Each of us has our favorite dishes. And most often, their taste is what we remember from childhood. Then, of course, we are trying to reproduce the recipe in our kitchen, wondering how we can get so different tastes from the same ingredients. Many of us remember the menu from the school canteen: rich pea soup, buns, pigtails, gravy for pasta without meat and with meat, which was whipped with bread to the remainder. Just the "table" gravy we try to cook today.
Catering establishments must comply with the technology of heat treatment of products, especially when it comes to preparing meals for children. Most often it is stewing, boiling, steaming. Minimum spices and spices, less fat. Nutritious, but without gravity for the stomach.
A rich gravy, like in the Soviet canteen, with meat is a traditional goulash. Hungarian national dish, originally appeared as thick rich soup with slices of meat, onions and potatoes. The most important thing in cooking is the duration of the soaking of pre-fried foods to such an extent until the meat begins to melt in the mouth.
We have a Hungarian dish called stew, but we call goulash meat in a sauce (gravy). How to prepare the gravy, as in the Soviet dining room? Consider a few recipes.
"Stolovskaya" gravy with meat
The main thing in this dish - sauce. It should be a lot, it should be thick, opaque, but not sticky. The secret to the density of gravy is wheat flour, and it is with this that the hostesses thicken the sauce. In Hungarian goulash, in addition to flour, boiled over boiled potatoes also gave density. Let's go to the recipe.
- Beef - 400-500 g
- 1 medium onion
- 1 average carrot
- Flour - 1 tbsp. l
- Tomato paste - 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- A few black peppercorns
- A pair of laurel leaves
- Warm water (meat or vegetable broth)
- Sour cream - 1 tbsp. l (you can do without)
- My meat, soak through with a paper towel: it is imperative to remove excess moisture, then the meat is better browned. Cut into small pieces: diced, straws.
- We clean vegetables, wash them, chop them: onions - brunoise, carrots - on grater.
- In a deep frying pan or saucepan, where the sauce will be prepared, pour a little vegetable oil. We put on fire. As the oil is heated, we send the meat to fry, and in a few minutes - the vegetables. Fry. You can immediately throw all the ingredients, add a little water and simmer for 10-15 minutes over low heat.
- For this portion of meat will need 200 ml of water (broth). If you want more gravy, pour more liquid. But remember, the more water, the more flour.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the fire, cover with lid, simmer for about an hour.
- Now you can add salt to taste, add the prepared spices.
- In a bowl we mix flour, tomato paste, some water. Be sure to make sure there are no lumps. Here you can add sour cream.
- Pour the mixture to the meat with vegetables. Constantly stirring, we wait for the sauce to thicken. Cooking for another 5-10 minutes.
- Actually, your gravy with meat is ready. Density can be adjusted with water (broth). But remember, adding liquid, you need to once again make sure the taste of salt.
Instead of beef, you can use pork or lamb. The "redness" of gravy can also be controlled by the amount of tomato paste. You can add various spices from the set "to meat dishes", for example, paprika, cayenne pepper, spice mixtures.
Delicious gravy for pasta can be prepared without meat. It can be made tomato, creamy, mushroom, cheese, garlic. We offer this recipe.
- 1 st. water and milk
- 1 tbsp. l flour
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Piece of butter (for frying)
- Onions clean, wash, chop.
- Fry in butter until transparent.
- Separately, we dilute the flour in a small amount of water.
- Pour milk and clean water into the pan. Bring to a boil, seasoned.
- Gently, in a thin stream pour the flour mixture.
- Stirring, cook a few more minutes until thick. Lenten gravy is ready.
In the previous recipes, we thickened the sauce with "liquid" flour. Do you want to make your sauce brown, well, just like in the Soviet canteen?
- Fry meat in vegetable oil. We shift it to the tank to extinguish.
- Fry the onion in the same oil. And his meat.
- Add water (broth) to saucepan, simmer for 40 minutes over low heat.
- On a clean pan, melt a piece of lard. Pour the flour there and fry until the mass darkens. The darker the flour becomes after roasting, the darker the color of the gravy.
- We borrow some broth from a saucepan with meat to dilute the fried flour. You should get a homogeneous sauce, which then goes into the saucepan.
- Season to taste. You can still spoonful of tomato paste. Mix everything and boil for another 25 minutes over low heat.
Here is such a yummy! To taste - well, just like in the dining room! Serve gravy can be with pasta, with mashed potatoes, boiled potatoes, porridge. This tasty supplement does not spoil any side dishes.