The birthplace of the Adyg cheese is the Caucasus region - Adygea. This product belongs to the dairy soft varieties that do not need ripening: Adyghe cheese is ready in 5-7 hours after cooking.
Adygei cheese composition and its health benefits
Adygei cheese is a useful product that is made in both industrial and domestic conditions. Traditional cow's milk is used to make it, but you can also take sheep's milk. In the Caucasus, the famous cheese is made from these two types of milk by the starter method using a special Bulgarian stick.
Cook Adygei cheese at home is quite real. Moreover, a homemade product has several advantages:
- the absence of preservatives (this type of soft milk cheese is a perishable product, so preservatives are used in production that prolong the shelf life);
- You can vary the additives (to make the cheese less or more salty, add spices or greens);
- use one or more types of milk as desired.
What is Adyghe cheese good for? Its main advantage, of course, is a light and delicate taste. However, in addition, it contains a whole set of elements that are important for improving the body:
- salts of natural origin (sodium, zinc, iron, calcium);
- vitamin compounds of groups B, D, E and C;
- amino acids, natural enzymes, fats and important carbohydrates.
For those who follow the figure, Adyghe cheese is a real treasure. Its nutritional value is only 240 calories, and 80 g of the product contains the daily rate of essential amino acids for health. Just a couple of slices per day will have a positive effect on:
- digestion (natural enzymes found in cheese help improve intestinal function);
- the nervous system (due to the content of B vitamins and tryptophan, which improves mood);
- blood pressure (especially for hypertensive patients, as in this cheese product there are few types of fats that increase pressure).
Adygea cheese is recommended to be used by women during periods of pregnancy, breastfeeding, children, athletes and the elderly. It is easily digested, therefore, it is indicated even to those who must follow a therapeutic diet.
The Adygei cheese, which you select for yourselves, prepares at home quickly and offers many possibilities to introduce it into the diet.
How to make Adygei cheese?
Feature of this product is hot cooking method. The temperature of the milk in the manufacturing process should not be below 95 degrees.
Adygei cheese requires fat milk and whey or a special starter - Bulgarian wand.
To make your Adygei cheese good at home, prepare:
- two pans (one for boiling milk, the second for reclining the curd);
- a sieve or gauze through which excess liquid will drain;
- paper towels to thoroughly blot the cheese.
To make Adygei cheese, it is enough to follow the instructions and not be mistaken in the proportions of the ingredients. You can increase or decrease the number of products, but keep the 1: 3 ratio, that is, one part of whey needs three parts of milk. To obtain, for example, a pound of finished cheese, you need 2 liters of milk and 650 ml of whey.
- In pasteurized boiling milk pour serum, which curls the liquid.
- The resulting mass is thrown back into the pan, the bottom of which is carpeted with gauze or a thin cloth. The fabric needs to be lifted and secured so that the serum can drain.
- The cheese mass is transferred back to the pan and cooked over low heat for about 10 minutes, without interrupting the stirring. No need to add milk.
- Again lay out the milk mousse on the gauze or sieve, allow to cool and squeeze off the whey residues.
- After the glass is all liquid, the cheese head must be turned over and wet.
- From above the product is sprinkled with salt.
Soft Cheese Dumplings
For example, soft cheese dumplings are a good alternative for those who love curd fillings.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 3 tbsp. sifted flour;
- 1 tbsp. purified water;
- 2 eggs.
Mix the flour with filtered water and eggs and knead the dough - it will turn out smooth and elastic.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 400 g home-made cheese;
- salt, pepper (black);
- parsley, dill, cilantro.
- The cheese is kneaded with a fork, mixed with spices and greens chosen for your taste.
- Ready dumplings served with butter.
Adygea cheese fried
In addition, you can cook Adygei cheese fried, the recipes of which are not very complex. Grilled cheese can be breaded in different supplements and each time please yourself and loved ones with a new dish. So, for the preparation of tender and hearty dishes you need the following.
- 250 g of Adygei cheese;
- 200 g of flour;
- 1-2 eggs;
- bread crumbs;
- salt, pepper (preferably black);
- oil for frying (sunflower or olive).
- Mix flour with whipped eggs, salt and black pepper.
- Cut cheese into thin slices.
- Dip each slice in a plate with flour, then in crackers.
- Put in hot oil in the pan.
- Fry the cheese until crusted.
- Serve hot or warm, pre-sprinkled with herbs.
This basic recipe for fried Adyghe cheese can be beat, sprinkled with sesame before serving. And those who love seafood can try using nori seaweed instead of bread crumbs.
Cheese with Tomatoes and Garlic
Cheese can also be cooked with tomatoes and garlic.
- ½ kg of Adyghei cheese;
- 3 medium sized tomatoes;
- salt pepper;
- frying oil.
- In butter, fry the diced cheese.
- Slice tomatoes, garlic.
- Add vegetables to the cheese.
- Salt and pepper.
This snack, the preparation of which will take you about 20 minutes, is perfect as an aperitif.
Adygei cheese cooking tricks
To make Adygei cheese made at home a frequent visitor to your table, use some tricks of its preparation:
- for the yeast, you can take not only whey, but also yogurt - then the cheese will be even more tender;
- Watch the consistency of the cheese during cooking: if you digest, the product will turn out to be tough;
- You can add different greens to the cheese mass, spices - this will open up new facets of taste;
- the fatter milk for cheese, the more it will be useful lactic acid bacteria.
If you know how to make Adygei cheese, then in your refrigerator there is always a place for a homemade natural product. And dishes with the addition of this milk cheese will acquire a special, unique taste.