Dried pork cooked at home is a great delicacy that can be served at the table as a snack or as an addition to hot dishes. This is an economical in terms of time and money, a way to stock up pork for the future without harmful artificial additives and flavors.
Dry meat at home is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. All that is needed for this is coarse salt, spices and a fridge or a cool dark room (pantry, cellar) in which the delicacy will be ready. The ideal meat for such purposes is chilled pork neck. Soft and juicy, interspersed with fat, it turns out to be especially tender and tasty.
Dried pork at home: cooking in brine
A delicacy cooked in such a way is a great alternative to purchased sausage for the everyday table or expensive cutting for the holiday.
- 1 kg of pork;
- 1 l of water;
- 5 tbsp. l coarse salt;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 3 bay leaves;
- 5 pieces. allspice;
- 2 pcs. carnations;
- a mixture of ground peppers.
- In this recipe, you can use any part of the pork carcass. Pre-marinating keeps taste good. Spices, combined with pork, will make the meat fragrant, and the marinade - tender and juicy.
- To get started, do a pickle. Put a pot of water on the fire, pour in salt, sugar, put bay leaf, allspice and cloves. Boil everything, hold on the fire for 3 minutes, remove from heat and cool. Remove the seasonings from the brine, and even better - strain it through cheesecloth.
- Put the pork in the marinade, cover with a lid and clean in cold for 3 days. Meat must be completely covered with liquid.
- After a set time, get the next delicacy and put it in a deep dish under pressure for 2 hours so that all the excess liquid is out.
- Spread a whole piece of spices on all sides, wrap in two layers of cheesecloth and refrigerate for exactly 7 days.
- After a week, remove the meat, rub it well with spices and hang it in a well-ventilated room for 2 weeks.
- Ready-made delicacy can be stored in the refrigerator, wrapped in parchment, so that it does not weathered, 3 months.
A simple "dry" recipe for dried pork at home
Dry meat can be without soaking in brine. You will need a little more time and effort, but the result is worth it.
- 1.5 kg of pork neck;
- 150 g of coarse salt;
- 5 g of sweet ground pepper;
- 5 g hot red pepper;
- 5 g hops-suneli;
- 5 g of ground dried garlic.
- Free the meat from the films, wash and dry thoroughly with napkins or a towel. Cut it into pieces with a thickness of 20 cm, try to make them the same.
- Put salt on the bottom of deep dishes, roll each piece of meat in it and put them tightly in a dish, sprinkle with salt on top.
- On top of the pork, put the oppression and put everything in the cold for 3 days.
- During this time, turn the meat pieces 2 times a day so that they are salted evenly.
- After three days, remove the neck, wash with salt, dry.
- Mix all the spices in a deep pan and put the pork in there. Knead it for a few minutes and season like a dough so that each piece is evenly covered with spices.
- Next, put the pieces separately on the gauze and wrap them in 2-3 layers. Secure with twine.
- In a well ventilated area, hang the meat for 14 days. Make sure that the pieces wrapped with gauze do not touch each other.
- You can store ready-made delicacy in the same gauze in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 months.
Dried pork neck
Step-by-step recipe will help you to prepare yourself a terrific spicy meat product from tender and juicy pork.
- 1 kg of pork neck;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 150-200 g of table salt;
- 2 tsp. peppercorns;
- 2 tsp. allspice;
- 5 pieces. bay leaf;
- 0.5 tsp. ground chili;
- 3 tbsp. l Svan mixture (dried garlic, tarragon, coriander, basil, tarragon, cumin and hot pepper).
- Make a marinade. In warm water, dissolve the salt, add peas, bay leaf and bring everything to a boil. Cool the liquid, put a whole piece of neck there and put it in cold for 3 days.
- After this time, remove the meat, rinse and dry, and send it under the pressure to remove excess liquid.
- All spices mix and roll in them dried meat.
- Wrap swine neck with gauze, put in a deep container and "send" to the refrigerator for 7 days.
- After a week, rub the meat again with spices, wrap in a new gauze, fix as tightly as possible with string and hang in a cool room in a draft or use the "dry freeze" function in the refrigerator. Ideally, the neck is dried for 30 days. During this time, it is well saturated with the aroma of spices.
How to cure pork at home: important nuances
In order not to spoil the meat and get a really tasty product, follow a few simple rules.
- For dried meat, use chilled. Frozen semi-finished products contain too much excess liquid in our case and lose their flavor if defrosted properly.
- Salt for drying, use only large marine or regular cooking. Sprinkle pork over it with plenty, do not worry that it will turn salty. Meat will take as many spices as you need.
- Before the final stage of drying, remove excess fluid to the maximum.
- The room in which the delicacy will be withered must be cool, with drafts.
- Be sure to add red pepper to the spices: it is a good natural preservative.
Pork can be called a universal meat that goes well with any spices. Therefore, the taste of the finished dried product can be any - sharp, more delicate, etc. Great field for experiments! If they turn out to be successful, your home menu will be replenished with tasty, devoid of "chemistry" and not expensive compared to the delicacy of stores.