry.
- Margarine mixed with flour.
- Then they go there: chicken yolk, sour milk, salt and vanilla.
- Knead the dough until you stop sticking to your hands.
- Give the dough "rest" in the fridge.
- Roll out cakes, form cookies. Then everything, as in the previous method.
Brushwood from the batter
- egg - 1 pc .;
- milk (liquid sour cream, cream) - ¾ st .;
- melted butter - 1-2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 100 g
Note: in order to fry the liquid dough, you need to use special baking tins: a curly nozzle with a long stem (for safe dipping in hot fat). This is the most time-consuming cooking method.
- Mix flour and sugar. Then alternately, gently add milk, egg, butter, do not forget to stir constantly.
- Insist the dough in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan for frying. There we drop the cooking tins and warm up for a couple of minutes.
- We transfer the red-hot mold to the container with the dough and dip it to the middle of the height of the form. Quickly move the mold back into the boiling oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
Brushwood is a very tasty cookie that children and adults alike want to eat. Unable to stop until the plate is empty! Using one of the proposed recipes, you can pamper your household with delicious at any time. By the way, the average caloric value of the product is about 280 kcal.