Many dishes in their preparation require the use of tomato paste. Tomato paste, cooked at home, no worse than the factory. At the same time cooking tomato paste is quite easy. There are several recipes that can satisfy the taste and preferences of any hostess.
Country-style tomato paste at home
For this recipe you need a lot of salt and tomatoes.
- Tomatoes in stock
- Salt - to taste
- To start, prepare a clean plastic bag.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them in half and scroll through the juicer. The resulting juice is poured into the package.
- Then you need to hang the bag in such a way that a little liquid can flow out of it. Leave it for 12 hours, then pour it into a saucepan, preferably aluminum. The resulting mass should resemble a jam.
- Bring the tomato mass to a boil, and then, turning down the heat, hold on the stove for another 15 minutes. Stir all the time, then add salt.
- Tomato paste should not be boiled for too long, otherwise it will thicken strongly. After 20 minutes, spread the resulting paste on the banks.
- Homemade tomato paste can be rolled up or refrigerated for daily use.
How to cook automatic ketchup paste at home?
You can cook a tomato paste with ketchup flavor, the same piquant and spicy.
- Ripe tomatoes - 2 kg
- Salt - 2 tsp.
- Bulbs - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 150 g
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 125 ml
- Cinnamon sticks - 2 pcs.
- Black allspice - 1 tsp.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Bitter pepper - 1 pc.
- Ginger is a small piece.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the stems, cut into several pieces. Onion cut into half rings. Then fold the bay leaves, onions, rosemary, and tomatoes into the pan. Add salt and some water. Boil over low heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Once the tomato mass has cooled, pass it through a sieve.
- Boil the tomato mass with a strong boil, stir all the time. The volume of tomatoes should be less than 2 times.
- If you want to get just tomato paste, then remove from heat and cool. Tomato paste is ready. To make tomato ketchup paste, pepper it in a mortar, add all the remaining spices, and rub the ginger. Then pour in the tomato paste and put again on fire. After boiling, make the fire weak and leave for 10 minutes. Now add the vinegar, chopped bitter pepper, remove the cinnamon and cook for another 10 minutes. Pour ready tomato paste-ketchup into sterilized jars, close and place in a container with hot water for 20 minutes. Water should be 1 cm below the neck. Then take the jars and twist. Cover with a blanket, leave to cool.
- You can also put the finished tomato paste-ketchup in the fridge, poured on top of a small amount of sunflower oil. This will help prevent mold.
Italian home-made tomato paste recipe
Italian style tomato paste is prepared using a minimum of heat treatment. This allows you to save the natural flavor of tomato paste.
- Ripe tomatoes - 2.5 kg
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 100 g
- Salt - 30 g
- Vinegar 9% - 1 tbsp.
- Ground black pepper
- Through the meat grinder miss the tomatoes washed and cut into 2 parts. Place the resulting mass in a bag and let it sit for 8 hours to drain excess liquid.
- Then pour the tomato paste into the container and set on low heat. Do not forget to interfere. After boiling, boil the tomatoes for another 20 minutes.
- Now add the salt and place the spices in a bag of gauze and hold in the boiling paste. Boil the tomato paste for another 5 minutes. then remove the spices.
- Cool the prepared tomato paste a little and pour it into the jars. If you do not want to store the paste for a long time, fill the cans with vegetable oil on top to protect the paste from mold.
How to cook tomato paste at home quickly?
- Tomatoes - 3 kg.
- Wash tomatoes, remove all unnecessary. Then scroll through a meat grinder or blender. Pour the resulting mass into the pan and put on a small fire. Boil the tomatoes until the volume is reduced 3 times and acquires the consistency of thick cream. Cooking time may take several hours.
- Salt and pepper ready tomato paste is not necessary. Sterilize 0.5 liter cans and place them there. Banks close and clean in a cool place, as needed open.
In the process of cooking tomato paste, vitamin C is destroyed, but the amount of other antioxidants is increasing. Such a concentration of nutrients helps with tomato paste to reduce the risk of diseases of the cardiovascular system. Due to the unique composition of homemade tomato paste can bring more benefits than fresh tomatoes.
Tomato paste, cooked at home, is not only safer and tastier, but also much more useful than bought in a store. There are no dyes, thickeners and preservatives in it, but only fresh products!