Every housewife knows that the key to making delicious pastry is dough. The filling, of course, also plays an important role, but if the dough turns out to be hard, knocked down and sour, then it is unlikely that someone would like such cakes. There is a wide variety of recipes for baking pies, and in each case, experienced chefs advise you to prepare the dough according to certain rules.
In this article we will explain how to make the dough for pies, so that the pastry is airy, fluffy and very tasty.
How to make pastry dough: cooking tips
Before you start making pastry dough, please note that there are several types of dough:
The choice of dough depends on the recipe for making pies:
- if you are cooking wind pies, it is best to use dough as a basis;
- For frying pies in a pan, a quick (yeast or yeast-free) dough is suitable.
Secrets of cooking delicious pastry:
- Flour must be sieved - so you will not only get rid of impurities and lumps, but also enrich it with oxygen, make it easier, which, in turn, will affect the pomp and ease of the test.
- Before kneading the dough, grease your hands and work surface with sunflower oil. So it will not stick, and the process of kneading will give you pleasure.
- Knead the dough evenly, but do not make it too knocked out (for example, if the yeast dough is very kneaded, it may not be suitable for baking or frying).
- All components used to prepare the dough must have the same temperature.
- Do not put too much sugar in the dough, since an excessive amount of it will not only allow the pies to redden, but also to burn, and inside they may remain damp.
- To make pies in the oven, knead the dough too thick consistency, but for frying it is best to make it uncool.
- Egg whites need to be separated from the yolks and in the process of cooking to use only the latter, thus, the dough will turn out tasty, ruddy and lush.
- Be sure to add salt to the dough.
- Follow the order of adding ingredients and the amount indicated in the recipe, otherwise the excess water will lead to the spread of the dough, and dry or pressed yeast - to an unpleasant sour smell and taste.
Quick dough: a simple and tasty recipe without using yeast
If you want to bake pies, as they say, in haste, then the recipe for cooking quick dough without adding yeast will be the best option.
- kefir or yogurt - 1 tbsp .;
- high-grade flour - 2 tbsp .;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- soda - ½ tsp. (pre-extinguish with vinegar);
- salt - a small pinch;
- sunflower oil - 3 tsp.
- Before you start preparing a quick test, prepare all the ingredients - they must be the same room temperature.
- Take a deep dish and put an egg in there.
- Add kefir, sugar and salt to the egg. All components must be thoroughly mixed. To do this, you can use a tablespoon, a whisk or a mixer.
- To this mixture must be added soda, previously extinguished with vinegar.
- Gradually pour the sifted flour.
- Next, carefully knead the dough. Grease the work surface and hands with vegetable oil. If necessary, sprinkle with flour on the table. After mixing the quick dough, proceed to shaping and baking the pies.
Yeast Cake Base: A Universal Recipe
There are several recipes for making dough with yeast for pies. It all depends on the method of baking: in the oven or in a pan. The recipe prepared by us is universal: you can use it to bake any pies with a filling.
- milk - 400-500 ml;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 700 g;
- yeast (dry need about 10 g, respectively, pressed - three times more);
- salt - 1 tsp;
- 2 chicken eggs.
- As for kneading quick dough, prepare all the ingredients beforehand so that they have the same temperature.
- Pour milk into separate deep dishes.
- Add all ingredients to milk, with the exception of flour. Mix thoroughly - for this, use a mixer or blender.
- To the mixture, add 2/3 of the flour. For convenience, the dough can be stirred at this stage with a spoon or a wooden spatula.
- Then sprinkle the surface with flour and lay out the dough, continue to knead it with your hands.
- Yeast dough should stick a little, so do not make it too knocked out and elastic.
- After kneading, move the dough into any dish and cover with a towel on top.
- The dough should come in a warm place. For this half an hour is enough.
- After the allotted time, proceed to the formation of pies and baking.
Tasty Choux pastry
Choux pastry dough can be prepared both in water and with the addition of dairy products.
- water - 0.5 l;
- sugar - 50 g;
- flour - 4 tbsp .;
- dry yeast - 10 g;
- sunflower oil - 100 g
- Take 250 ml of warm (but not hot) water and add sugar, salt and yeast to it.
- Mix everything thoroughly and allow the yeast mixture to infuse for about 7-10 minutes (bubbles should appear on the water above).
- Boil half of the remaining water.
- Pour boiling water into the obtained yeast mixture and add flour.
- Flour should be poured gradually and mix with a spoon or spatula.
- Then the dough should be laid out on a work surface and continue to knead by hand.
- Ready dough must be placed in a deep dish, cover with a towel and leave in a warm place for half an hour.
- After this time, the dough can be used to form a pie with a filling.
As you can see, there are many different recipes for making dough for pies. You can choose the most suitable for yourself. All the above recipes are very easy to prepare and do not require much effort. Pies made from such dough will be lush, airy, tasty and light. Enjoy your meal!