Russian cuisine is famous for its soups. At a family dinner and a friendly feast, the first will always come in handy. A worthy place among other soups is a hodgepodge. There are a lot of recipes of this dish, and the hostess, who knows how to make a hodgepodge at home, will always be able to surprise and please the guests with her culinary skills.
Solyanka: traditions and innovations
At first glance, it seems as if the hodgepodge can be concocted from the remnants of food left in the refrigerator. However, many housewives cook like this: slices of cucumber, cuttings from boiled sausages, potatoes, carrots are boiled and proudly call this dish a soup. In fact, you should not save on products. Before you prepare a hodgepodge at home, it will not be superfluous to walk to the market or to the store. There is a need to purchase high-quality meat: beef, veal (subscapular or shoulder, brisket), ham (cooked smoked), beef or pork kidneys (instead of them you can stock up on pork or beef tongue), ham, sausages. The dish will not suffer at all from the addition of chicken.
- 100 g of veal;
- 100 g of buds;
- 110 g of beef;
- 50 g ham;
- 40 g sausages;
- 1 large onion;
- 100 g salted cucumbers;
- 50 g capers;
- 60 g olives;
- 60 grams of tomato puree;
- 25 g butter;
- 700 g of broth cooked in meat;
- 1 lemon;
- sour cream.
- Cucumbers cut into small pieces. If vegetables have thick skin and large seeds, they should be removed. Pick cucumbers.
- Onions cut into half rings and passer in a pan with the addition of tomato puree.
- Lemon cut into slices (without peel), the olives are washed.
- The kidneys are cut into pieces and boiled according to the rules provided for this by-product (with water replacement). Then they are washed, cooled and cut in small cubes.
- Other meat products are ground into thin pieces.
- The broth ingredients brought to the boil are sent to the boil: browned onions, cucumbers and capers with pickle, meat products, spices, boil for 7-12 minutes.
- Before eating, the dish is flavored with lemon, sour cream, you can throw in a few olives.
Meat hodgepodge: nourishing and appetizing
The above recipe for hodgepodge is close to the ideal-classic. Although experts may challenge him, arguing that the kidneys are a legacy of Soviet cuisine, and cucumbers must be boiled separately. If someone like this recipe is embarrassed by a large assortment of products and the complexities of the process, then you can stop at a simpler composition and figure out how to cook the meat soup at home in a different way.
- 400 g pork;
- 200 g boiled sausage;
- 250 g of ham;
- 300 g cucumbers (salted);
- 2 tbsp. l tomato sauce;
- jar of olives;
- sour cream.
- Lavrushka and black pepper are added to the finished meat broth, but they do without salt.
- Meat products are cut in small pieces.
- Vegetables are crushed and passer in the pan, adding tomato paste to them.
- Vegetable mass is sent to the broth, boiled for 12 minutes, add cold cuts. Add the olives with the brine, bring to a boil and turn off.
- When serving, add a portion of 2 tbsp. l sour cream and lemon slice.
Solyanka in Kazan
If you want to make soup-soup at home more original, then you will surely like the recipe with prunes in Kazan.
- 100 grams of horse meat;
- 100 g mutton;
- 40 g kidney beef (or tongue);
- 1 onion;
- 2 pickled cucumbers;
- 80 g of prunes;
- 40 g tomato puree;
- 20 g of oil;
- 800 ml of water;
- 50 g sour cream.
- Prunes are poured with boiling water and left until it swells. Bones are removed from the dried fruit.
- Meat and by-product are boiled (not together), crushed in the form of cubes.
- Fragmented cucumbers are slightly let in.
- Onions are sautéed, seasoned with tomato puree.
- The remaining components are sent to the boiling broth and boiled for 10 minutes.
- Before serving, add sour cream to the plate.
It happens that deviations from the classical pattern give rise to culinary masterpieces. The original meat solyanka with a slightly different set of products will surely appeal to many.
- 0.5 liters of broth;
- 1 tbsp. cucumber pickle;
- 100 g of boiled meat (veal or beef);
- 100 grams of roasted meat (beef or veal);
- 50 g of ham;
- 50 g pork sausages;
- 1 chicken leg;
- 1 pickled cucumber;
- 100 g of cabbage;
- 1 tomato;
- 50 g sour cream;
- 5 olives;
- 0.5 tbsp. salted mushrooms;
- 1 tbsp. l capers;
- 1/2 onion;
- 0.5 tbsp. l parsley;
- 0.5 tbsp. l dill;
- 1 tbsp. l green onions;
- black and allspice.
- Cook on meat rich broth.
- The cucumber pickle is heated to a boil, get rid of the foam, pour it into the meat broth, boil.
- Turn meat products into cubes (you should try and give them the same size).
- Scald mushrooms and cabbage and cut them into tiny cubes.
- Chop onions, cucumbers and tomatoes in the same way.
- Vegetables and meat products put in a bakeware, add spices and sour cream, pour broth and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
If you set a goal, then prepare a hodgepodge at home is not worse than in a restaurant, quite real. It may cost money and time, but the result is worth it. A nourishing, appetizing, tasty, steaming hodgepodge will warm the body and soul in the cold, lift your spirits and reanimate after long celebrations.