When a merry feast is planned at home, a strong drink should certainly take part in it. Over a glass of good cognac and the conversation will be sincere, and time will fly by. Of course, you can spend a substantial amount on a bottle of drink from the store, but you can put a little effort and ingenuity and make your own perfect "nectar".
Cognac - what is it?
Cognac is one of the varieties of brandy, an alcoholic beverage that can enchant you with the spirit of France. Cognac is a legitimate French product, it owes its name to the city of the same name Cognac. If we say the name in Russian, then it will sound like the Cognac.
The technology of preparation of this drink is quite complicated. The French use for this selected varieties of grapes that do not grow in our fields. Many companies around the world are trying to produce a drink that will be as good as natural brandy produced in their homeland. Someone gets it more, and someone less.
Craftsmen also invented their own special technology for creating brandy in the living conditions. Often homemade drink is so perfect that guests can not distinguish it from the purchased one. For the production of brandy drink at home using vodka, wine or home brew. We will tell you how to make homemade cognac from moonshine.
How to make moonshine?
Moonshine is a strong drink made at home. As a rule, the strength of this product is not less than 40 degrees. There are a lot of ways to make moonshine, but we will give a classic example.
So, before you begin the immediate process of preparation, make sure that you have everything you need.
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 100 g of pressed yeast or 18 g of dry;
- 5 liters of water.
- If you use pressed yeast, dissolve them separately in sugar water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Allow the sugar to completely dissolve in warm water.
- Add yeast.
- Capacity tightly closed and placed in a dark room with a constant temperature.
- Wait 7 days. After this, uncork the tank, drain the yeast sediment and overtake the resulting brew in the moonshine. When moonshine is ready, you can safely cook homemade brandy from it.
How to make homemade cognac from moonshine: recipes
If the manufacturer makes an effort, the guests will never distinguish the homemade product from the store. After all, the taste and its color will be close to the factory. If you do not know how to make homemade cognac from moonshine, the recipes below will help you.
The classic recipe cognac drink
To get a delicious brandy, you must use a good brew, because what will be the basis, and this will be the end result.
- potassium permanganate — only a few crystals;
- moonshine - 3 l;
- black tea, natural, without additives and flavors - 1 tbsp. l .;
- walnut partitioning - 1 handful;
- carnation buds - 7 pcs;
- Vanillin - 1 tbsp. l .;
- cumin - 1 tbsp. l .;
- citric acid - not more than 3 g.
- Take a three-liter jar. We fill it with moonshine.
- We add manganese crystals to moonshine in order to achieve transparency of the drink.
- Dry walnut partitions, then tea leaves and cloves are poured into the jar.
- Thoroughly mixed.
- Then pour cumin and vanilla. Again, the contents of the jar slowly stirred.
- At the very end, add citric acid in the norm.
- The can is covered with an airtight lid, placed in a dark, dry room with a constant air temperature. Give the drink to infuse for up to 5 days. Long stand the future of brandy is not worth it, because it does not affect the taste.
- After the set number of days has expired, pour the contents out of the can, having first filtered through the filter. If you do not have a special filter, you can use the tools at hand, for example, a clean cotton cloth.
Everything! Now you know how to make cognac from moonshine. Guests will be delighted with such treats.
Grape Moonshine Cognac
How to make homemade brandy from moonshine ordinary, you already know. Now we will introduce you to another recipe for preparing a French drink, this time from grapes. For these purposes, you can use any fruit growing on your summer cottage. But it is preferable to pick grapes from nutmeg varieties with a specific aroma, such as Isabella, Lydia, Stepniak, and so on. It is imperative that the clusters are fully ripe. It is worth remembering that the amount of added sugar and water will depend on the juiciness, as well as the content of acid and sugar in grapes.
- water - 4 l;
- sugar - 5 kg;
- grapes - 30 kg;
- oak pegs or oak barrel for infusion.
To start making wine.
- The grapes (it must be washed) is separated from the grapes and crushed in a prepared container.
- Then sugar is added in the following proportion: for 10 l of crushed mixture - 2 kg of sugar.
- Then cover the container with gauze and insist no longer than 7 days, and the wort must be stirred 3 times during the day with a wooden spoon, on the second day of fermentation.
- When the required number of days has passed, the must must be drained into another container.
- In the resulting infusion add sugar at the rate of 2:10. The contents are mixed and poured into a glass vessel so that it takes up only 70% of the total capacity. The ideal environment for fermentation will be a place with an air temperature of 18 to 22 degrees, devoid of natural light. When the wine ferments for 20-22 days, you can begin the next stage.
Making alcohol from wine.
- Young wine is distilled in the moonshine.
- When the first distillation is finished, the resulting beverage is diluted 1: 1 with water.
- At least 3 distillations will allow you to get pure wine spirit, which will be 80 degrees fortress.
Oak pegs are placed on the bottom of the tank, in which you intend to insist brandy (or it is an oak barrel), then pour water, and in it - alcohol. Be sure to follow just such a sequence, otherwise the drink will turn out to be cloudy. Capacity tightly covered with a lid and infused for at least 12 months. Withstanding a homemade drink costs no more than 3 years: it should be borne in mind that you do not have a barrel and the conditions are far from the factory ones. Cognac grapes ready!
And remember that the ideal solution would be an oak barrel, but for lack of it, use oak pegs. Best of all those pegs that are removed from half a century of oak. And the tree should be cut down. It must experience the effect of precipitation on itself in order for natural soaking to occur.
Cognac on oak
Cognac, insisted on the bark of oak, is very popular among homemade craftsmen. We offer you a quick way to prepare such a drink in the domestic environment.
- glass container;
- In the process of preparation, oak chips are stacked almost to the top.
- Moonshine is poured with a fortress of not less than 45 degrees.
- Sugar is added in proportions: for 1 l of moonshine 2 tbsp. l Sahara.
- The can is tightly closed and retracted into the room without natural light.
- Insist 3 months, then filter. The resulting drink will remind you and all the other "tasters" with real taste and smell of brandy.
Fast cognac from moonshine
If you like the express way of making moonshine tinctures, then we will offer you a recipe how to make cognac from moonshine as quickly as possible.
- allspice black pepper - 1 pea;
- moonshine - 1 l;
- bay leaf - 1 pc;
- Leaf black tea - 0.5 tsp;
- baking soda - 1/3 tsp;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l;
- vanillin - 1 p.
- In an enamel pot pour 1 liter of moonshine 50% of the fortress.
- Place the pot on the fire, not boiling, add in turn the components: black pepper, bay leaf, tea, soda, sugar, vanillin.
- Cover the pan with the contents of the lid and incubate on the fire to a temperature of at least 75 and not more than 77 degrees.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave for 5 minutes under the lid.
- The drink is poured into a jar and left to cool.
- The brew is filtered and brought to a fortress of 40 degrees. Pour into cans.
- After 5 days, homemade brandy is ready to eat.
The recipes of homemade cognac from moonshine, which are presented above, are not a complete option. If you wish, you can make your own amendments to each of them and create your own unique analogue of the French elite drink.