The taste of homemade pastries always compares favorably with the taste of purchased delicacies. After all, to make a cake or biscuit for relatives and friends - this means not only mixing the ingredients in the correct proportions, but also inserting a soul. Then homemade cake or cookies, for example, puff pastry ears with sugar or bows according to a similar recipe will help to create a unique atmosphere of comfort and warmth.
Features of puff pastry
There are two opposite opinions regarding puff pastry. Some housewives find it very difficult to work, because time is needed to make it "strong", to the desired state. Others, on the contrary, prefer to make all the pastries from puff pastry, because in his case you don’t need to worry whether it will work or not, as is the case with yeast. Anyway, both of them admit that puff pastry cookies are tasty and surprisingly there is never a lot of them.
Among the main advantages of the puff pastry varieties can be identified:
- universality (the recipe is the same for both sweet and salty fillings);
- baking puff pastry is tasty even without additives;
- short cooking time (about 20 minutes, depending on the filling);
- gentle melting taste.
How to cook puff pastry?
Some housewives believe that the preparation of puff pastry is a troublesome process. However, if you have the time and desire to do it yourself, then even beginners in cooking are quite capable of it.
- 250 g of lightly salted butter;
- 50 g of milk;
- ½ cup of granulated sugar;
- ¼ dessert spoon of salt;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 tbsp. sifted flour.
- These product proportions are calculated for 0.5 kg of dough.
- We soften the oil.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with sugar, milk and salt.
- Pour the beaten mixture into the butter, beat with a mixer or blender.
- Carefully pour the flour, without stopping to beat at low speed. The dough should be soft, not sticky to the hands.
- Roll out the dough into one thin layer (about 0.5 cm wide).
- Fold the dough sheet four times and send it to the fridge to get stronger.
- Material for future baking is ready in 40 minutes.
Recipe puff ears with sugar
Puff pastry ears with sugar is a great solution if you are a fan of such dough. In addition, this basic component of delicacy can be bought in finished form, and then it remains only to roll it into a thin layer and cut the cookies of the desired shape. Ears biscuits should be sweet, light and airy.
- 0.5 kg puff pastry;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- vegetable oil;
- 50 grams of flour.
- Pour flour on a table or a mat made of silicone. Spread the dough.
- Roll it into a thin sheet and sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- We fold in half and roll out again.
- Sugar is falling again, but now we twist 2 edges of the layer into 2 tubes.
- Cut our double roll about 2.5 cm thick.
- A little flatten the resulting pieces, so that they take the form of ears.
- Put baking paper on the baking sheet, having previously oiled it with vegetable oil.
- We spread the ears and put in the oven at 200 degrees.
- 15 minutes - and delicious crunchy cookies are ready.
Making light puff pastry bows with sugar
Puff pastry, unlike yeast dough, is easy to make pastry of an interesting shape. For example, in the form of bows. Not only tasty, but also beautiful cookies will decorate any feast.
- 500 g puff pastry;
- 2 eggs;
- 50 g of flour;
- vegetable oil;
- jam or honey.
- Pour the flour on the working surface.
- We spread the dough, roll it into a layer about 5 mm thick.
- Cut it into squares of 10 cm.
- Fold the squares in half in the shape of a triangle.
- We make two cuts on one of the sides and turn the opposite corner of the triangle with the resulting tongue, making a jumper for the bow.
- Put cookies on oiled baking paper, send them to the oven for 15 minutes.
- We take out a baking sheet and grease bows with honey or jam, return the cookies to the oven, but with the fire off.
Sweet cake puff pastry fillings
Puff pastry is a versatile companion for sweet additives. The most common (and successful!) Puff pastry fillings are:
- jam or jam;
- fresh or canned berries.
The only feature of puff pastry baking is the more watery the filling, the longer it will cook. In addition, if you choose a not very sweet additive, pour some sugar into it - this way you set off the fresh taste of the dough.
For those who love to bake at home, but at the same time prefer not to spend money on numerous ingredients, puff pastry will be a great solution. And if you don’t “bother” with his own preparation, then the effort (as well as the time costs) will be minimized altogether. But baking, for example, biscuits ears and bows with sugar, turns out great, especially in the eyes of fans of puff pastry.