Homemade dumplings are always tastier than store products. They put the soul of the hostess, which carefully kneads the dough, thinks over the filling, and then lovingly sculpts every detail. It seems that there is nothing simpler than this tasty and satisfying dish, but not all housewives know how to make the dough for dumplings elastic, almost transparent. But half the success depends on it!
The best dumplings from homemade dough
No matter how much the manufacturers of semi-finished products praise their products, if we are talking about dumplings, each of us will prefer the home-made dish. It's not just the quality of the ingredients, but also the recipe for the dough.
Not all cookbooks you will find descriptions of the subtleties of how to make the dough for ravioli. As a rule, the authors believe that they are already known to any hostess. But practice shows that this is far from the case. Not only the choice of ingredients is important, but other factors as well:
- flour grade. Dumplings made from durum wheat are ideal for ravioli. It contains more gluten, and the dough from it turns out elastic, does not break and rolls well. Products come in an attractive white color;
- Flour saturation with oxygen. To make the dumplings tasty, you need to sift the flour for them through a sieve twice;
- how to pickle. If you salt the dough, the dumplings will either be too salty or disintegrate in hot water. Experienced cooks salt the water with which they knead the flour, or throw a pinch of crystals into the pot of boiling water for cooking;
- elasticity. In order to roll the dough well, you need to knead it thoroughly or beat it on the table 15-20 times. After that, it is placed in the fridge for half an hour. This measure is necessary for the gluten to swell in the flour.
Now that you know all the secrets of making dough, let's talk about its varieties.
The classic recipe for the test water
Today, chefs are ready to offer many recipes with different ingredients, but the classic dumpling dough is made from water, flour and salt to taste. The amount of flour given is approximate, since it will always vary by grade.
- flour - 6 tbsp .;
- water - 1.5 st .;
- Flour well sift and put in a deep bowl.
- Dip into the flour and gradually pour a thin stream of water into it, while kneading the dough.
- When it turns into a thick enough, pour a little flour on a wide chopping board and lay out the dough.
- Knead well, as indicated above, and put in the fridge.
- After 30 minutes, get, cut into pieces, say sausages from them.
- Each sausage is cut into small cubes, roll them into thin circles, and you can start the molding of dumplings.
Basis for dumplings without eggs
The dough can be made in another way. Choux differs in that instead of cold water, the batch is made using boiling water. Due to this, the products become even softer and literally melt in the mouth.
The same as in the classic recipe.
- In the prepared dishes pour 1.5 tbsp. boiled water and add a pinch of salt.
- Put a bowl of water on the fire and bring to 90-100 degrees, so that the water was on the verge of boiling.
- 3 tbsp. sift flour, pour into a bowl or pan.
- Pour boiling water in a thin stream into the flour while kneading the dough until it looks like sour cream. If lumps are found in the dough, it is recommended to beat it in a blender so that the mass becomes homogeneous.
- Add another flour and knead the dough.
- When it becomes thick, but still sticky enough, pour flour on the cutting board and put the dough in, continuing to knead it.
- When the dough stops sticking, strike it on the table about 20 times.
- Wrap tightly in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, the dough can be rolled and sculpted dumplings.
Recipes with eggs and milk
Although usually for the preparation of real dumplings neither eggs nor milk are needed, there are lovers and more varied versions.
- 0.5 kg of flour;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tbsp. milk;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 1 tbsp. l sunflower oil.
- Sift flour, pour on a cutting board and make a well.
- Pour the sunflower oil in the hole - it will give the flour billet elasticity.
- Beat the eggs into a separate bowl and mix them with the milk.
- Pour the resulting mass into the "hole" in the flour and knead the dough.
- Knead it, occasionally lubricating his hands with sunflower oil.
- Cover the dough with a towel and allow it to lie down for half an hour or clean it in the cold. After 30 minutes it will be ready, and you can do the modeling.
- 3 tbsp. flour;
- 0.5 tbsp. milk;
- 0.3 st. water;
- 1 egg;
- 1 tsp. salt and sunflower oil.
- Pour flour on a chopping board, make a hole in it and pour in the remaining ingredients.
- Knead the dough and leave it to stand under a towel for 30-40 minutes.
- After a specified time, you can begin to form the pelmeni. Putting such a version of the test in the cold is optional.
Milk is not involved in this recipe. Warm water is taken instead.
- 2 tbsp. flour;
- 1 egg;
- 0.5 tbsp. water;
- 0.25 tsp. salt.
Cook as in the previous recipe.
Dumplings on kefir
An unusual version of the test for ravioli is cooked on kefir, as a result of which it turns out to be more delicious, supple and soft.
- 1 tbsp. kefir;
- 2 tbsp. flour;
- a pinch of salt.
The method is the same as in the previous variations with water, but kefir is pouring into the flour instead of it.
What else is made from dumplings dough?
The dough, which is traditionally prepared for the dumplings, called unleavened unleavened bland. From it you can make some more interesting dishes:
- cakes with sesame seeds;
- rolls stuffed with meat, vegetables or cheese.
Now you know how to make the dough for dumplings, and your household will be able to feast on homemade delicious culinary products. They can be prepared for the future, putting in the freezer. Why not offer a dish and guests, if they descend without warning? From the hearty little plate of pelmenk nobody has yet refused!