Crushed potatoes - a traditional dish on any festive and everyday table. But the secret of cooking this dish is for everyone. Ask ten people how they prepare it, and you get completely different answers. Some people prefer to add milk, garlic and herbs, others like mashed potatoes with egg. In this article we will look at how to make mashed potatoes with milk, so that it is tender and airy.
How to make mashed potatoes with milk: tips from experienced hostesses
Despite the fact that cooking crushed potatoes is an easy procedure, for some housewives the mashed potatoes look lumpy and too thick. What is the catch? Why sometimes it turns out tasteless and unleavened crushed potatoes? The answers to these questions are simple and have long been known to experienced hostesses.
So, for making fragrant and airy mashed potatoes there are several secrets:
- In order to crush a potato without lumps, it must be well boiled. The readiness of the tubers can be checked with a knife or fork.
- Everybody knows the catch phrase - “you won't spoil the porridge with butter”, it can be safely attributed to crushed potatoes. Butter gives potatoes a rich, pleasant taste. The ideal proportions are 100 grams of oil per 500 grams of potatoes.
- To make the mash airy, experienced housewives are advised to beat it by hand without modern kitchen appliances. It is believed that in this way a sufficient amount of oxygen enters the dish, which makes it very lush and tender.
- The color of the finished mashed potatoes directly depends on the selected potato variety. Yellow starch tubers give the dish a pleasant shade of the same color. White varieties of potatoes get snowy air mash.
To give the dish a special savory taste, you can also add fried bacon, garlic and various greens in the puree - here, each housewife chooses ingredients at her own discretion.
Dairy flavor mashed potatoes: recipe
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 100 g butter;
- 100-150 ml of milk;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Potatoes need to be washed and peeled.
- Experienced housewives are advised to cut the potato tubers into pieces - so he quickly boil.
- Put the potato pieces in a saucepan, salt and cover with water. Ensure that there is enough water. Ideally, it should cover potatoes 1-2 cm.
- Put the saucepan on the stove and cook until the potatoes are ready. Experienced cooks advise to check the readiness of the tubers with a fork - soft potatoes are easily punctured and do not remain on the cutlery.
- 5 minutes before the potatoes are ready, you need to bring the milk almost to the boil. It should be hot enough so that the mash does not become grayish.
- From the pan you need to carefully drain the water and add to the potato butter, chopped into pieces.
- Getting to the kneading potatoes. It is best to use the usual hand-talker for this. Puree, whipped blender, get too thick and sticky.
- In the process of turning potatoes into mashed potatoes, milk should be added in small portions as needed. This is to ensure that the mash does not turn out to be too liquid.
- Beat the potatoes up to a uniform consistency, carefully tracking the presence of lumps.
- Ready mashed potatoes served hot with meat or fish.
Cooking mashed egg
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 100-150 g of butter;
- 2 fresh eggs;
- Bay leaf;
- black peppercorns;
- salt to taste
- Before cooking potatoes should be washed, peeled, pour water and bring to a boil.
- When the potatoes boil, you need to remove the foam, salt and add bay leaf and peppercorns. It is necessary to cook until ready for about 30 minutes
- From the pan in a separate bowl, drain the water and remove the bay leaf and pepper.
- Add the butter to the potatoes, cut into not too large pieces, a little broth and make mashed potatoes.
- When the mashed potatoes are sufficiently homogeneous and have an airy consistency, you should add fresh eggs, mix everything quickly and thoroughly.
- Finished crushed potatoes can be served with meat sauce.
Calorie ready mashed potatoes directly depends on the ingredients in its composition. So, for example, mashed potatoes, prepared for dietary nutrition in various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract based on milk and butter, contain 90 Kcal per 100 g of product, which also include:
- fats - 3.3 g;
- protein - 2.1 g;
- carbohydrates - 13.7 g
Such a puree is very useful not only for people on a diet, but also for children. Indeed, in addition to the nutrients, it contains vitamins of various groups and trace elements necessary for the growing organism.
Mashed potatoes, cooked without milk and butter, contain the smallest amount of calories - 63 Kcal per 100 g. This is almost half as much as that of potatoes boiled in the peel.
Crushed potatoes with egg, milk and butter contains 84 Kcal / 100 g. These also include:
- fats - 2.7 g;
- proteins - 2.6 g;
- carbohydrates - 13 g
Delicious real mashed potatoes contains a large number of calories. Of course, you can not add extraneous fats in the form of butter, eggs and milk, but then the taste of the dish will be completely different.
As you can see, cooking lush and tasty mashed potatoes is very simple. Suffice it to master the basic aspects of cooking and follow the recipe. Crushed potatoes - a healthy and nutritious dish! Enjoy your meal!