Apple cider vinegar is much more useful than alcohol. If you cook it yourself, you have to spend time, but you get a 100% natural product that contains all the beneficial properties of the fruit. How to make apple cider vinegar at home and on what grounds to determine its readiness? Reveal all the secrets!
What to cook apple cider vinegar?
The best raw materials for cooking apple cider vinegar are apples grown in their garden. But if they are not, then you can use the purchased fruit. Autumn varieties of apples will do. The main thing is that they are ripe (you can take over-ripe, but without rot). To begin active fermentation, it is better to use the sweet fruit. They should be washed, inspected and wormhole removed. There is no need to clean and remove the seeds: the whole apple is used. Cider vinegar can also be obtained from natural juice. It in advance squeezed and filtered.
For the "artisanal" preparation of apple cider vinegar you will need an enamel, glass or ceramic pan and a spoon (spatula). It is better if it is made of wood.
Whatever recipe is used, in the end it is necessary to obtain a clear liquid consistency with acetic odor. The presence of sediment.
Obtaining natural vinegar is based on the fermentation of ripe apples. This process consists of several phases:
- the formation of a sweet nose;
- dry sidr;
To bring the vinegar to the desired "condition", it will take from 1 to 2 months.
Homemade vinegar will be raw, because it (unlike the product that stores offer) is not pasteurized. Thanks to this technology, it retains all the beneficial enzymes.
Natural apple cider vinegar has one specific feature: it contains a cloudy residue. It is called the vinegar starter ("womb"). This substance can be further used for the next portion of the product.
Apple Cider Vinegar at Home: A Simple Recipe for Beginners
- 1.5 kg of fruit;
- 2 liters of boiled water (cooled);
- 50 grams of rye bread;
- 150 g of honey.
You can also use a large grater, glass jar, towel or gauze napkin.
- Wash the apples. Grate them on a coarse grater (along with the core).
- Fold the resulting applesauce into a glass jar, cover with cold boiled water.
- Add a slice of rye bread.
- Put honey.
- Cover the container with a towel or gauze (without cover), put in a warm dry place for 12 days.
- Fermentation should begin in the jar.
- After a specified time, strain the composition through gauze into another jar.
- Leave the vinegar for another month to finish the fermentation process.
- Strain and bottle again.
Store homemade vinegar should be in corked bottles in places where light does not fall.
Attention: in 2 weeks after the start of preparation, mucous formation - "acetic uterus" can be observed on the surface of the workpiece. Even after 2 weeks, it will fall to the bottom and thereby witness the readiness of the product.
Yeast Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe
Vinegar prepared with this technology will be ready for use only after 2 months. It will require more components.
- 800 g of ripened fruit;
- 1 liter of boiled water (warm);
- 100 grams of granulated sugar (you can take honey), if the apples are sweet, then 50 grams will suffice;
- 10 g fresh yeast;
- 20 grams of rye crackers.
- Grind the apples (this can be done manually using a grater or grind the fruits in a meat grinder).
- Mix all ingredients, pour 1 liter of warm water.
- Pour the composition into a container, mix all the ingredients (so that the sugar is completely dissolved), cover with gauze.
- Keep in a dark place for 10 days, stir daily.
- Strain, pour into a clean dish.
- Leave for 60 days, check from time to time.
- The liquid should be clear.
- Re-filter and dispense into containers (not under the neck).
How to make apple cider vinegar at home with a more piquant taste? Spices or dry herbs should be added to the prepared liquid: dill, allspice, cloves. A very appetizing flavor will have a blank if you put a few cloves of fresh garlic in a bottle. Such an "accessory" will make the dishes flavored with it more refined and delicate.
Natural Apple Cider Vinegar: Homemade Freshly Squeezed Juice
To get a "live" vinegar with a pleasant smell and amber color, without chemicals and preservatives, you can use natural apple juice (without pulp) as the main component.
- apple juice - 1 l;
- honey - 100 g
- Prepare the juice using a juicer (if there is pulp in it, then strain it several times through cheesecloth).
- Add honey, stir.
- Fill the glass jar with the composition, tie the top with gauze.
- Place the container in a warm, unlit place where fresh air can be reached.
- Leave for 60 days.
- Strain through gauze folded in a couple of layers.
- Pour into bottles.
Vinegar should be kept at room temperature. Over time, it can form a film of mold. Do not be scared! This is a normal process. Remove this film is not necessary.
What benefits will apple vinegar bring?
Apple cider vinegar, which has not passed through the pasteurization furnace, has a healing, rejuvenating, cleansing, invigorating effect. It contains beneficial vitamins (C, A, E, group B), antioxidants, potassium, magnesium, boron and phosphorus.
In addition, the acidity of "homemade" vinegar is an order of magnitude lower than the factory. Therefore, it has a beneficial effect on the digestive tract, if used for cooking and for treatment. The tannins contained in vinegar inhibit pathogens and are powerful antioxidants.
Where can I use it?
So that you do not have the question "Why do I need so much vinegar?", We list only a few of its uses:
- cooking - for the preparation of homemade canned and vegetable salads;
- cosmetology - to give the body elasticity (massage), hair restoration and dandruff, peeling and preparation of masks for the face (from acne and black dots);
- dermatology - to eliminate warts; with shingles (to eliminate the rash);
- dentistry - to lighten tooth enamel;
- Dietology - for weight loss.
Who is contraindicated vinegar from apples?
Vinegar, even homemade, is prohibited in such cases:
- with an ulcer;
- if a person has gastritis and high acidity;
- during exacerbation of kidney disease;
- with hepatitis;
- if urolithiasis is diagnosed.
Apple vinegar is much more useful, especially when it is prepared from natural raw materials at home and without heat treatment. If you are afraid of the length of the process and you are not sure about the result, then try it from the simplest recipe (you can reduce the number of ingredients). So you make sure that it is not difficult and does not require great effort. Homemade vinegar will help you get the dream shape, improve your health and maintain your beauty.