Stuffed cabbage is a dish known to the whole world. In general, they are considered to be the Ukrainian national dish, but in the kitchen of every nation one can find analogues of cabbage. An interesting fact is that, even in ancient Greece, minced meat was wrapped in cabbage leaves. Today you can find countless recipes for cabbage making. We are with you consider how to make cabbage rolls.
Features of cooking cabbage rolls
To make the cabbage rolls tasty and tender, you need to choose the right ingredients for their preparation. This is what expert cooks advise:
- Particular attention should be paid to the choice of cabbage. It must be dense, but not too hard, otherwise cabbage leaves will be difficult to separate from each other.
- Cabbage is better to take medium size, and if the head is large, then the cabbage rolls will be quite large.
- The classic recipe for cooking cabbage involves the use of white cabbage. However, from the Peking and Savoy cabbage not less tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are obtained.
- Stuffing for cabbage is better to do yourself. If you use ready-made mince, then do not take the frozen product, because there is a lot of water in it and the cabbage rolls can spill over.
- For stuffing cabbage is better to use mixed beef and pork. You can also add a little chicken mince.
- Traditionally, stuffed cabbage cooked in tomato sauce.
Products have been chosen, the basics of cooking have been studied, now we can safely go to the kitchen and create our culinary masterpiece.
How to make cabbage rolls with minced meat?
Let's cook cabbage rolls with minced meat and rice according to the classic recipe.
- white cabbage - 1 medium head;
- minced meat - 600 g;
- rice - 150 g;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 2 medium onions;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- tomato paste - 3-4 tbsp. l .;
- pepper and salt;
- sunflower or olive oil - ¼ st .;
- First of all, we need to prepare the cabbage. To do this, it should be thoroughly washed, cut the stalk and put in boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
- As soon as the cabbage leaves soften, take out the head of cabbage and wait until the excess water runs out.
- Now you need to separate the leaves from each other.
- If the stem on the leaves is too thick, then it should be carefully cut.
- Now let's do stuffing for cabbage. First of all, you need to boil the rice until half ready and fold it in a colander to glass the excess liquid. Stir the stuffing with rice.
- Finely chop the onion (it can be minced) and rub the carrots. Pass vegetables until cooked, divide into two parts and add one to the mince, mix thoroughly.
- Season with minced salt and pepper. Tip: for a more dense consistency of minced meat, add an egg to it.
- Now we wrap our cabbage rolls. Lay the minced meat in the middle of the cabbage leaf and form an envelope so that its edges are wrapped inside. This will not allow the cabbage roll to turn around in the process of quenching.
- Cooking sauce: dilute tomato paste with water and stir until smooth. Add the second part of the roasted vegetables.
- We put cabbage rolls in the pan or cauldron seam down.
- Now pour the stuffed cabbage sauce so that it covers them for 2-3 cm.
- Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes over low heat.
- Ready-made cabbage rolls can be poured with sour cream and greened.
If you want to change the usual taste of cabbage, then add fried mushrooms to the stuffing. Believe me, this dish will not leave anyone indifferent.
Cabbage rolls from savoy cabbage
Savoy cabbage is quite beneficial because it is rich in minerals and vitamins. And the stuffed cabbage from it turns out very tasty.
- savoy cabbage;
- minced meat - 500 g;
- 1 large carrot;
- 2 onions;
- breadcrumbs - 2 tbsp. l .;
- tomato paste - 4-5 st. l .;
- broth - 0.5 l;
- melted butter - 5-6 tbsp. l .;
- salt and pepper.
- We prepare savoy cabbage in the same way as the white cabbage in the previous recipe.
- Finely chopped onion and grated carrots fry in melted butter.
- In the stuffing add vegetables and crackers for breading, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Now wrapped cabbage rolls already known to us.
- Fry the cabbage rolls in melted butter until they turn golden (about 2-3 minutes on each side).
- Cooking tomato sauce, as in the previous recipe.
- Put the stuffed cabbage in a thick-walled container and pour the sauce. Simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes. 5 minutes before the end of cooking add chopped greens.
- Serve cabbage rolls from savoy cabbage can be with sour cream or cream.
Cooking lazy cabbage rolls with rice and cabbage
If you have little time, you can cook lazy cabbage rolls. In this case, you do not have to mess around for a long time with cabbage, and the taste of the dish is almost the same as the traditional one. Lazy cabbage rolls can be stewed in the usual way or in a slow cooker.
- white cabbage - 0.5 kg;
- minced meat - 0.5 kg;
- rice - 200 g;
- 1 chicken egg;
- filtered water - ¼ st .;
- 1 medium carrot;
- onion head;
- milk - 3 tbsp. l .;
- tomato paste - 3 tbsp. l .;
- bay leaves;
- pepper and salt.
- Cabbage should be very finely chopped and filled with hot water, and after 10 minutes, drain it in a colander to drain the liquid.
- Onions and carrots passeruem to readiness.
- Rice must be boiled until half ready.
- Mix cabbage, minced meat, fried vegetables, rice and add a little water.
- Beat in an egg mince, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon take small pieces of minced meat and roll them into balls.
- Take the sauce: add tomato paste to the milk and mix until smooth.
- Heat the sunflower oil in the pan and lay out the lazy cabbage rolls, and then pour them half the sauce. If necessary, add boiled water. Put 2-3 bay leaves in the pan.
- Stew stuffed cabbage 20 minutes under the lid closed, and then remove it and cook another 10-15 minutes. The liquid should evaporate slightly. Ready stuffed cabbage sprinkle with herbs.
We have reviewed with you several recipes for cabbage cabbage. You can always make some changes to them depending on your taste preferences. Cook with pleasure and bon appetit!